• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lester gets first loss, Yanks win in 10, Gronks arm is infection free.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning a divisional title in baseball is far more difficult than it is in football.

Lots of negative things can and do happen over a daily 162 game schedule...especially compared to a weekly 16 game schedule.

Is it more difficult than making conference championships and super bowls and winning them more than you lose them?

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm comparing standards of success...

And my thoughts that Cashman is awful have nothing to do with Brady. That only came up when I was told that "all he does is succeed"

I thought success was championships?

How is he succeeding if he's not building champions?

because gm's and qb's have different jobs....I'm not sure why this needs to be explained to you

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz, ya know... The Patriots aren't a perennial 10 win division title and one and done in the playoffs group.

They've made 7 Conference championships in 12 years with Brady.. Won five of them... and went on to win three rings.

Somehow... This equates to "the most overrated athlete of all time"

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Chelsey...she'll be waiting forever

th

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tex, jeter, and Arod would all be upgrades over what they're replacing...and granderson if he replaces ichiro

their record would most likely be at least a little better...and the back end of their bullpen would likely be a lot more rested

Again....on paper it all makes sense. But then you have to play the games.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snoogins,

The difference between Rock and Down with that argument is quite simple. Rock's not going to sit there and say "oh I never said that".

No, he's going to make up an absurd bullshit excuse every time.

I don't care if you defend him because you like him or if you attack me because you don't like me..

I'm just curious why... In the face of this being proven time and time again that he is TOTALLY full of shit and more guilty of dipping into someone else's personal life than ANYONE here... And will tell the most unbelievably lame lies to try and wiggle out of it..

and yet... you don't remotely go after him the way you go after me.

And a lot of people have claimed that the reason they have always gone after me... is precisely the shit that Rock pulls constantly around here...

I'm just trying to figure out why.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...who else was a genius and picked up Patrick Corbin early in the season? Having him and Matt Moore has rescued me from the ill-fated picks of Jered Weaver and Matt Cain.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snoogins,

The difference between Rock and Down with that argument is quite simple. Rock's not going to sit there and say "oh I never said that".

Rock,

You agreed with Down about Pedroia being "light years better" than Cano defensively. You remember that thread right? Remember who posted the fan graphs link?

yeah, i remember that and recall agreeing with that...that pedroia, at the time, was lightyears better defensively

then we got into everyone being 'light years better' than someone else

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm comparing standards of success...

And my thoughts that Cashman is awful have nothing to do with Brady. That only came up when I was told that "all he does is succeed"

I thought success was championships?

How is he succeeding if he's not building champions?

Cashman is basically John Schuerholz, or however you spell it. The Yankees under his watch are the Atlanta Braves North. Playoffs every year, only one title that can honestly be called his.

The 96-2000 teams were built by Stick Michael and Bob Watson. Cashman inherited a gravy train.

Thought we covered this yesterday.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey retard, you're comparing an nfl qb to a gm...you're bashing an MLB gm in an effort to glorify tom brady....that's insane

he's doing nothing of the sort....

he's bashing a GM, and he's illustrating how the defense being provided is contradictory to comments, similar contextually, made in the past by the same person....

Kind of like how when I was "humping" uzr, I was actually applying you're logic from the past, to present day scenario's, while watching you flop around mindlessly trying to deflect from them....

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont dislike you. So leave me out of that "Ohhh everyone is jumping on Snoogins" routine for someone else.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because gm's and qb's have different jobs....I'm not sure why this needs to be explained to you

So Brian Cashman's job is not to build champions...

word..

Yankee fans... GOTTA love 'em...

Excuse me for a minute while I go and pull out 5,622,333,982,104 different links of George Steinbrennar saying that the only goal for the Yankees every single year is to win the title...

Give me a sec... this will be a minute...

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2