• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron needs more help

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry that ship has sailed. See ya in the Finals! (maybe, if you can get out of the East)

The Spurs are saying otherwise, maybe the Clippers once Paul gets healthy too.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from ESPN:

Reinforcements could be on the way for LeBron James and the defending NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers, who had an underwhelming 7-8 record in January.

Veteran point guards Mario Chalmers and Kirk Hinrich and wing Lance Stephenson are scheduled to work out for the Cavaliers on Wednesday, league sources informed ESPN.

A few other free-agent prospects are expected to attend the session, sources say. Depending on how well the participants perform, sources with knowledge of the Cavaliers' thinking believe one could be signed prior to the All-Star break.

Cleveland has one roster spot available, but could open up another slot should the team elect to waive center Chris Andersen, who is out for the rest of the year with a knee injury.

James has publicly called for the Cavaliers front office to add a veteran playmaker to the roster.

Chalmers, 30, has recovered from a right Achilles tear that occurred last March, when he was a member of the Memphis Grizzlies. Chalmers has experience playing with James; they were teammates for four seasons with in Miami, reaching the NBA Finals four times and winning two championships.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Lebron have to be such a bitch? I mean really. sheesh

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from ESPN:

Reinforcements could be on the way for LeBron James and the defending NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers, who had an underwhelming 7-8 record in January.

Veteran point guards Mario Chalmers and Kirk Hinrich and wing Lance Stephenson are scheduled to work out for the Cavaliers on Wednesday, league sources informed ESPN.

A few other free-agent prospects are expected to attend the session, sources say. Depending on how well the participants perform, sources with knowledge of the Cavaliers' thinking believe one could be signed prior to the All-Star break.

Cleveland has one roster spot available, but could open up another slot should the team elect to waive center Chris Andersen, who is out for the rest of the year with a knee injury.

James has publicly called for the Cavaliers front office to add a veteran playmaker to the roster.

Chalmers, 30, has recovered from a right Achilles tear that occurred last March, when he was a member of the Memphis Grizzlies. Chalmers has experience playing with James; they were teammates for four seasons with in Miami, reaching the NBA Finals four times and winning two championships.

Not bad, I always liked chalmers...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad, I always liked chalmers...
it just worries me - he had a serious injury.

the thing is- if the Cavs pick him up- and he doesnt work out- he doesnt cost them the vet minimum of like 1.5 M or whatever...he costs them like 4-5 times that......say they pick up Chalmers- he plays for a couple months- and its clear his torn ACL is not quite ready--- if they waive him- thats like an extra 6 million dollars.

they have to be sure that whoever they pick up is a guy they really want.

Im leaninga little more towards Stepehenson considering he had a much more minor injury- even though he is a nutjob--- just because maybe he will behave himself and get his dollars up- he would have plenty of incentive to do so.

If you told me Chalmers was healthy and ready to go- id def. take him- but a torn ACL sometimes ends careers. that worries me.

Reactions: LAD

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the thing is- if the Cavs pick him up- and he doesnt work out- he doesnt cost them the vet minimum of like 1.5 M or whatever...he costs them like 4-5 times that......say they pick up Chalmers- he plays for a couple months- and its clear his torn ACL is not quite ready--- if they waive him- thats like an extra 6 million dollars.

Im leaninga little more towards Stepehenson considering he had a much more minor injury- even though he is a nutjob--- just because maybe he will behave himself and get his dollars up- he would have plenty of incentive to do so.

If you told me Chalmers was healthy and ready to go- id def. take him- but a torn ACL sometimes ends careers. that worries me.

Cavs are in a tough spot. Even if they sign one of these guys soon -- I'm guessing they would pickup Deron W or Jamir N. if they can get them cheap or if they are let go. (Yogi Ferrell has looked great in 2 games / 10-day contract -- Mavs should keep him -- but later they may have too many PGs -- JJ, DWill,Yogi, Seth C)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amen!! charles critiques him on his whinning about the cavs needing help and he replies with a personal attack.....what a douche bag.
LeBron is an all-time chump.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you mentioning Gilbert chump change like 5-6M?
Thought it didn't matter?
If one doesn't work, drop him and try the other.

Or, have things changed now that James can't opt out?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Lebron have to be such a bitch? I mean really. sheesh

??? I guess you havent seen their roster. He is here to win not pussyfoot around.

Winners whine except Duncan...does he even breathe?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For no more than likely will be asked of him, he should be fine. The Cavs don't need him to play heavy minutes.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? I guess you havent seen their roster. He is here to win not pussyfoot around.

That is James' hand picked roster.

Im not saying James shouldnt take a max, and im not saying that his other entity Klutch shouldnt have stuck it to Gilbert with the Tristan/JR contracts, but, on the other end there is a price to pay.

If it ends up costing him titles, then monetarily as well as historically he will have made some horrible decisions.

LeChuck421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another reason why this super team BS is not good for the entire league.

I just can't imagine Ewing leaving the Knicks after he got beat and joining the Bulls. :L

Because Ewing was traded away from the team....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a roster full of guys that Lebron asked for. He's being a dick and acting childish just because he can't handle a few losses. Such a friggin baby. Anybody he won over in the finals last year is firmly off board now. It's really pathetic how he handles himself.