• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leroy Hill arrested again for marijuana possession

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why are you griping? Getting arrested is fun!

raidersrolandomcclain.jpg

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's a year suspension, no? Moron. I agree that pot possession is about as BS an arrest as there is these days, but the league still takes it seriously and will suspend guys for violating.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
1 year? Has he been suspended for it before?

Nice to see bad things happen to the Seagulls. :)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1 year? Has he been suspended for it before?

Nice to see bad things happen to the Seagulls. :)

Suspended for the first game in '10 for being in violation of the drug policy and then suspended two game checks later in the year for being in violation of the league's personal conduct policy for a domestic abuse charge.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a year suspension, no? Moron. I agree that pot possession is about as BS an arrest as there is these days, but the league still takes it seriously and will suspend guys for violating.

+1

All NFL players should know this. If playing in the NFL isn't a reason to quit pot, then i don't know what is.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busting someone for smoking marijuana? Really? What a waste of everyone's time and money.

Welcome To The United States of America!

+1 ... All NFL players should know this. If playing in the NFL isn't a reason to quit pot, then i don't know what is.

It must be the offseason.

I loosely think of marijuana like I do illegal immigration. I think that marijuana isn't what people make it out to be, not truly a victimless crime per se nor a gateway drug per se. There's more to it than those two arguments. I would be ok if they pulled back or rid the law as it might scale back the drug wars (or some drug may take its void).

I think that it should be easier to legally immigrate to the US, as I've seen the difficulty there is (not personally). But like marijuana, it's currently illegal to do it otherwise, so people should either change the law or recognize that it's often wrong to violate it. That's how laws are supposed to be. There are exceptions, of course, and the way people are treated should always be dignified, but people need to recognize it's not always innocent immigrants or criminal immigrants. Just like marijuana is not great nor that terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loosely think of marijuana like I do illegal immigration. I think that marijuana isn't what people make it out to be, not truly a victimless crime per se nor a gateway drug per se. There's more to it than those two arguments. I would be ok if they pulled back or rid the law as it might scale back the drug wars (or some drug may take its void).

I think that it should be easier to legally immigrate to the US, as I've seen the difficulty there is (not personally). But like marijuana, it's currently illegal to do it otherwise, so people should either change the law or recognize that it's often wrong to violate it. That's how laws are supposed to be. There are exceptions, of course, and the way people are treated should always be dignified, but people need to recognize it's not always innocent immigrants or criminal immigrants. Just like marijuana is not great nor that terrible.

Absolutely agree.

It took my mom 10 years to legally gain citizenship. That's too long.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well...my opinion is pot should be legal, but it's not. If you know you have the opportunity to play in the NFL and potentially make millions of dollars than you have to put that shit aside.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree.

Congrats to your mom, she's a great example. I commend her for doing the right thing, even though it's too arduous a process. 10 years?

Seriously, people wonder why there's such an illegal immigration problem here? 10 years is a long time. And it's not just 10 years of living in your dream country. It's ten years worrying about whether they're going to change the rules or kick you out of your dream country. It's thousands of dollars. Even the citizens by marriage have to spend a lot, though they can get it in 3 years. While I will always support legally immigrating, I can understand those who can't. (Those who abuse the system, which are few, I have no sympathy, no matter how much they want to come.)

I would think a reasonable background check (this would require those who are so liberal that they think any background check is invasive to accept), some form or proof of subsistence (or sponsor, as our system couldn't sustain it if merely wanting to be here was enough), and no more than 5 years for non-marriage immigrants (but would support shorter, but not < 3 years - if you can't stand three years here, it might be a problem.). If it were for only one group, I think 3 years for those married to citizens makes more practical sense than 3 years for everyone. I think overall it'd be more reliable of support, as some would have concerns of the few that might work until the receive it (though it's a dumb paranoia of abuse)? Until there's equality for all (employment), the numbers probably show that citizens can keep their spouses off welfare the best.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The league I can understand but why are the police even bothering a guy smoking dope in his own home?

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Absolutely agree.

For my mother in law it was ridiculously easy. She's been here sinc 1972 and can still barely speak English. So she goes down to the courthouse a couple of years ago to take her citizenship test and they allow you to take the test in your native language. Lo and behold they don't have anyone who can speak or understand Japanese there so the guy says to my wife "just read the question to here in Japanese and if she answers correctly let me know". My wife almost laughed out loud. She could have said anything to her mom, even "Mom, the answer to number one is C" and the guy wouldn't have known the difference. It was a joke.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my mother in law it was ridiculously easy. She's been here sinc 1972 and can still barely speak English. So she goes down to the courthouse a couple of years ago to take her citizenship test and they allow you to take the test in your native language. Lo and behold they don't have anyone who can speak or understand Japanese there so the guy says to my wife "just read the question to here in Japanese and if she answers correctly let me know". My wife almost laughed out loud. She could have said anything to her mom, even "Mom, the answer to number one is C" and the guy wouldn't have known the difference. It was a joke.

It's not about the test it's about the ridiculous process of filing all the paperwork and waiting for a reponse.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not about the test it's about the ridiculous process of filing all the paperwork and waiting for a reponse.

Perhaps it was simpler then. Back in '72 my father in law and 4 kids were only in Hawaii for about a month before they got their green cards and headed east to California. I believe they had a three-year waiting period before they could take their citizenship test. My mother in law waited so long because she was scared of the test.