• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Be Honest For Once

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line the OL needs to step up it's game, period
I disagree... Not that the OL doesn't need to step up it's game, just that it's not the bottom line. There's more to it than the players looking sucky therefore they suck. Huge chunks of this team is out of sync and that begins with coaching and game planning. I think enough can be fixed this to improve the team... I'm just not sure how much.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree... Not that the OL doesn't need to step up it's game, just that it's not the bottom line. There's more to it than the players looking sucky therefore they suck. Huge chunks of this team is out of sync and that begins with coaching and game planning. I think enough can be fixed this to improve the team... I'm just not sure how much.
Onwenu has been the only continuous bright spot. Need Brown back. I don't care if thet put him at LT or RT? Switching him could help Wynn.
But the line as a whole needs to do a better job at run blocking and pass protection. Mac is getting hammered. Yes some is his not recognizing the hot target nor getting rid of the ball more quickly. But he is a rook and needs time before he starts seeing ghosts.
Glad to see him take off from the pocket a couple times last game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything needs to be fixed and it starts imo with the OL

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything needs to be fixed and it's time to fix everything!

Before this season I warned Miami fans that yes they made improvements but they don't always work.
That has proven correct but also for the Patriots.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the 2021 Patriots, I've come to the conclusion that BB knows defense and knows how to put the right guys in the right place and make it work.

I've also come to the conclusion that he doesn't have the same grasp on the offense. Scott Pioli and a bit lesser degree, Nick Caserio were able to put pieces in place that TB12 could work with and make use of. With Bill having the final say on offense, the offense will continue to struggle.

If I was Bob Kraft I'd order Bill to call Larry Fitzgerald AND Golden Tate and ask them if they'd like to play the remainder of the year in Foxboro. I'd pay Agholor whatever he's owed for guaranteed money and cut him. That would send a message throughout the roster and the league. Then I'd tell him to get Stevenson back on the field. Finally, I'd tell him to start looking for a LT, I don't give a shit about hurting feelings or looking bad, find me a guy to cover Mac's blind side and if Brown can't get back on the field and play, find a RT too. No more fucking around, Get this ship's sails up and into the wind.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the 2021 Patriots, I've come to the conclusion that BB knows defense and knows how to put the right guys in the right place and make it work.

I've also come to the conclusion that he doesn't have the same grasp on the offense. Scott Pioli and a bit lesser degree, Nick Caserio were able to put pieces in place that TB12 could work with and make use of. With Bill having the final say on offense, the offense will continue to struggle.

If I was Bob Kraft I'd order Bill to call Larry Fitzgerald AND Golden Tate and ask them if they'd like to play the remainder of the year in Foxboro. I'd pay Agholor whatever he's owed for guaranteed money and cut him. That would send a message throughout the roster and the league. Then I'd tell him to get Stevenson back on the field. Finally, I'd tell him to start looking for a LT, I don't give a shit about hurting feelings or looking bad, find me a guy to cover Mac's blind side and if Brown can't get back on the field and play, find a RT too. No more fucking around, Get this ship's sails up and into the wind.

Wasn't last seasons offense Cesario's? How'd that go again? It's still early in the season. I feel that this offense is going to get it together sooner than later. We have the pieces in the skill positions. They just need to put a solid game together. IMO adding Fitz or Tate would do nothing at this point.

IMO the issues on the O-line are more a result of shit coaching than shitty players. I believe if Scar was still coaching, the line would be more effective. If the solution was to simply find other more qualified players wouldn't we have already done that?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2001 the Pats had Antwan Smith, Troy Brown, David Patten and Jermaine Wiggins as the primary skilled players. Scott Pioli and Nick Caserio get credit for making that group work? And who gets credit for Edelman? Gronk, Randy Moss and Corey Dillon have been the only prototypical elite skilled players since BB began.

What exactly did Pioli and Caserio understand?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't last seasons offense Cesario's?

Caserio was pretty much gone in 2020.

What exactly did Pioli and Caserio understand?

They were responsible for the scouting and they offered available players to Bill. Bill has always had the final say on personnel. Last year, he didn't have anyone to really go out and find bodies because the entire scouting group left. Ziegler has put the soiuting group back together and Matt Patricia is doing more than half of the personnel work that Bill used to do.

My point is simple and I won't belabor the shit out of it. Bill is a defensive genius and always has been. He's dedicated his football life to the defensive side of the game. By a magical stroke of the wand, he got Brady in 1999 and by another stroke of luck was able to play him from 2000 until 2019. Bill's offensive strength has been getting the OL players and having another genius Scarneccia, mold them into a force to be reconded with that could protect the QB and open highways for RBs.

Bill has never been able to find the true skill players and has more often than not, by passed great skill players, whether RBs or WRs. No coach is perfect, but most them surround themselves with people who are better than they are at certain things.

Bill's in a bit of a divot right now and it's going to take time to get enough pieces in place win consistently. The first step for him is listening to others on his staff.

One other side note. Did you see the game last night? Did you notice who was calling the defense?? Talk about looking like he was in a panic, Steve Belichick was chewing his lip, mouth breathing and looked like his face was constantly cramping. As a lighter recommendation, he should learn to spit better. He didn't spit with authority.