• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBrons future?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Cavaliers do not win the title this year, what does LeBron do? Does he take a pay cut next year to get more All-Stars around him in Cleveland? Does he go to the Lakers? Does he go to someone elses team again? IE Wade type scenario?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think the Lakers top two targets this off season are Durant and James.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His future is shove is shlong entirely up your asshole and not just tease you with the tip.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably either the Globetrotters or the NFL. Jeez - great questions.:L

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These poor Cav fans haven't learned. They are just a pawn in King James quest.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These poor Cav fans haven't learned. They are just a pawn in King James quest.

You do understand that if LaBron were to bolt the Cavs for another team this offseason he would pretty much be despised by everyone except for the fans of his new team. The reaction to "The Decision" would be nothing compared to that backlash. He isn't going anywhere.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that if LaBron were to bolt the Cavs for another team this offseason he would pretty much be despised by everyone except for the fans of his new team. The reaction to "The Decision" would be nothing compared to that backlash. He isn't going anywhere.

Depends on what happens between now and July. If the Cavs show they can compete with Golden State, he will stay. Truthfully though, I am not sure he cares about the PR backlash. He will do what gives him the best chance to win titles.

The one option listed above that I can safely rule out is taking a pay cut in Cleveland. He would not have lobbied for Thompson getting that contract just to take less for himself. He wants Gilbert paying luxury tax.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta agree here... Media will follow it like crazy, all the stories, trying to hype it, but you'll see the good writers keep kinda quiet on it, and in the end he stays.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what happens between now and July. If the Cavs show they can compete with Golden State, he will stay. Truthfully though, I am not sure he cares about the PR backlash. He will do what gives him the best chance to win titles.

The one option listed above that I can safely rule out is taking a pay cut in Cleveland. He would not have lobbied for Thompson getting that contract just to take less for himself. He wants Gilbert paying luxury tax.

I truly believe that he cares. The guy is a media whore & I don't think that he could handle the bad PR that he encountered rt after signing w/ the Heat. I think that he wants to be liked. Beyond that - exactly where is he going to go & find a better situation? If he stays w/ the Cavs they are pretty much of a lock to at least go to the finals for a while. Where can he go in the West & find that situation & still make top dollar?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been one that believed that Lebron would stay and retire a Cav because he wouldn't want to deal with the resultant backlash. I still think he stays in Cleveland. But I'm starting to see where folks who think he could leave, might have a point.

The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure how much of a backlash there would actually be. Obviously Cavs fans would lose their shit. But outside of that...Lebron fans would still support him, they'd just buy new jerseys. The fans of the new team would support him.

Fans of other teams will boo him and make fun of him, but they already do that anyway. Media would be on fire, but at this point, there would likely be just as many defending him and blaming Gilbert as there are who would rip him.

It wouldn't really change his ranking among all-time greats because the discussion on him ever being GOAT is pretty much over anyway. He'll just be somewhere in line behind MJ, just like everyone else. He is also at a point where he's getting closer to the end of his career than the beginning and is focused on rings.

So, I can see where if he feels like he's not going to be able to get it done in Cleveland...he may just decide to move on to a place where he feels he can.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't really change his ranking among all-time greats because the discussion on him ever being GOAT is pretty much over anyway. He'll just be somewhere in line behind MJ, just like everyone else. He is also at a point where he's getting closer to the end of his career than the beginning and is focused on rings.

So, I can see where if he feels like he's not going to be able to get it done in Cleveland...he may just decide to move on to a place where he feels he can.

I think that's why he stays in Cleveland though. Like you say, he isn't going to be Jordan, especially not if he joins the Warriors or something like that for a few more rings. What is the greatest thing Lebron could realistically do with the rest of his career? Bring a ring to Cleveland?

So you have the best thing he can do, which just happens to be in the one place him and his wife and family really want to be.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been one that believed that Lebron would stay and retire a Cav because he wouldn't want to deal with the resultant backlash. I still think he stays in Cleveland. But I'm starting to see where folks who think he could leave, might have a point.

The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure how much of a backlash there would actually be. Obviously Cavs fans would lose their shit. But outside of that...Lebron fans would still support him, they'd just buy new jerseys. The fans of the new team would support him.

