• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron or Fat Lever

MJ23

Rousey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex English was slow as fuck, but he was a good player

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also to the OP. Although I love Fat Lever, it is silly IMO to compare him to LeBron...

Well obv, I mean LBJ isn't even in the topic of GFLOAT yet, so I mean really just disrespectful to Fat Lever.

Hell, Alex English would kick Lebron's ass.

idk, maybe since Alex is 59 LBJ might hold a candle to him in a fist fight if Alex was sleeping and LBJ had a stick. But I mean if LBJ doesn't have the stick he better run for his life.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilarious.

Some of you may not be old enough to know this, but those gaudy stat lines from Lever came with the Nuggets who averaged about 130 PPG. They were a playoff team, but never a real contender because they made the D'Antoni Suns look like today's Pacers on the defensive end.

There is a reason why Lever's stats take a precipitous drop both before and after that 4 year run. He was a good player, but his stats were a product of a run and gun system. Anybody can put up all-star looking offensive numbers as a primary ball handler in an offensive system like the one Doug Moe and the Nuggets employed.

Just look at Michael Adams' stats. Was he an elite PG? The dude literally was unable to use his left hand to dribble more than once.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Hammer is most likely thinking is Lever played a old school game and very physical. He doesn't think Lebron could hold up to the rough stuff like they used to do:lol:

This is pretty silly too. You don't think Lebron would benefit from a more physical game? He may flop to draw foul calls, but that doesn't mean he can't use his ridiculous size and strength to his advantage in a physical battle. He is capable of putting defenders in the weight room and going right through them. If players were allowed to use more physical contact on both sides of the court, I can't think of many who would benefit more than LeBron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the one who played in a real era where you could hand check and who doesn't flop all over the place.

You guys are penalizing LeBron for the era he plays in. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'd give anything I have to see the 2013 Heat play the 1987 Lakers in a seven game Championship series. Put it this way, it'd never come back to the Forum. The celebration would have to take place in SoBe.

tumblr_lvqsy3fe2G1qzss4xo1_500.jpg

if those 2 teams DID play i'd just about put my money on a Lakers sweep. just sayin'...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how is hand checking real defense? How can putting hands, or hand on an offensive player to impede progress not be a foul?

Hand checking is no different than a defensive back reaching out and grabbing a WR as he makes his break past him. If the contact is enough for a penalty in the NFL, it should be a foul in the NBA.

Real athletes can play defense with their feet.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the one who played in a real era where you could hand check and who doesn't flop all over the place.

That assumes LEBRON would meekly continue to play a 2013 style in 1986.

If Lebron was allowed to physically play at the 1986 rules he would be an unstoppable force.
He would not simply play within the 2013 rules while everyone else hacked him 1986-style.

If you look at old footage, those guys were rail thin and relatively slow.
Lebron is chiseled musclebound monster of a freight train.

He would toss 1980s players around like pre-schoolers.
It would be scary if he had the freedom to play with the physicality of the 1986 era.

As for flopping, once again it is era related.

The referees did not reward flops in 1986.
The referees reward flops in 2013.

Lebron would not flop if he played in 1986. There would be no advantage.
He might try it a few times and realize it does not work in 1986.

Conversely, everyone from 1986 would flop in 2013.
They would do it just as much as todays guys....BECAUSE IT WORKS..and helps your team.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right Horns if Lebron played in.....blah, blah, blah, he would be the greatest ever....And he would never choke under pressure like he does now....

So one more time horns. Explain why Fat Lever avg'd 9 rebs at 6 foot 3 for 4 consecutive years, and Lebron has never even averaged over 8 rebounds in any year?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right Horns if Lebron played in.....blah, blah, blah, he would be the greatest ever....And he would never choke under pressure like he does now....

So one more time horns. Explain why Fat Lever avg'd 9 rebs at 6 foot 3 for 4 consecutive years, and Lebron has never even averaged over 8 rebounds in any year?
Probably for the same reason Fat Lever is better than Kobe at rebounding. :laugh3::laugh3:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, I think I already did that. Because of the pace at which the Nuggets played, there were many more FGAs and many more rebounds to be had. I have not done the math, but I would be wiling to bet that LeBron's rebound percentage is higher than Lever's. Even if it weren't, that is just one facet of his game.

Much respect to Horns for the ability to be objective. Anyone comparing a 4 time MVP to Fat Lever and Alex English just doesn't get it.

As for the all time comparisons, be patient people. LeBron hasn't even turned 30 yet. Judging him against all time greats today is like critiquing the Mona Lisa when it was half-finished.

Comparing LeBron to Lever is like comparing Van Gogh to my 4 year old daughter's water color paintings.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you really need it explained to your childlike brain again. Anyone can copy and paste, niw explain how Fatass Lever could do this in today's more athletic era...you can't-end of discussion

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You weren't watching basketball in 86-90, were you? The two best teams in NBA history (87 Lakers and 86 Celtics) played then and the defensive juggernaut of the Bad Boyz was quickly emerging. Basketball will never, as long as you live on this Earth, get any better than it was then. And you can take that to the bank.

That statement is nonsensical, man. Go back and watch basketball when teams (five guys playing as a team on both offense and defense) played smothering defense by default.
Smothering defense played in the 80's? Maybe a handful of teams but for the most part defense was an afterthought in the 80's

There's a reason why you barely heard the fans chant "defense" back then, cause most had barely seen it played before.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think I already did that. Because of the pace at which the Nuggets played, there were many more FGAs and many more rebounds to be had. I have not done the math, but I would be wiling to bet that LeBron's rebound percentage is higher than Lever's. Even if it weren't, that is just one facet of his game.

Much respect to Horns for the ability to be objective. Anyone comparing a 4 time MVP to Fat Lever and Alex English just doesn't get it.

As for the all time comparisons, be patient people. LeBron hasn't even turned 30 yet. Judging him against all time greats today is like critiquing the Mona Lisa when it was half-finished.

Comparing LeBron to Lever is like comparing Van Gogh to my 4 year old daughter's water color paintings.

Oooohhh, so you're saying because of the fast paced style they're were so many more rebounds to get? That makes a lot of sense, actually. And you're right that explains it. Thanks. Truly. I was always confused how a 6 '3' guard could average 9.3 rebs a game. And you came up with the answer for me. Thanks. End of conversation...It was simple. Just so many more rebounds out there. How simple is that.......

....But wait one second. Hold on here.....There is still one thing I'm confused about....How come then in 1989 and 1990 Fat Lever, at 6 '3' actually led his team in rebounding? And that's despite have multiple 7 foot cnters on the team like JOe Barry Carroll and Blair Rasumussen? Shouldn't have those guys all gotten like 15 rebounds a game since they're were so many missed shots out there?

....And since the game was so up and down, with so many possessions, shouldn't fat Lever have a ton of turnovers? Like significantly more than Lebron's 3.5 T.o's per game? Logic says yes. But when you check the stats it says Lever only avg'd 2.0 turnovers?

This is confusing. And why did Lever get 2.7 steals per game, compared to Lebron's 1.6 steals? And why did Lever get more assists 7.9 compared to Lebron 6.7 assts?

So we're back to the original point. Perhaps Lever at 6 '3' and 170 pounds is a better rebounder, assist man, steal guy, less turnovers, then the 6 '9' 260 pound Lebron?

Maybe the point is Lebron's 26 pts, 7.8 rebs, and 6.8 assts isn't as great as ESPN is telling us. Considering Fat Lever at 6 '3' is actually better than Lebron. Maybe Lebron is just an over-hyped, Espn/nike creation...

Maybe that's why basketball historians are sick and tired of Espn/nike shoving Lebron down our faces considering he's never accomplished shit on the court. No one cares that the media keeps voting him mvp, and the media keeps telling us he's the greatest ever.

The fact is he doesn't win shit despite having a team stacked with Superstars. And his stats aren't even as good as some guy named fat lever.

In your FACE.

Peace!!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably for the same reason Fat Lever is better than Kobe at rebounding. :laugh3::laugh3:

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Cause I'm positive that you weren't alive then and that you're more of a fan of the Miami Heat than the game of basketball. You have blinders on, thus your opinion is virtually meaningless in an intelligent debate. It's nothing personal, that's just the facts.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Cause I'm positive that you weren't alive then and that you're more of a fan of the Miami Heat than the game of basketball. You have blinders on, thus your opinion is virtually meaningless in an intelligent debate. It's nothing personal, that's just the facts.
I'm old enough that Magic was the reason I started playing basketball in high school. I think you are the one with blinders on to be truthful. I could really care less about your opinion of my opinion. So far you have said nothing to demonstrate you have the ability to intelligently debate on this subject. What intelligent information do you have that would make any sane person believe Fat Lever is even in the same ball park as Lebron. You look like an idiot even agreeing with it. Nothing personal.