• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leshoure gets a clean slate

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not a LeShoure fan. Sorry. I dont think his problem was burst. I think it was the fact that he fell forward running through the line. When he got a good hole, he would stumble and slow down because he was already falling forward before contact. I didnt like the draft pick and he never gave me a reason to change my mind.

plus, even if he "gets his burst back", I dont think it will give the Lions a good run game on short yardage. Yes we have a bigger line now. Yes they can pop some holes on downs 1 & 2 or 3rd and long. But the reason we cant run on short yardage, and why so many teams stopped trying as well, is because for a major part, the NFL has gone away from the true FB. They use Hybrid FBs now or no FB in our case. Nobody who can knock a big LB out of the way and clear the hole. The teams that do use the true FB can still run on 3rd and short.

The only way I would want to keep LeShoure is if they turned him into a FB to clear holes as well as carry the ball occasionally.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not a LeShoure fan. Sorry. I dont think his problem was burst. I think it was the fact that he fell forward running through the line. When he got a good hole, he would stumble and slow down because he was already falling forward before contact. I didnt like the draft pick and he never gave me a reason to change my mind.

plus, even if he "gets his burst back", I dont think it will give the Lions a good run game on short yardage. Yes we have a bigger line now. Yes they can pop some holes on downs 1 & 2 or 3rd and long. But the reason we cant run on short yardage, and why so many teams stopped trying as well, is because for a major part, the NFL has gone away from the true FB. They use Hybrid FBs now or no FB in our case. Nobody who can knock a big LB out of the way and clear the hole. The teams that do use the true FB can still run on 3rd and short.

The only way I would want to keep LeShoure is if they turned him into a FB to clear holes as well as carry the ball occasionally.

Wow, back for a few days and already back on the "bitching about us not having a FB" train. Awesome.

Trust me man, we ALL get that you think that FB is the single most important position in the history of organized sports and that we should forgo traditional positions and just have 53 goddamn fullbacks on the roster. You don't have to keep beating dead horse, and besides, bitching to us won't magically convince Mayhew to sign one. He's not a member of this board, nor does he value any of our opinions.

You just might get your wish though, with a new coaching staff and all. The old offense didn't use FB, but maybe the new one will, you never know.

That being said, next time you make an unsolicited rant about us not winning every Super Bowl for the last 10 years simply because we didn't have a FB, we're going to change the banner to all bikini babes, change our avatars to girls in thongs, and post pictures of swimsuit models in every single thread as punishment!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man- that sounds pretty harsh now that I re-read it... it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Don't get me wrong, I was making fun of you, but it was in the "laughing with you" sense, not the "laughing at you" kind...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we don't bring in a FB we have options in Michael Williams, Montell Owens, and Dorin Dickerson.

I'm definitely more of a fan of the H-back than a pure FB, simply because they fill the role of an in-line TE and a FB...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the lions have a solid running game when they had a fullback? I dont think so. Running back is a difficult position because 95 percent of running backs have to rely on their offensive line to block well to create big enoug openings for them. Then theres 5 percent like barry sanders who was so talented that he was able to create his own space without blockers. In this NFL there is no sanders. There are many good running backs who will excel with a good offensive line. The lions have made strides with their run blocking and in turn the lioms running game has gotten better. Its still not where it needs to be though. My point is, good run blocking equals good runnng game. Good running back does not necessarily equate to that. A great run blocking fullback could be an advantage, but only if his teammates are also able to run block.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, back for a few days and already back on the "bitching about us not having a FB" train. Awesome.

Trust me man, we ALL get that you think that FB is the single most important position in the history of organized sports and that we should forgo traditional positions and just have 53 goddamn fullbacks on the roster. You don't have to keep beating dead horse, and besides, bitching to us won't magically convince Mayhew to sign one. He's not a member of this board, nor does he value any of our opinions.

You just might get your wish though, with a new coaching staff and all. The old offense didn't use FB, but maybe the new one will, you never know.

That being said, next time you make an unsolicited rant about us not winning every Super Bowl for the last 10 years simply because we didn't have a FB, we're going to change the banner to all bikini babes, change our avatars to girls in thongs, and post pictures of swimsuit models in every single thread as punishment!

You might turn ester straight if you do that. Probably not, but who knows. Maybe we need scantily clad NFL fullbacks in man thongs to get his engines churning.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also thought it was much better. Theres clearly room for improvement but that was year one with a completely new offensive line and it was an impressive first year. Next year should be even better, great olines make most running backs just like brady, brees, p. manning and rodgers improve the fuck out of their receivers and tight ends.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also thought it was much better. Theres clearly room for improvement but that was year one with a completely new offensive line and it was an impressive first year. Next year should be even better, great olines make most running backs just like brady, brees, p. manning and rodgers improve the fuck out of their receivers and tight ends.

I agree that there's still room for the running game to grow. The o-line should continue to improve, and Bush should (in theory) be a bit better in his second year behind his new o-line as well...