• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron now 20th on all-time scoring list

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing the props lebron gets over jordan for being more balanced. Really? Its impressive he gets more rebounds? He is 6'8 250 lbs. Look at some of the ridiculous triple doubles mj had. Tired of hearing that bs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing the props lebron gets over jordan for being more balanced. Really? Its impressive he gets more rebounds? He is 6'8 250 lbs. Look at some of the ridiculous triple doubles mj had. Tired of hearing that bs.

... which affords him greater opportunity to be a more balanced player...

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... which affords him greater opportunity to be a more balanced player...

Correct. Just as shaq being 7'1 350 lbs affords him the opportunity to get more rebounds than mj. Lebron has the build of a power forward. Still very impressive to have that size and athleticism, I just don't think it makes a compelling case for lbj vs mj.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries...it'll all make sense soon. :suds:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad for a guy who wants to be a passer first

LEBRON could average 30+ a game if he really wanted to do so.

But, I think he likes being a playmaker and primary defensive stopper first.

Scoring seems to be down on his list which truly makes his points totals even more impressive.
I think with this current team he might not have much of a choice-somebody gotta light the fire under them!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. Just as shaq being 7'1 350 lbs affords him the opportunity to get more rebounds than mj. Lebron has the build of a power forward. Still very impressive to have that size and athleticism, I just don't think it makes a compelling case for lbj vs mj.
well what about assists then? not saying hes better than Jordan of course--- but you have a point with rebounds- but by your logic youd think Jordan would have the assist margin - and he doesnt- LeBron is without a doubt a better passer.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ averages 1 more rebound per game than MJ. Meh...

Less than 2 assists per game difference as well. When factoring in scoring, rebounds and assists, etc., they come out almost dead even. This is why rings are used as the sort of final factor in GOAT discussions. The stats among all-time greats are generally so close that it's really the only thing left.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where he lands on the all-time scoring list depends how quickly lebrons body gives away - and it will sooner than later. He has a fair chance surpassing Kobe but Malone is too far off.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 2 assists per game difference as well. When factoring in scoring, rebounds and assists, etc., they come out almost dead even. This is why rings are used as the sort of final factor in GOAT discussions. The stats among all-time greats are generally so close that it's really the only thing left.
its funny thy have the same exact shooting percentage- and i agre with you rings are the ultimate decider- all though MVPs is a big time one too- and i am not trying to say LeBron is better than Jordan-- Lebron is actually career wise a better 3pt shooter.

but averaging almost 2 extra assists per game and a rebound a game is fairly significant....2 extra assits is like a 30% increase....the rebound is a 15% increase...those are definitely not statistically insignificant

basically tells us what we already knew - Jordan is a better scorer---- and Kobe is better comp--- and LeBron is a better all around guy- Magic is a better comp

LeBron will catch Jordan is games played- if knock on wood he is healthy- sometime late next year. It sure appears Lebron will make his SIXTH STRAIGHT FINALS THIS YEAR...

that is CRAZY to think about.....at 31 years old he is already almost top 10 all time in scoring- and he has yet to suffer an injury that would even be considered medium- let alone major in his career.....stay outta the operating room LeBron--- and the fact that he is a freak- means i think he will turn out much more like Duncan than Kobe. The fact that LeBron is historically durable- smart, hardworking- and is a physical freak of nature- def play into his corner---- as does the fact that with his size he can reinvent himself- something guards really cant do....everyone knows big men age better and can stay elite a lot longer than guards typically- who when they start losing their legs lose their shot and finishing aiblity.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basically tells us what we already knew - Jordan is a better scorer---- and Kobe is better comp--- and LeBron is a better all around guy- Magic is a better comp

Couldn't agree more. Magic has always been a better comparison for Lebron and MJ for Kobe.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he has yet to suffer an injury that would even be considered medium- let alone major in his career.....stay outta the operating room LeBron--- and the fact that he is a freak- means i think he will turn out much more like Duncan than Kobe.

Depends. Kobe was considered pretty durable and even though he had more injuries than Lebron has, it was almost always stuff that he could play through and take care of in the off-season. Then, when he hit about 33 or 34, the major injuries started and most believe they were the result of all of the miles he had on his body.

Lebron has more mileage on his body than Kobe did at the same age, so logically, one would expect that his body will start to fail him eventually.

Not sure Duncan is a good comparison outside of him not having much in the way of injury issues. When it comes to style of play, flying up and down the court, driving to the hoop, defending all over the court, etc. Lebron's style of play is more Kobe than Duncan and takes more out of a player than the way Duncan plays.

I'm not saying that Lebron will suffer any major injuries like Kobe did and I certainly don't want to see it happen, but if it does, it wouldn't surprise me.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll end up #3 on the all time points list.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where he lands on the all-time scoring list depends how quickly lebrons body gives away - and it will sooner than later. He has a fair chance surpassing Kobe but Malone is too far off.

I agree there... I think top 5 is doable, but hard to get up past 35k points. Figure 6 more years at 70 games a year after this one at 20 points a game would get him to pass Kobe, but be behind Karl. That's playing through his 37 year old season, and I think that's fair.

Total points scored (reg and playoff) is impressive for him as well, 8th all time currently.