• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best player in NBA:Love ,Durant, or lebron.

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way I see it these are the only two guys who can actually dominate the game consistently and stuff a stat sheet. Durant the other night had 37 points, smtg like 8 boards, 7 assists and a couple steals and blocks to boot. Love on the same night was 4 assists shy of a triple double after only 14 minutes on the court!!! Last time I watched Love play going up against a large frontcourt he missed his first couple of inside shots just barely so what does he do, he goes outside to get some easy baskets by making a couple 3's before returning to his inside game and dominating there. Who does that? 99% of players I have seen need to make easy shots before having the confidence to go out and make outside shots. For Love the 3's are the easy shots. It seems to me that both of these guys can do in one nights work what it would take LeBron 1 and a half or maybe even 2 games to do. Each of these guys are the best player on the court on that night probably 80% of the time or better whereas LeBron gets outplayed by a teammate or an opponent on a regular basis.

Kevin Love has the second best offensive rating on his team with his team scoring 122 pts per 100 possessions (Kevin Martin is first with 124) and is second on his team as far as defensive rating by only allowing 97 points per 100 possessions while he is on the court (Ricky Rubio is #1 with a rating of 95). Kevin Durant has the fourth best offensive rating on his team at 121 with Steven Adams having the best at 147 and he is tied at number one with four other teammates who all have a defensive rating of 100. Lebron has the 3rd best offensive rating on his team at 120 but only has the 8th best defensive rating at a paltry 110.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to take this into account. Lebron doesn't have to score for his team to win, but especially Love and KD have to score.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both Love and Durant far more than LeBron but this thread has got to be a damn joke.

It takes LeBron two games to do what they do? What the fuck?

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did take that into account, that's the only way Lebron can win a ring. He has to have as many guys as possible on his team who can score 20 or more otherwise his lack of ability becomes blatantly evident. The reason Cleveland never won was because he could not score 40 when needed. With him winning all these MVP's he has re-defined the award as the most valuable role player. Cole,chalmers,allen,bosh,wade,miller and battier could all score 20 on any given night. How many of Durants teammates can do the same? 2, maybe 3?

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said one and a half maybe 2. His statline is usually 15-25 points, 5-8 reb's and 5-8 assists.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the truth comes out...another Sman clone

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said one and a half maybe 2. His statline is usually 15-25 points, 5-8 reb's and 5-8 assists.

His stat line is also usually better than those two. Again wtf is wrong with you?

Miller and Battier? hahahahhahaha fucking stop it.

Durant played with Westbrook and Harden.

You are straight up stupid.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George is easily second behind LeBron at this point because his defense is almost as good as his offense. We will see if it gets better than that. Not all that likely, as James probably weighs 285 lbs., but it is still out there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant needs Westbrook. He was exposed in the playoffs last year. He's really just a glorified jump shooter.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George is easily second behind LeBron at this point because his defense is almost as good as his offense. We will see if it gets better than that. Not all that likely, as James probably weighs 285 lbs., but it is still out there.

George is certianly not "easily" second. Or probably even second for that matter.

He's very good all around(pts,rbs,assists) and on the defensive end but he still isn't overly efficient. He's a guy who often needs 20 shots for 20 pts.

He's on his way to being among the very best though.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George is certianly not "easily" second. Or probably even second for that matter.

He's very good all around(pts,rbs,assists) and on the defensive end but he still isn't overly efficient. He's a guy who often needs 20 shots for 20 pts.

He's on his way to being among the very best though.

His offensive efficiency has improved considerably thus far this season, but it is early. I think his most spectacular plays thus far have been defensive though.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE defender.

You cannot even be serious to put an offensive only player who has not even made the playoffs in the discussion.

David Robinson today at age 50 is a better defender than Kevin Love.

Defense-Optional players should never get any consideration.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant needs Westbrook. He was exposed in the playoffs last year. He's really just a glorified jump shooter.

AND Lebron needs a team LOADED WITH SUPERSTARS.

LEBRON with team of superstars = 2 rings
\
Lebron without team of superstars = 0 rings, 0 finals games won....

Do the math

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE defender.

You cannot even be serious to put an offensive only player who has not even made the playoffs in the discussion.

David Robinson today at age 50 is a better defender than Kevin Love.

Defense-Optional players should never get any consideration.

Love's is improving but I agree it is still basically BAD.

I have to believe this guy is trolling though

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND Lebron needs a team LOADED WITH SUPERSTARS.

LEBRON with team of superstars = 2 rings
\
Lebron without team of superstars = 0 rings, 0 finals games won....

Do the math
No argument there. I've said that Lebron is a media created sensation. That team in Cleveland was nowhere near as bad as they made it out to be. I think Kobe is the most selfish, arrogant POS player in the NBA but he's really the only player that plays both ends of the floor. Lebron for all his defensive player of the year and can guard all 5 positions, I've never seen him play center or guard pf. If he had any balls, he would have guarded Dirk in the Finals that they lost.

PS- I honestly believe Lebron threw those finals. His shot not falling is one thing but he completely "forgot" how to play. That just doesn't happen.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love has improved. I concede that reality.

There was no where else to go but up.

However the thread is definitely a fake SMAN troll account.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did take that into account, that's the only way Lebron can win a ring. He has to have as many guys as possible on his team who can score 20 or more otherwise his lack of ability becomes blatantly evident. The reason Cleveland never won was because he could not score 40 when needed. With him winning all these MVP's he has re-defined the award as the most valuable role player. Cole,chalmers,allen,bosh,wade,miller and battier could all score 20 on any given night. How many of Durants teammates can do the same? 2, maybe 3?

You serious?? I hope not. :laugh3:

Not counting his rookie yr in Cleveland he averaged like 29.0 pts/game.

And calling Lebron a role player, you are on the border of mental retardation.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way I see it these are the only two guys who can actually dominate the game consistently and stuff a stat sheet. Durant the other night had 37 points, smtg like 8 boards, 7 assists and a couple steals and blocks to boot. Love on the same night was 4 assists shy of a triple double after only 14 minutes on the court!!! Last time I watched Love play going up against a large frontcourt he missed his first couple of inside shots just barely so what does he do, he goes outside to get some easy baskets by making a couple 3's before returning to his inside game and dominating there. Who does that? 99% of players I have seen need to make easy shots before having the confidence to go out and make outside shots. For Love the 3's are the easy shots. It seems to me that both of these guys can do in one nights work what it would take LeBron 1 and a half or maybe even 2 games to do. Each of these guys are the best player on the court on that night probably 80% of the time or better whereas LeBron gets outplayed by a teammate or an opponent on a regular basis.

Kevin Love has the second best offensive rating on his team with his team scoring 122 pts per 100 possessions (Kevin Martin is first with 124) and is second on his team as far as defensive rating by only allowing 97 points per 100 possessions while he is on the court (Ricky Rubio is #1 with a rating of 95). Kevin Durant has the fourth best offensive rating on his team at 121 with Steven Adams having the best at 147 and he is tied at number one with four other teammates who all have a defensive rating of 100. Lebron has the 3rd best offensive rating on his team at 120 but only has the 8th best defensive rating at a paltry 110.

Here's the way that I look at it:
If everyone currently in the NBA were up to be drafted and you had the top pick who would you take?
If I'm at #2 I'm sure as hell hoping you are at #1 and take Love or Durant so I can laugh at you as I take LeBron.