Fans of other teams will boo him and make fun of him, but they already do that anyway. Media would be on fire, but at this point, there would likely be just as many defending him and blaming Gilbert as there are who would rip him.

Yeah but now compared to back then, the big difference now is Gilbert is paying top dollar to get Lebron what he wants, if he leaves after that there will be a lot more criticism then even before IMO. However, yes the Lebron fans will follow and the team that he ends up with will also support him no doubt. But after the move to Cleveland many fans that he lost respect from he gained it right back. If he makes the move again he might be the most criticized basketball player, athlete in general, ever.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's why he stays in Cleveland though. Like you say, he isn't going to be Jordan, especially not if he joins the Warriors or something like that for a few more rings. What is the greatest thing Lebron could realistically do with the rest of his career? Bring a ring to Cleveland?

So you have the best thing he can do, which just happens to be in the one place him and his wife and family really want to be.

It depends on whether or not getting a ring for "The Land" is his primary or secondary goal. If it's his primary goal, then I agree, he stays in Cleveland. But if his primary goal is getting as many rings as he can...why would he stay in a place where he doesn't feel he can get them?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well technically he's already done it TWICE. When he left Cleveland for Miami and when he left Miami for Cleveland. Maybe he thinks third time's a charm?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but now compared to back then, the big difference now is Gilbert is paying top dollar to get Lebron what he wants, if he leaves after that there will be a lot more criticism then even before IMO. However, yes the Lebron fans will follow and the team that he ends up with will also support him no doubt. But after the move to Cleveland many fans that he lost respect from he gained it right back. If he makes the move again he might be the most criticized basketball player, athlete in general, ever.

Here's the thing though. Sure, Gilbert is spending top dollar, but if his goal is to collect rings and he feels he can't in Cleveland...why stay?

The only respect he lost and gained right back is that of Cavs fans. Outside of Cavs fans, I don't see where he's gained anyone else's respect back. If anything, he lost even more respect when he basically did the same thing to Miami that he did to Cleveland.

Also, according to Cavs fans and Lebron fans, he's already the most criticized athlete ever, so what difference would that make?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing though. Sure, Gilbert is spending top dollar, but if his goal is to collect rings and he feels he can't in Cleveland...why stay?

The only respect he lost and gained right back is that of Cavs fans. Outside of Cavs fans, I don't see where he's gained anyone else's respect back. If anything, he lost even more respect when he basically did the same thing to Miami that he did to Cleveland.

Also, according to Cavs fans and Lebron fans, he's already the most criticized athlete ever, so what difference would that make?

Well first off, he knows as well as anyone there's no "sure thing" trip to the finals (ESPECIALLY in the West). He's set up as well for a trip to a championship as well as anyone.

You have to be kidding if you thought he lost more respect leaving Miami, he was one of the most hated athletes according to all the polls when he left for Miami, not so when he returned to Cleveland. Check the forbes athlete polls and see how far that drop was post cleveland and how it wasn't there when he went back. Last two years, most loved athlete in sports in the US? Lebron. Night and day difference.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first off, he knows as well as anyone there's no "sure thing" trip to the finals (ESPECIALLY in the West). He's set up as well for a trip to a championship as well as anyone.

You have to be kidding if you thought he lost more respect leaving Miami, he was one of the most hated athletes according to all the polls when he left for Miami, not so when he returned to Cleveland. Check the forbes athlete polls and see how far that drop was post cleveland and how it wasn't there when he went back.

Does that poll measure popularity or marketability? I think he definitely has more endorsements since he returned, there's still a feel good element. But as far as respect of fans, I don't see how it's better anywhere but Cleveland.

Miami fans sure don't respect him with how he treated Riley on his way out the door. They just don't complain much because he helped them get 2 more titles.

And don't get me wrong, I think he stays in Cleveland. I'm just starting to see where those who say he won't, could have a point.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think the Lakers top two targets this off season are Durant and James.

Get out of here. I would've certainly put Horford before either of these two bums first. You know what? Every team in the league should just not bother with Durant. We'll take him off of the Thunder's hands for the vet. minimum.....