• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let the fun begin, CA Gov signs college athlete likeness pay bill

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have countered everything you spewed and all you call it is speculation.

As I stated, you are pretending to be stupid. Which fits you perfectly.

Again, you haven't countered anything. You're dumb enough to think you have though.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you haven't countered anything. You're dumb enough to think you have though.

Are you really this stupid? You are trying to argue this won’t turn into pay for play. I’m arguing and proving how common sense says it will.

The only thing that hasn’t been proven is that you have balls.

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you have antitrust lawsuits.

So, if they want to be in a sport that is governed by the NCAA they have to operate within its rules. California lawmakers can pass whatever dubious laws they wish. It doesn't mean the rest of the country has to follow them.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if they want to be in a sport that is governed by the NCAA they have to operate within its rules. California lawmakers can pass whatever dubious laws they wish. It doesn't mean the rest of the country has to follow them.
Hey, if you want to be in a place run by a mafia, you have follow the mafia rules. Lol.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we give California back to Mexico?
California is pretty nice, and full of natural resources. Some of the national parks out there are awesome. I also happen to think it's a good thing that kids are able to make money on their own likeness. Allowing a kid to sign a deal with a shoe company because he's good at football, harms nothing.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California is pretty nice, and full of natural resources. Some of the national parks out there are awesome. I also happen to think it's a good thing that kids are able to make money on their own likeness. Allowing a kid to sign a deal with a shoe company because he's good at football, harms nothing.
California is a shithole run by America hating cvnts. We're talking about a shit fvck state that puts the rights of illegals over it's legal citizens, feeds its sheep of a population recycled turd water, is fighting a typhus flea infected rat infestation in its largest city, its second largest city pays millions a year to have human feces and syringes cleaned off its sidewalks, a state were rolling electrical blackouts are starting to become the norm because said shit state is having power shortages ... I can go on and on and on.

If you think California's America hating politicians are pulling this shit to benefit college athletes then I have a bridge to sell you. Those cvnts don't do shit unless they think it's going to fvck over this country and they did it good this time seeing how REAL AMERICANS want college football .. not a fvcking semi pro league aka XFL 2.0.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have the likes of Lebron James and Richard Sherman endorsing this shit bill then that right there should tell you something.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California is a shithole run by America hating cvnts. We're talking about a shit fvck state that puts the rights of illegals over it's legal citizens, feeds its sheep of a population recycled turd water, is fighting a typhus flea infected rat infestation in its largest city, its second largest city pays millions a year to have human feces and syringes cleaned off its sidewalks, a state were rolling electrical blackouts are starting to become the norm because said shit state is having power shortages ... I can go on and on and on.

If you think California's America hating politicians are pulling this shit to benefit college athletes then I have a bridge to sell you. Those cvnts don't do shit unless they think it's going to fvck over this country and they did it good this time seeing how REAL AMERICANS want college football .. not a fvcking semi pro league aka XFL 2.0.
There's bad parts. That comes with any highly populated area. But this law allows college athletes to profit off themselves, like any other student can do. That's great. And selfishly, maybe we can get EA NCAA Football back.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's bad parts. That comes with any highly populated area. But this law allows college athletes to profit off themselves, like any other student can do. That's great. And selfishly, maybe we can get EA NCAA Football back.
It's not great ... it's going to make the rich richer and the poor poorer. Boosters are going to have a heyday with this.

And btw tell me what other US state suffers from typhus infested rats while serving their population recycled turd water.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double post

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not great ... it's going to make the rich richer and the poor poorer. Boosters are going to have a heyday with this.

And btw tell me what other US state suffers from typhus infested rats while serving their population recycled turd water.
College kids are going to get richer, and it's possible other entities profit off college kids some more while giving them a cut. That's fine with me. I don't think it ruins the sport, if anything it cleans it up a bit. That stuff is happening behind the scenes anyway.

Also, the national parks in CA are awesome.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if you want to be in a place run by a mafia, you have follow the mafia rules. Lol.

muh mafia!
muh indentured servants!

Your hyperbole is amusing.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you seriously think you're going to compete with the likes of Oregon if this shit becomes the norm? It's like some of you have about zero clue how the real world works.

1. Nike
1. Nike
World's leading athletic apparel maker has increased its revenue to $24 billion

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College kids are going to get richer, and it's possible other entities profit off college kids some more while giving them a cut. That's fine with me. I don't think it ruins the sport, if anything it cleans it up a bit. That stuff is happening behind the scenes anyway.

Also, the national parks in CA are awesome.
Those recruits that are worth a shit are going to flock to schools were they can make the most money.

and btw how many people do you know that live inside a national park.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those recruits that are worth a shit are going to flock to schools were they can make the most money.

and btw how many people do you know that live inside a national park.
Isn't that already the case? More importantly, kids tend to flock to schools that can get them into the NFL as well. Or provide them with the most benefits (large elaborate, hundreds of thousands of dollars, facilities). The schools with the most money already tend to recruit the best. I don't think that changes. Look at most profitable schools and compare it to recruiting rankings.

You can't live in a national park, but you can live by them. You can also stay at a bunch of those parks in CA and it's awesome. CA has a shit ton of land outside of what most people associate with CA (La/san fran).

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that already the case? More importantly, kids tend to flock to schools that can get them into the NFL as well. Or provide them with the most benefits (large elaborate, hundreds of thousands of dollars, facilities). The schools with the most money already tend to recruit the best. I don't think that changes. Look at most profitable schools and compare it to recruiting rankings.

You can't live in a national park, but you can live by them. You can also stay at a bunch of those parks in CA and it's awesome. CA has a shit ton of land outside of what most people associate with CA (La/san fran).

I differentiate between any geographic entity and it’s government. Cali has a lot of great stuff, and some batshit crazy people making laws. This law actually isn’t one of the dumber ones.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to understand how much more dominant the top teams can be...hell let's look at just UK/Duke in recruiting in hoops

2015 7 of the top 15
2016 8 of the top 17
2017 8 of the top 15
2018 7 of the top 17

And then....oh shoe scandal hits

2019 4 of the top 24

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The law absolutely allows it. It allows boosters and alums to promise shit to recruits they want and then over pay them for it. Then hide behind the facade of their “likeness”.

I’m certainly not going to argue shady shit doesn’t happen now. But this law is going to make it legal and 10 times worse.
You're ignoring the fact that billions are now made off these athletes and the same deal they had since before the leather helmet days doesn't fly anymore. Just like the days companies had interns work a bunch of hours a week for nothing with the but they are learning the business excuse has gone out the window. Now they laws have changed where the intern has to be getting more from the deal than the company.
Yes there are going to be unintended consequences and people who try to skirt the system but you can't keep the same antiquated system going.
It's funny how the horror to some is that some players might get extra money. To me the horror is colleges and the NCAA ignoring that some players are/were getting sham educations for the sake of fielding a good team.

Last edited: