• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Let The Games Begin.....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pathetic 60 game showing should be enough to rid of Servais. If he somehow keeps his job than this franchise won't even contend for a WC anytime soon.

Yeah, he'll probably be the scapegoat.

Hopefully his replacement will be someone who can actually do their job.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he'll probably be the scapegoat.

Hopefully his replacement will be someone who can actually do their job.

I'm guessing that Dipoto would be forced to let Servais go if he wanted to keep his job. Stanton (ownership) is a long standing Mariner supporter. What I don't understand is why ownership had not previously directed Dipoto to change the manager position and bring in a real manager. I would guess most M's fans see the issues with Servais as the manager and I would surely think ownership AND Dipoto would also see Servais's lack of managing/leadership skills. Management giving Dipoto a contract extension and then in turn Servais has me wondering what is going on behind closed doors. Maybe Dipoto is a super con man and master manipulator by promoting a complete overhaul is the answer. It buys him and his pal Servais a couple extra years. Throw in the Covid 19 issues and that really makes a mess of things. Nothing is ever clear and transparent with the Mariner's organization and their track record over the past 20 some years supports that. I thought when Stanton took the reins that things might change.....was I ever wrong!! :doh:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that Dipoto would be forced to let Servais go if he wanted to keep his job. Stanton (ownership) is a long standing Mariner supporter. What I don't understand is why ownership had not previously directed Dipoto to change the manager position and bring in a real manager. I would guess most M's fans see the issues with Servais as the manager and I would surely think ownership AND Dipoto would also see Servais's lack of managing/leadership skills. Management giving Dipoto a contract extension and then in turn Servais has me wondering what is going on behind closed doors. Maybe Dipoto is a super con man and master manipulator by promoting a complete overhaul is the answer. It buys him and his pal Servais a couple extra years. Throw in the Covid 19 issues and that really makes a mess of things. Nothing is ever clear and transparent with the Mariner's organization and their track record over the past 20 some years supports that. I thought when Stanton took the reins that things might change.....was I ever wrong!! :doh:

There is no way Servais will be let go unless it is both of them. Jerry made his bed when he went with his buddy who barely had the resume to be a position coach and made him his manager. And IMO if Stanton does force Jerry into firing him then we as Mariners fans are screwed. You cannot logically justify firing a guy but keeping the guy who hired him, especially since Jerry hired that chick who sued them as well.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Servais will be let go unless it is both of them. Jerry made his bed when he went with his buddy who barely had the resume to be a position coach and made him his manager. And IMO if Stanton does force Jerry into firing him then we as Mariners fans are screwed. You cannot logically justify firing a guy but keeping the guy who hired him, especially since Jerry hired that chick who sued them as well.

I see your logic with that and I thought about that also, but if Dipoto cobles together a potential post season group of kids and Servais OTJT doesn't pan out (which I don't see ever happening) do you really think ownership would shit can both Dip and Servais? Jerry is a super competitive guy with an ego that matches it and I could see him throwing Scotty under the bus to keep his position and ego in place. Of course that assumes Jerry has the skills to put together a post season team. I don't think Jerry would let Servais get in the way of his grand plan. Just my opinion is all. Who knows how things will play out, but I really do not see Servais being a piece of any formidable post season Mariner team.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheffield finally put together a good game and got his first career W. I personally do not look at our overall W/L record I am looking at how our young players develop.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your logic with that and I thought about that also, but if Dipoto cobles together a potential post season group of kids and Servais OTJT doesn't pan out (which I don't see ever happening) do you really think ownership would shit can both Dip and Servais? Jerry is a super competitive guy with an ego that matches it and I could see him throwing Scotty under the bus to keep his position and ego in place. Of course that assumes Jerry has the skills to put together a post season team. I don't think Jerry would let Servais get in the way of his grand plan. Just my opinion is all. Who knows how things will play out, but I really do not see Servais being a piece of any formidable post season Mariner team.

