• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Let The Games Begin.....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another concern of mine.

If Mather was speaking "in confidence" with these comments, it shows that there is a culture that enables that type of behavior.
To me isn’t bad if it was like 1 or at most 5 of the 30 insensitive things he said. Individually, everything he said you can easily argue except the Julio Rodriguez English thing. The culture thing is only brought up is because he was so arrogant, brash or whatever adjective you want to use. Super successful people don’t speak like that unless that is how his peers feel. I mean how many celebrities have gotten caught up in X, Y and Z movements and there are at least people half ass standing up for them or explaining while wrong, this is how it was/is. Stanton’s press conference was an utter embarrassment but the entire press conference boiled down to, this is how we all feel and are sorry someone said it out loud.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem with baseball or any uncapped league. IMO the President should be the President of business operations and baseball operations. In a capped league ok sure with set budgets. Stanton didn’t change a thing about the organization, you still have a buffer between church and state when church should have a direct line to state. The main reason Theo is brought up is because the Mariners have the exact opening he wants in ownership, the presidency and Jerry is a lame duck GM at the moment. Wanting all three is why resigned.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone not impressed at all with Evan White? he is picking up where he left off last season in slumping behind the plate. I really do think he benefited from signing that long term contract early I understand he has a great glove but man starting off 1-10 is not something I wanted to see.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official

I am glad to see that our infamous Governor has blessed us with allowing 25% capacity to start the season. It just bugs the H out of me that Insley has been calling the shots in our state through the Covid thing. I kind of think he had to start opening things up because so many people were planning to make their own decisions about moving toward a bit more normalacy. There have been so many conflicting messages from doctors and others who think they know it all. Fauci has had his 5 minutes ( 1 yr. ) of fame and has given mixed messages about this whole Covid thing since day one. THERE, done with my RANT (for now anyway)....sonrry....:trash: :bolt::amen:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 FAUCI.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, not a fan of the dude but it is disingenuous to say lockdowns haven’t worked since we haven’t ever had a lockdown. A lockdown is hypothesis anti social Ivy Leaguers believe is the answer to all virus’ on paper but realize it is impossible to implement.

But good for Inslee, he would’ve looked rather foolish if the Athletics were allowed to have fans but the Mariners couldn’t. I didn’t hear his press conference, what are the parameters? I know Sam Huard for months has been trying to get parents in the stadiums. Do fans have to have Vaccine ID’s or something?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, not a fan of the dude but it is disingenuous to say lockdowns haven’t worked since we haven’t ever had a lockdown. A lockdown is hypothesis anti social Ivy Leaguers believe is the answer to all virus’ on paper but realize it is impossible to implement.

But good for Inslee, he would’ve looked rather foolish if the Athletics were allowed to have fans but the Mariners couldn’t. I didn’t hear his press conference, what are the parameters? I know Sam Huard for months has been trying to get parents in the stadiums. Do fans have to have Vaccine ID’s or something?
All I heard was like 25% capacity and I heard a 9.000 person limit from a news report. Didn't hear the specifics about being vaxed or masked up.. Scoial distancing is built into the plan. I assume family members would be allowed to sit together....at least I would hope that's the case. Sorry I don't have the accurate specifis of the plan.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I heard was like 25% capacity and I heard a 9.000 person limit from a news report. Didn't hear the specifics about being vaxed or masked up.. Scoial distancing is built into the plan. I assume family members would be allowed to sit together....at least I would hope that's the case. Sorry I don't have the accurate specifis of the plan.
Oh no big deal. I knew it would be masked up. Texas is 100% open but every sporting event is still masked. I just didn’t hear the press conference so wasn’t sure. Because I just know Vaccine cards are going to be hard as hell to bring as ID because they are too big for a wallet but if you shrink them to fit enough then you can easily falsify them which defeats the purpose of them.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 days from today (Friday 3/12) for the game 1 home opener.....tic tok tic tok :dhd: :suds:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Mariners make money on this, right?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Mariners make money on this, right?

I read through it and other stuff on the NBCSports going bankrupt. I think the Mariners win by default on this. As long as they can sell ads which doesn’t seem hard when Root owns Portland. But the Mariners/Root Sports should be put on notice that they better get into streaming over getting into television rights. Root isn’t Fox where they had a billionaire that can write blank checks when NBC reshuffled when they couldn’t afford the NFL rights in the late 90’s.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1616090925016.png

Guess Covid finally gave them the excuse to ban outside food. Unfortunate

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 267165

Guess Covid finally gave them the excuse to ban outside food. Unfortunate

Challenge accepted. I'm sure I can hide a bag of peanuts somewhere (not there!) and get em in.

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to going and seeing a couple games on a sunny afternoon or 2.

Might be a little tougher to fudge my way to much better seats than I paid for this year though. Pro tip, If you print out your own tickets, you can check and see what low sections have lots of open seats, then Photoshop those onto your 300 level outfield ticket, and sit in the 100s. Or that's what people tell me anyway.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Challenge accepted. I'm sure I can hide a bag of peanuts somewhere (not there!) and get em in.

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to going and seeing a couple games on a sunny afternoon or 2.

Might be a little tougher to fudge my way to much better seats than I paid for this year though. Pro tip, If you print out your own tickets, you can check and see what low sections have lots of open seats, then Photoshop those onto your 300 level outfield ticket, and sit in the 100s. Or that's what people tell me anyway.
Peanuts are the main thing that I liked to bring from outside as well haha. I am usually ok stomaching the cost of a beer or two and making sure I eat right after the game. Only been to one game the last two years tho.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what is more depressing, that Felix's prime years were completely wasted or the fact that he's still trying to play when he clearly no longer has it anymore and isn't willing to put in the work to get in shape.