• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lester gets first loss, Yanks win in 10, Gronks arm is infection free.

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Pedroia is the "gold standard" for hitting doubles that would be routine fly balls in major league stadiums.

Slugging .512 at home, .370 on the road

In other words, no surprise. nyy1 right again

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
proof I "humped UZR for the better part of 2 weeks" or leave the boards forever?

Of course not...this is where you throw a bet back in my face and then pretend like I'm deflecting from your bet....

lol...I was wrong on the when...chappee did it two weeks ago...and I mocked him for doing the same thing you had done just a couple of weeks before...at cbs....which is why you're lying about it now...because you know the posts are gone

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've used them when all of the metrics agree on a player...if 4 different defensive metrics agree that brett gardner is the best LF in the game, I'm going to say that...I've never used one, ignored the others, and humped that...like he and chappee did with UZR 2 weeks ago

Which is fine.

If they all agree, there might be some merit to a claim.

I'm just not a fan of defensive metrics at all. I don't think it's something that can be accurately measured like hitting can to a very large degree.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"doubles of the green monstah 310 feet away are always going to be home runs in others parks and he LF will have no shot at catching it."

"Line drives that hit the top of 30 foot wall 350 feet away have no chance of getting out of ball park 360 feet to straight away left"

The wall might be 310 down the line...but rarely does he hit a ball there...it's usually to straight away left to left center...which probably ranges from about 330 feet, to 379 feet at the end of the wall...

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh down r*pe humped UZR when Pedroia was "light years betters defensively" than Cano. He was also nice enough to post the link from fan graphs. Don't think I forgot that little snippit.

and the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shall set you free!!!!

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody did.

Surprise! He was a yet to be named Red Sox fan, who claimed that Pedroia is the "gold standard" for 2B defense

LOL not shocking

Its amazing how easily you can tell who watches the games and who doesnt. And who are the stat humpers

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember getting grilled on here years ago for talking about how good Ellsbury looked in CF with the "ol' eyeball test" and then having UZR forced down my throat as the reason my eyeballs were wrong. I don't love defensive rankings, but they exist for a reason. They aren't total bullshit. The best defensive players should be near the top...and that's the point.

Never by me my man

I'm an old school watch the fucking game guy

Fuck these metrics

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...I was wrong on the when...chappee did it two weeks ago...and I mocked him for doing the same thing you had done just a couple of weeks before...at cbs....which is why you're lying about it now...because you know the posts are gone

You just admitted that what you said about me was untrue....and I'm lying?

now that's just some sheer fucking brilliance right there.....

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh....I see. I never considered Pedroia the gold standard, so i missed that part.

Where is Magic Glove Cano in UZR anyway?

Down did...and as ox just agreed, he used UZR to tell us how much better pedroia was than cano...So, if "gold standard" is the 6th best fielder at his position....

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you go by UZR, Brian Dozier and Matt Carpenter are.

I dont really know much about Dozier

And with all due respect to Cowboy because I really dont wanna argue. Ive seen Carpenter play quite a bit and Im not impressed with his fielding much at all

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at Pedroia's slugging on the road, there's no way balls are going out in "29 other stadiums" Pedroia is a smaller version of Derek Jeter with less gift baskets.

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is fine.

If they all agree, there might be some merit to a claim.

I'm just not a fan of defensive metrics at all. I don't think it's something that can be accurately measured like hitting can to a very large degree.

agreed

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
URL image info appears slowly sometimes on the cloud im on. i have to close and reopen it a few times, so saving works faster. i do the same with things like this:
View attachment 5164

And yet...

I just quickly went through the first few pages of the past sevearl threads you have created... the ones you have littered with pics as you always try and get the threads going.

And you didn't.....do.....it....once....

Not one single time... Other than when you saved MY pic...

You... are a fucking... psycho... liar...

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just admitted that what you said about me was untrue....and I'm lying?

now that's just some sheer fucking brilliance right there.....

No, I admitted that I was mistaken on the when...and ox just proved you a liar....

keep giving us prime examples of why red sox fans eat each other