I may be totally wrong but no, I cannot see them forcing Jerry into firing Servais. The two are tied to the hip IMO. They signed off on Jerry hiring Scott even though he wasn’t on anybodies list of managerial candidates. It just seems hard for me to see Stanton allowing Jerry to be in charge of hiring another manager when (in that scenario) his two big hires flamed out and cost them a lawsuit and then would cost them the playoffs. IMO Jerry doesn’t have any equity built up or if he had any it was cashed out into having him and Scott get extensions when upper management knew they were going to be terrible. Plus, Jerry is so weird with his going against everything deemed normal, if they gave him an ultimatum he seems like he just might quit similar to Hargrove.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we could all speculate about the goings on with this organization. We all know the history of Mariner's ownership and their track record, along with ownership changes pretty much speaks for itself. No post season for years now and the excuses are getting rather old news. No matter what our thoughts are at any point in time, whatever is going to happen will, in fact, happen. :D How's that for making a profound statement. :pound:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kyle Lewis is a stud and you can’t change my mind
Also Dylan Moore is doing surprising well so far

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kyle Lewis is a stud and you can’t change my mind
Also Dylan Moore is doing surprising well so far

Moore and Lopes should be just given LF and RF for the year. It is early but Moore is much better this year at the plate and I can see him being a replacement if they can unload Seager or a guy who can spell Evan White and Seager next year. Not really a fan of Moore or Lopes in the OF but it is what it is for this year.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore and Lopes should be just given LF and RF for the year. It is early but Moore is much better this year at the plate and I can see him being a replacement if they can unload Seager or a guy who can spell Evan White and Seager next year. Not really a fan of Moore or Lopes in the OF but it is what it is for this year.
Agreed Lopes and Moore need to be on the field every game

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Lopes and Moore need to be on the field every game

Well I know Kelenic won’t be called up so LF and RF are open. No offense to Gordon or Smith but neither should be in the OF or really in the lineup unless it is an emergency or someone needs a day off.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I know Kelenic won’t be called up so LF and RF are open. No offense to Gordon or Smith but neither should be in the OF or really in the lineup unless it is an emergency or someone needs a day off.
Yea im fine with that, until Moore isnt 8th in hardest balls hit in baseball I want him in the lineup
I guess you could bring Gordon or Smith in for pinch running situations but I dont trust Scotty to pull that off

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunn had a great start yesterday against the rangers which is always good to see its a bonus coming off of Sheffields good start. Kyle Lewis looks great the only young player that is really struggling behind the plate is Evan White striking out all the time.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like 1-4 in the lineup is set and by all means they all have proven they belong there. It would've been nice to have Hangier in that 5 hole but I don't think we see him at all this year.

They should just leave Evan White in there at 5 and no mater what work through this hitting at this level. The kid is hitting the ball hard its just right at the defense or they make a good play on the ball.

6 and 7 should be Nola and Long, then put Dee in the DH at 8 and Lopes in the 9th hole that way you have speed on the bases and when the top of the order rolls around and they can just keep running stealing bags and keep the offense in a moving motion the whole game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea im fine with that, until Moore isnt 8th in hardest balls hit in baseball I want him in the lineup
I guess you could bring Gordon or Smith in for pinch running situations but I dont trust Scotty to pull that off

With all due respect to Gordon and Smith. That is all they are really good for. Smith has proven he is a 4th OF at best and lucked out that Covid happened IMO because Fraley or Bishop deserved his spot until they struggled during summer camp. With Crawford, Long, Moore and Lopes on the team, there is no role for Gordon because he just isn’t good in the OF and doesn’t have the offensive game where you need to put him in lineup regardless of his defensive liability.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to Gordon and Smith. That is all they are really good for. Smith has proven he is a 4th OF at best and lucked out that Covid happened IMO because Fraley or Bishop deserved his spot until they struggled during summer camp. With Crawford, Long, Moore and Lopes on the team, there is no role for Gordon because he just isn’t good in the OF and doesn’t have the offensive game where you need to put him in lineup regardless of his defensive liability.
You can throw Vogelbach in there too I wouldn’t mind not seeing him in the lineup

