• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let the fun begin, CA Gov signs college athlete likeness pay bill

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analysis ... to kind of add to your thoughts, those who keep saying there is all this money out there at the universities (not talking the ad money), it isn't like greedy admins are sitting around counting their money and maniacally laughing out loud, planning their next vacation, or buying their third house. In fact, most of the money made off athletics goes right back into the student athletes. It's what pays the valuable scholarships they get. It's the money, along with donations, that pay for their unreal facilities, their training facilities including food that any other student would love to eat. It pays for non-revenue sports. And, so on. The idea that there is some grubby billionaires making bank off the backs of the players is ridiculous. Most of the money raised goes to the athletes, directly and indirectly.

I see the same thing said about the NCAA making a billion dollars. Well, here is where the billion dollars goes: Where Does the Money Go?
Again, it goes to the student athletes who then complain they get nothing while the NCAA makes a billion.

Want to see a really interesting thing, note in the link above where the NCAA's money comes from. Had no idea ... blew my mind ... I know, small explosion, but blew it nonetheless.

In LSU's case, the football program pays for itself and the other non revenue generating sports AND supports non athletic, educational programs for the university.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. You do realize it will be coming directly from the donors that fund the universities. Cutting out the middle man is all that is happening. I mean gonna have to I9 some of these guys for the tax benefit, but they will figure that out. If this is allowed you are going to have 16 year olds with agents weighing who is willing to pay more wash a few cars.

Why would it have to come from donors? There's got to be plenty of businesses that would benefit from player endorsements that don't currently donate to BSU.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're stupid, you'll dispute what I said.

Your disputing it won’t be pay to play all the while boosters will be paying athletes (football and basketball) to have autograph sessions and fake jobs. Many of which will be promises to recruits to get them to play at a certain school.

In other words, YOU are pretending to be stupid.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your disputing it won’t be pay to play all the while boosters will be paying athletes (football and basketball) to have autograph sessions and fake jobs. Many of which will be promises to recruits to get them to play at a certain school.

In other words, YOU are pretending to be stupid.

If nothing of value is received for the athlete's services, then it would not be in accordance with the law.

I don't think you are pretending to be stupid, I think your redneck backwoods Pennsylvania hide actually is this dumb.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing of value is received for the athlete's services, then it would not be in accordance with the law.

I don't think you are pretending to be stupid, I think your redneck backwoods Pennsylvania hide actually is this dumb.

You think these alums and boosters won’t have the proof already cooked up? You think it’ll be actually hard for them to get this kid to show up for an autograph session? An then to prove it?

Yeah, YOU are being deliberately STUPID because you know you have no comeback from the facts I’m dropping on you. No matter where your bandwagon hide is talking out it’s ass from.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think these alums and boosters won’t have the proof already cooked up? You think it’ll be actually hard for them to get this kid to show up for an autograph session? An then to prove it?

Yeah, YOU are being deliberately STUPID because you know you have no comeback from the facts I’m dropping on you. No matter where your bandwagon hide is talking out it’s ass from.

You haven't dropped any "facts", only speculation. You should look up "fact" in a dictionary before you embarrass yourself further.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't dropped any "facts", only speculation. You should look up "fact" in a dictionary before you embarrass yourself further.

Speculation, just like you are doing?

The only one embarrassing themselves is the jackass that is trying to saying paying collegiate athletes for their likeness isn’t going to result in a pay for play.

As I said before, you can pretend to be stupid. I’m just going to call you out for it.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation, just like you are doing?

The only one embarrassing themselves is the jackass that is trying to saying paying collegiate athletes for their likeness isn’t going to result in a pay for play.

As I said before, you can pretend to be stupid. I’m just going to call you out for it.

Which part of what I posted was speculation?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That this law won’t be taken advantage of. That is the whole reason you are arguing it on this. Even though you know damn well it will.

I'm not saying people won't do stupid shit...I'm saying that the law doesn't allow for it.

Even without this law, there's plenty of shady stuff going on.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying people won't do stupid shit...I'm saying that the law doesn't allow for it.

Even without this law, there's plenty of shady stuff going on.

The law absolutely allows it. It allows boosters and alums to promise shit to recruits they want and then over pay them for it. Then hide behind the facade of their “likeness”.

I’m certainly not going to argue shady shit doesn’t happen now. But this law is going to make it legal and 10 times worse.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The law absolutely allows it. It allows boosters and alums to promise shit to recruits they want and then over pay them for it. Then hide behind the facade of their “likeness”.

I’m certainly not going to argue shady shit doesn’t happen now. But this law is going to make it legal and 10 times worse.

Possibly, but again you're speculating.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sense isn't something you possess, common or otherwise.

I have more than proved it in this thread. You are resorting to cheap jabs because any point you make I can counter on this topic.

In other words, YOU WRONG

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higher education is for learning not earning. If you want to earn money while attending school get a job. Whats next? non students being drafted onto teams?
Athletes on scholly can't have a job.

Kids on academic schollys can.

This was overdue imo.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have more than proved it in this thread. You are resorting to cheap jabs because any point you make I can counter on this topic.

In other words, YOU WRONG

You haven't countered anything. You're too stupid to have a coherent thought.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't countered anything. You're too stupid to have a coherent thought.

I have countered everything you spewed and all you call it is speculation.

As I stated, you are pretending to be stupid. Which fits you perfectly.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who believes this won't be worked by boosters is a naive fool and should be laughed at.