• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Be Honest For Once

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've watched the Patriots play three games.

Honestly,

1. We expected them to be much better than they are playing.

A. Offensive line is terrible. Especially the left side. Wynn cannot handle 6'3" and taller Edge rushers. Owenue read too many of his platitudes and is getting mauled.
B. BB wasted money on Agholor and Bourne. They are just not big enough or fast enough to get separation and instead of TDs, the Patriots are kicking FGs.

2. We expect way too much from a rookie QB who doesn't have the support he needs to be successful

3. Looking at the remaining schedule, the Patriots will be extremely lucky if they finish 2021 3-14.

4. The only possible wins that I can see if they continue to play are they are is Week 7 at home against the Jets (Who are getting better but are playing a schedule like the Pats) and The Jacksonville Jaguars (Who are looking better each week). The only advantage for the Pats is that both games are being played in Foxboro. They just don't have the horses to pull the cart.

5. Bill and Josh are not making the proper adjustments and continue to believe that their run first game is best. Problem is that they abandon it the minute that the team falls behind and try to move the ball throwing 3 yard passes.

I'm not throwing in the towel. I'm trying to find hope with a team that is not improving one iota each week. This year's schedule is brutal and if the staff can't solve the problems or the personnel, then we can't expect the Patriots to be competitive.

The trade deadline is November 2, 2021 4:00 PM EST.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly,

A. Offensive line is terrible. Especially the left side. Wynn cannot handle 6'3" and taller Edge rushers. Owenue read too many of his platitudes and is getting mauled.
B. BB wasted money on Agholor and Bourne. They are just not big enough or fast enough to get separation and instead of TDs, the Patriots are kicking FGs.

2. We expect way too much from a rookie QB who doesn't have the support he needs to be successful

3. Looking at the remaining schedule, the Patriots will be extremely lucky if they finish 2021 3-14.

4. The only possible wins that I can see if they continue to play are they are is Week 7 at home against the Jets (Who are getting better but are playing a schedule like the Pats) and The Jacksonville Jaguars (Who are looking better each week). The only advantage for the Pats is that both games are being played in Foxboro. They just don't have the horses to pull the cart.

5. Bill and Josh are not making the proper adjustments and continue to believe that their run first game is best. Problem is that they abandon it the minute that the team falls behind and try to move the ball throwing 3 yard passes.

I'm not throwing in the towel. I'm trying to find hope with a team that is not improving one iota each week. This year's schedule is brutal and if the staff can't solve the problems or the personnel, then we can't expect the Patriots to be competitive.

Take the Smith pick-six away and the score is 21-13 with the Pats knocking at the end of the game... Being honest, this team isn't very good right now, however your reaction isn't very "honest"... it's an overreaction.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the Smith pick-six away and the score is 21-13 with the Pats knocking at the end of the game... Being honest, this team isn't very good right now, however your reaction isn't very "honest"... it's an overreaction.
No it's not an over-reaction. This team is nowhere near what was expected.

Two major flaws are the WRs and OL. Until the OL plays about 100% better, this team goes nowhere.

Your not being honest. Your trying to pick a fight by making it personal. State facts why you don't agree and stop the personal attack.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly,

While I don't necessarily disagree with you there's a few things to consider. 1) The Saints absolutely demolished the Packers in week one yet in week two and three the Packers look like the Packers again so maybe the Saints are just really good, particularly on defense. 2) The Pats likely should've beaten the Dolphin's if not for a fumble and the Dolphin's are playing pretty good. 3) This team is basically brand new and is likely to get better hopefully before it's too late.

Ya, the Pats currently look like shit(on offense) but they do have some talent so hopefully it meshes in time. Would be great if they meshed in week four but I'll not expect it.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D and O lines are not nearly as good as advertised and Josh McDaniles needs a slap on the head.
Bolden in three times -3, awful.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't necessarily disagree with you there's a few things to consider. 1) The Saints absolutely demolished the Packers in week one yet in week two and three the Packers look like the Packers again so maybe the Saints are just really good, particularly on defense. 2) The Pats likely should've beaten the Dolphin's if not for a fumble and the Dolphin's are playing pretty good. 3) This team is basically brand new and is likely to get better hopefully before it's too late.

Ya, the Pats currently look like shit(on offense) but they do have some talent so hopefully it meshes in time. Would be great if they meshed in week four but I'll not expect it.
Did you expect that the only undefeated teams after Week 3 would be:

Los Angeles Rams
Denver Broncos
Las Vegas Raiders
Carolina Panthers

While I didn't think the Patriots would be undefeated, I thought that they would be 2-0 going into yesterday and give the Saints a hell of a lot more of a fight than they did and possibly be facing an undefeated Bucs team next week.

Then again, if you told me that the Chiefs would be in the same position as the Patriots at 1-2, I would have laughed you off the board.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I didn't think the Patriots would be undefeated, I thought that they would be 2-0 going into yesterday

As BB has stated many times football is a game of inches. A few more inches without fumbling and the Pats would've been 2-0 going into yesterdays game. Crazy how one fumble is causing the Pats to look like such an awful team three weeks into the season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As BB has stated many times football is a game of inches. A few more inches without fumbling and the Pats would've been 2-0 going into yesterdays game. Crazy how one fumble is causing the Pats to look like such an awful team three weeks into the season.
I suppose you could say the same for the Jets against the Pats. Wilson threw two bad passes and had two tipped. Take away the tips and the Patriots could be 0-3 right now.

No question about what you said but good teams can overcome a couple of gaffes. Bad team generally make things worse for themselves. I don't think the Patriots are a bad team, but they aren't good enough to overcome their own mistakes. They screwed up against the Dolphins, didn't screw up at all against the Jets and screwed up against the Saints.

It's all relative. When you look at what causes screw ups in the details, you find the issues that need addressing. Then comes the problem of addressing the issues and does that cause a bigger problem or create more problems.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not an over-reaction. This team is nowhere near what was expected.

Two major flaws are the WRs and OL. Until the OL plays about 100% better, this team goes nowhere.

Your not being honest. Your trying to pick a fight by making it personal. State facts why you don't agree and stop the personal attack.
ummm, I didn't say your take was "dishonest", just that it was not an "honest take". I did provide facts... I provided facts that indicated the game was within reach despite the score. I responded to your comments the same way I would have to Sherkey or YReb, YTrav, Southie, etc.

For starters: who is expecting more from Mac Jones? Yeah he looked good the first two games, and yesterday he didn't look as bad as his stats, J Smith bent him over all game.

Lucky to win 3? Sorry, that's not happening. If you said 5 and 12 I might not think that's implausible.

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D and O lines are not nearly as good as advertised and Josh McDaniles needs a slap on the head.
Bolden in three times -3, awful.
My personal favorite was when he tried to back into the goal line.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly,

I think you are mostly right, but Bill has always improved through the season.
They will finish much better than 3-14.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Wilkerson?

Wilkerson certainly comes to mind though I'm sure there are others. Suddenly trading Sony doesn't seem like the greatest idea. Did you see that block he laid on a Bucs defender yesterday?

Rhamondre Stevenson was inactive yesterday while Bolden did what Bolden does.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly,

Sorry BK, got to go with the majority here.

No they haven't lived up to expectations, mainly the Oline. What should've been a strength is currently a weakness. Will it get better once Brown returns we hope so.

Remember Mac is a rookie and has faced more blitzes than any other QB, I believe is what I heard. If not it was definitely the most for rookies. Got to give him and the Oline a break.

BB has started out like this before and made it to the pkayoffs and SB. Need to have a little faith.

So far the $ spent has been acceptable. Yes J. Smith had a terrible day. But that likely changes. Look at the tgts versus catches, versus the total number of passes thrown.

There has been enough seperation. Mac can fit it into tight windows you don't need a mile of speration. Part of the blame goes to Mac. He's throwing mostly safe passes. Not throwing the guys open. Thus the YAC suffers. I don't know if he and Josh listened to the media hype last week of not throwing it deep or not. But Mac's long ball looked awful. Guys were a step ahead and Mac missed them badly. Stay with what's working. F the long ball. That time will come.

This leads to Josh's bs game plan and play calling. Where do I start? The list is too long. Big gain on the ground first play. So let's throw it deep. End up punting. Bolden (I cringe every time I see his name). White injured now, maybe Stevenson gets the call. RBBC is what works for this team. Use them ALL.

I think we lose to the Bucs. Too much talent and Brady ain't losing this one.

After that we can re-evalute with hopefully Brown and Gilmore back. A few key stops can really help Mac.

Oh penalties and bone head kick offs out of bounds. Givw me a break. That will be fixed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most difficult thing for anyone to do is to be honest with themselves.

Flaws are flaws. Weaknesses are weaknesses. Ability is ability.

In my opinion, the first thing BB should do when Brown comes back is put him at LT and move Wynn to RT. Brown is so big that he can force an edge rusher to take an exceptionally wide berth to Mac. This will also take some stress off Owenue. Shaq Mason will bolster Wynn's play on the right. Next, if Andrews is getting bull rushed give him a break every third series and put Karras in to give him a blow. Karras is about 35 lbs heavier and bit nastier.

Next, sign a free agent old WR like Larry Fitzgerald, Alshon Jeffery, Golden Tate or Devin Funchess and let them show the WR on this team how to play professional football.

The truth? This team needs a kick in the ass, not three weeks in the dog house. An embarrassment like Sunday is totally unacceptable and to skim coat it with unicorns and fairy dust, makes things worse not better. I can find 53 guys on the street that can perform equally as bad as the Patriots did against the Saints.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most difficult thing for anyone to do is to be honest with themselves.

Flaws are flaws. Weaknesses are weaknesses. Ability is ability.

In my opinion, the first thing BB should do when Brown comes back is put him at LT and move Wynn to RT. Brown is so big that he can force an edge rusher to take an exceptionally wide berth to Mac. This will also take some stress off Owenue. Shaq Mason will bolster Wynn's play on the right. Next, if Andrews is getting bull rushed give him a break every third series and put Karras in to give him a blow. Karras is about 35 lbs heavier and bit nastier.

Next, sign a free agent old WR like Larry Fitzgerald, Alshon Jeffery, Golden Tate or Devin Funchess and let them show the WR on this team how to play professional football.

The truth? This team needs a kick in the ass, not three weeks in the dog house. An embarrassment like Sunday is totally unacceptable and to skim coat it with unicorns and fairy dust, makes things worse not better. I can find 53 guys on the street that can perform equally as bad as the Patriots did against the Saints.
I was mostly with you till you went all Moses Malone on us.