• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Let The Games Begin.....

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does this team play early games during the week but late games on the weekends? I missed the game today.
I don't even wanna think about how many losses Servais has directly caused with his poor management and bad decision making. An MLB organization concerned about winning would have canned him several years ago.
That play last week when Lewis was pushed off of third. servais didn't challenge it but when they got back from the commercial break they interviewed him and he said he was talking to the UMP between innings because he thought Lewis was pushed. But he didn't challenge it and that killed a rally in its tracks and it felt like he wasted a chance to bust the game open.

Last edited:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are stuck with Servais as long as ownership keeps Dipoto as the GM. The so called "rebuild" is just another one of ownership's way to keep fans (the ones who are left) filling their pockets. Dipoto hired Servais and keeps him on the books. That should tell us all just how sharp Dipoto really is. Jerry had his issues with the Angels and Seattle hired him giving him the chance to bring along his "yes" man (previous head scout with NO mgr. experience) to be his manager. Servais is NOT manager material and Jerry just doesn't get it.....and the OTJ training hasn't worked. The "rebuild" just buys Jerry and ownership more time to suck the life (and money) out of the remaining M's fans. Baseball seasons continue to come and go and the M's keep setting a new record year after year for a pro sports team that never makes it. Seattle Mariner fans deserve better!!!....an ownership group that is willing to invest the money and commitment to hire the professionals who will make it happen.

Either way I think this whole rebuild projects get a pass this year since its only a 60 game season and the minors aren't even playing real games. Likely hood is this going to come down to 2023 and they have to be pushing for a playoff spot before ownerships makes a move on Jerry or Scott

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way I think this whole rebuild projects get a pass this year since its only a 60 game season and the minors aren't even playing real games. Likely hood is this going to come down to 2023 and they have to be pushing for a playoff spot before ownerships makes a move on Jerry or Scott

I agree with your 2023 projection. (I'm mainly venting cuz I'm so tired of seeing the SOS year in and year out). THB, I think Jerry has made some positive moves for building the M's toward a a possible playoff team. I am just frustrated primarily with Servais and his lack of management skills/strengths/abilities. This 60 game season is basically getting a look at and development of the young potential talent. If we have a full 2021 season and we don't see a decent team coming together, I'd hope ownership would make some moves. If not, then, to me, it's a lost cause once again IMO. Pretty much that same old story.....there is always "next year". :clap:

PS: I watch managers of solid teams and then observe Servais, after his time with the M's, and it just sucks. He just doesn't appear to have grown as a manager - I have no doubt that he is a nice guy, but he is NOT a competent MLB manager is all that I'm saying.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your 2023 projection. (I'm mainly venting cuz I'm so tired of seeing the SOS year in and year out). THB, I think Jerry has made some positive moves for building the M's toward a a possible playoff team. I am just frustrated primarily with Servais and his lack of management skills/strengths/abilities. This 60 game season is basically getting a look at and development of the young potential talent. If we have a full 2021 season and we don't see a decent team coming together, I'd hope ownership would make some moves. If not, then, to me, it's a lost cause once again IMO. Pretty much that same old story.....there is always "next year". :clap:

PS: I watch managers of solid teams and then observe Servais, after his time with the M's, and it just sucks. He just doesn't appear to have grown as a manager - I have no doubt that he is a nice guy, but he is NOT a competent MLB manager is all that I'm saying.

Oh I 100% agree about Servais. I thought he was out of his depths with a veteran roster and the other night when he pulled Sheff I thought that was just flat out stupid.

As for the handling of the younger guys , Lewis, Crawford, and Moore have shown they have grown. I think with White his bat will come around, he's already showing signs with the way he's fouling pitches and the hard shots ( outs but) I think with him he's been pressing a little bit which is common when you give a young guy a big contract right out of the gate.
Shed Long I'm still in limbo about, I want to see a little more out of his defense and if he can stay around the .265-.275 average I think he can stick.
Seagar gets a new deal, I don't think they will move on from him since he has performed for 10 years here of course it all depends on wanting to finish his career here.

I think Kelenic, and JRod are going to be in a hold pattern until they can move Hangier or reup on his contract.
Im very curious to see what miss steps were taken in his surgeries and his rehab. Its been way to long and they could very easily use his bat in the lineup now to see what they want to do with him.