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can throw Vogelbach in there too I wouldn’t mind not seeing him in the lineup

This is going off of my head so I’m not 100% accurate but I think Vogelbach and Smith are only on the team because they don’t have options. Maybe Smith might have one but it seems better to option Fraley and Bishop where they are least practicing every day. Though, with what we are talking about wanting Moore and Lopes in the lineup until they truly suck it doesn’t make sense to have Fraley or Bishop on the roster to get 4 AB in a week. Which is where we are at as team with Vogelbach and Smith should be gone. You can call up Cal Raleigh thus allowing an everyday DH like Nola thus releasing Vogelbach. I’d like to see Bishop get called up and Smith just released. He should be the first guy needing to spell any of the OF’s. Let Gordon become the utility IF guy and spot pin h runner.

But Jerry has to have a game plan for next season year, which I all but assumed Fraley in RF. The 4th OF and hoping Bishop becomes the utility 4th OF. Kelenic will be the opening day CF and leaves it up to Bishop and Fraley for one year because in 2022 Julio Rodriguez will be on the opening RF.

Next year’s OF is Lewis in LF, Kelenic in CF and Fraley and Bishop fight it out for right and one of those team have to shown enough offensively that they can be a DH in 2022.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going off of my head so I’m not 100% accurate but I think Vogelbach and Smith are only on the team because they don’t have options. Maybe Smith might have one but it seems better to option Fraley and Bishop where they are least practicing every day. Though, with what we are talking about wanting Moore and Lopes in the lineup until they truly suck it doesn’t make sense to have Fraley or Bishop on the roster to get 4 AB in a week. Which is where we are at as team with Vogelbach and Smith should be gone. You can call up Cal Raleigh thus allowing an everyday DH like Nola thus releasing Vogelbach. I’d like to see Bishop get called up and Smith just released. He should be the first guy needing to spell any of the OF’s. Let Gordon become the utility IF guy and spot pin h runner.

But Jerry has to have a game plan for next season year, which I all but assumed Fraley in RF. The 4th OF and hoping Bishop becomes the utility 4th OF. Kelenic will be the opening day CF and leaves it up to Bishop and Fraley for one year because in 2022 Julio Rodriguez will be on the opening RF.

Next year’s OF is Lewis in LF, Kelenic in CF and Fraley and Bishop fight it out for right and one of those team have to shown enough offensively that they can be a DH in 2022.

Vogelbach is out of options and the way he's been taking up space (literally- he's packed on a few more pounds I think) I say DFA him and make room for either Fraley OR Bishop to get some exposure to the bigs pitching anyway. They are the future, not Vogelbach.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogelbach is out of options and the way he's been taking up space (literally- he's packed on a few more pounds I think) I say DFA him and make room for either Fraley OR Bishop to get some exposure to the bigs pitching anyway. They are the future, not Vogelbach.

Solid idea if Murphy was hurt. And is Marmo still on the team? I heard he made his way to Tacoma. But ya, IMO, releasing Vogelbach would really help the overall team because Fraley is flat out better and Moore or Lopes could take turns being RF/LF/DH/ and backup 1B and 3B. Not sure the dynamic if Murphy comes back.

Circumstances have changed but I would loved to have seen Lewis LF, Kelenic doing his thing in CF and Haniger in a shit or get off the pot year in RF. I think Lopes and Moore both had the ability to play multiple positions just so far they have shown they are back words of Willie Bloomquist. Wille was such a good fielder they’d find a spot for regularly. Those two they could regularly find a spot with them because of their bats and an offense full of lefties. IMO opinion a great playoff push offense just missing one piece and that is when Julio is ready. Obviously not getting my Fraley fix for the year nor are we learning anything about Haniger. But next is pitching. Marco looks like a solid three, Dunn a potential solid three. Then we have a bunch of really talented but unknown guys in Tacoma right now. If they can hit on 2 guys this team is look to kick the door down in 2022 right when Jerry and Scott will be do for an extension (which means win now mode) so they can sell whatever they and fill in the pieces, mostly relievers 3B, 2B or whatever is weak at that time.