As much as everyone wants them to suck for the top pick for next summer well careful what you wish for cause next years draft is going to be a serious crap shoot. Depending on what the NC2A decides on fifth year options a kid could go into the draft and option out back to college if he doesn't like the team picking him. Plus with no Cape League this summer guys that up their draft stock in that league don't have that this summer .

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pitching has been so atrocious it makes the games hard to watch.

As excited as I am about watching some of the younger guys, it's hard to convince myself to continue watching when we're down 5+ runs.

I've seen a couple positive things for Sheffield and Dunn in their last start. Im still not crazy about the former but this is the time to find out. W/Ls and pitching lines might not necessarily tell the whole story

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost afraid to say this, but I like how Kikuchi is handling the Rockies. He is changing things up with his speed and keeping Colorado guessing what he's gonna toss to them. :thumb:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost afraid to say this, but I like how Kikuchi is handling the Rockies. He is changing things up with his speed and keeping Colorado guessing what he's gonna toss to them. :thumb:

Lol and there you go

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Jerry insinuated if they aren’t competitive by 2021 he wasn’t doing his job. 2020 was a pass year regardless of Covid, since over half the team has no future/isn’t suppose to on the 2021 team.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dipoto was hired in 2015. He gets a special break every year. It's always next year but it never happens.

Don't worry though, playing shitty this time will let him draft the guy who's going to put us over the top next year! It's not like every other year.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dynamic duo (D&S) got a break this season with the Covid stuff. That gives them another year to con ownership about "it's coming" next season and then ownership can keep milking the fans for the bucks. At $35 per cardboard, they're at least getting money that way. I wonder how much Federal money Baseball ownership is getting due to the virus? Maybe they're getting more because of the virus than they would in a "normal" season :pound: :suds:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dynamic duo (D&S) got a break this season with the Covid stuff. That gives them another year to con ownership about "it's coming" next season and then ownership can keep milking the fans for the bucks. At $35 per cardboard, they're at least getting money that way. I wonder how much Federal money Baseball ownership is getting due to the virus? Maybe they're getting more because of the virus than they would in a "normal" season :pound: :suds:

I think it depends on the record and how the young guys have developed. If they have a piss poor record and guys haven't improved, than I could see at least servais fired.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they certainly decided to quit tonight. One goddamn hit?! Against COLORADO?!

Yep, they certainly won't be trying anymore for the rest of this season.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well put this oldie up and be done with it.

Might jinx things with it, but I seriously doubt it...

MGMarinerMooseSWEEPSWEEPSWEEP.png

srf1957

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't even git rid of piggyback . Stuck with Dip for the next 5 years .

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all those old (and young) Bonanza fans, Vogelbach reminds me of Hoss Cartwright. :pound:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the probs Scotty has is pulling his thumb out of his.........before finally getting off his......and making a pitching change. He is determined to lose this game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL You must have missed a few of my posts.....I have clearly stated my thoughts about Scotty and his lack of abilities to handle the pitching staff and yes, I agree with you the way he's handling the managing of this team definitely does not give the right message to the rest of the team.

I did probably miss it. It has just been something on my mind since he has appeared so apathetic regarding how the team has performed.

It almost makes me wonder if the front office is encouraging them to tank and Servais is just following ordered.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheffield I don’t have any faith in as a starter but Dunn I definitely won’t give up on. I am bias but of him though in the Futures game last year when they were all raving about him. I wasn’t overall impressed but every person there was so he has to have untapped talent. Now whether we have the right people in place to bring that out is another question.

I hope you're right on Dunn because this organization doesn't really seem to offer much when it comes to starters or even the bullpen for that matter.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have made mention of him some time ago, regarding how he didn't want to give his starters so many innings to start with, hinting due to health concerns.

I smelled bullshit somewhere in that article, because he was pretty much misguiding the pitchers well before this season started.

Had it been any other team in the league, they would instantly take him aside and ask him what the hell he's thinking, if they don't toss him out on his ass first.

But, this is Mariner management, where no matter who's in the front office, performance means SQUAT.

His mismanagement of games aside, based on every interview and everything I've seen of him, he just doesn't strike me as a leader or someone who can inspire people.

He strikes me as a guy who knows he will be out of a job sooner rather than later and has resigned to that fact.