• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much fun as it is to see the Lakers playing well and having a winning record...unless they make some blockbuster trade to bring in AD or something, or a couple of teams ahead of them lose some important guys to injury...it's not happening this year.

Stop being such a kill joy!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When exactly did LeBron threaten to leave during his first stint? He was under contract the whole time and it was such a shock to Cleveland fans because he never indicated anything other than his love for Cleveland. Everything else was media speculation.

And I do think Cleveland did very well to beat GS once because they were the superior team all 4 years. Glad you are finally admitting something close to that. But it still doesn't explain the state of the roster today. Because they didn't lose Kyrie, they traded him. And they dealt 2 of those #1 picks for Love. 1 of whom was perhaps the biggest bust in the history of #1 picks.
Bored so took a look at some of what I missed before I joined (bet the 2016 Finals were fun). Media speculation Lebron would never commit? Not threatening to leave is not the same as committing.

No commitment and tough to get a stud to commit. He committed in 2014 and Love asked to be traded here.

You rip them for a draft bust, but then mention he was used to acquire Love. didn't really matter who they took in that draft, he was going in the Love deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you blame Lebron for all the moves Cleveland made over the years. He recruited great players and they didnt WANT to come to Cleveland so he had to resort to other options, but without him recrruiting they had NOTHING. Before he was a Cav they had NOTHING. I watched those Cavs games with Andre Miller, Tractor Traylor, an old Shawn Kemp...one player comes along and he single-handingly changes the FRANCHISE like no player has done not just in the history of the NBA but any franchise. He was THE TEAM.

After they finally won a championship, only bc Lebron came back, Gilbert messed up a number of times. Kyrie was out of the control of everyone but he had PG in a trade. Griffiin had the trade set up then he gets fired. Griffin made so many great moves for the Cavs organization too. And Gilbert did spend money but he also is the reason Lebron left the first time and the second time. If he keeps Griffin and gets PG, Lebron is still in Cleveland...plain and simple.

This might be a troll attempt but either way you look like an idiot posting it.
Serious question and if you've asked my apologies. What "great moves" did Griffin make? Griffin, himself, said he would not make the PG move without Lebron's commitment.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The decline is here. He isn't the best player anymore and I think we will see a slow decline for the next 3-4 years. Still going to be an Allstar but he lost top player status now. I don't know even know if he is top 3 anymore.

This is one of my favorites

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bored so took a look at some of what I missed before I joined (bet the 2016 Finals were fun). Media speculation Lebron would never commit? Not threatening to leave is not the same as committing.

No commitment and tough to get a stud to commit. He committed in 2014 and Love asked to be traded here.

You rip them for a draft bust, but then mention he was used to acquire Love. didn't really matter who they took in that draft, he was going in the Love deal.

It mattered; the player had to have enough hype around him to interest the Wolves.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of my favorites

Since the '14-'15 season LeBron's #'s have been pretty similar year in & year out. The only thing that's diminished is his hairline.

I don't get the LeBron Haters out there. Is that that difficult for some NBA fans to give a player they don't like credit? Seems silly to me.

As I've said several times not a LeBron fan. Wasn't a Kobe fan either. But I can appreciate their greatness on the court. I think KD's a walking & talking jackass. But he's a helluva NBAer.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the '13-'14 season LeBron's #'s have been pretty similar year in & year out. The only thing that's diminished is his hairline.

I don't get the LeBron Haters out there. Is that that difficult for some NBA fans to give a player they don't like credit? Seems silly to me.

As I've said several times not a LeBron fan. Wasn't a Kobe fan either. But I can appreciate their greatness on the court. I think KD's a walking & talking jackass. But he's a helluva NBAer.
In this case it's more that we fans like to give piping hot takes about a player or team after one or two games

The playoffs are the best, a team loses game 1 and everyone's all "that's it they are toast"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case it's more that we fans like to give piping hot takes about a player or team after one or two games

The playoffs are the best, a team loses game 1 and everyone's all "that's it they are toast"
No doubt a lot of IMGs (In the Moment Guys) in these forums.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or funny nonsense like this.

Team A is playing Team B in the 1st round. But Team B won the regular season series. Which obviously means Team B will pull off the upset. Then Team A sweeps Team B.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the '14-'15 season LeBron's #'s have been pretty similar year in & year out. The only thing that's diminished is his hairline.

Always been easy for me. Don't like Lebron nor Gilbert but appreciate what each did to help my team get a title I never thought I'd see in this city.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about Bennett.

Bennett was a throw in.

The trade was Wiggins + cap filler.

Bennett was not a coveted asset at that point. So your point about his inclusion in the trade is moot.

Because if they had taken somebody halfway decent, they could have traded him for another good player.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always been easy for me. Don't like Lebron nor Gilbert but appreciate what each did to help my team get a title I never thought I'd see in this city.

I can understand Cavs fans saying this. Makes sense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett was a throw in.

Bennett was not a coveted asset at that point. So your point about his inclusion in the trade is moot.

Because if they had taken somebody halfway decent, they could have traded him for another good player.

Oh bullshit!! Bennett could have helped the Twolves. He could have been the tallest cheerleader in the league.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett was a throw in.

It didn't matter who they took in that draft....he was going to Minnesota to get Love along with Wiggins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand Cavs fans saying this. Makes sense.
what baffles me, as I've probably said, is there are fans in this city who see what the Indians/Dolan are doing and completely rip Gilbert. Many are even Dolan apologists.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what baffles me, as I've probably said, is there are fans in this city who see what the Indians/Dolan are doing and completely rip Gilbert. Many are even Dolan apologists.

I cringe when I hear Dolan's name. I do miss games @ The Jake though. I will never call it _________ Field.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't matter who they took in that draft....he was going to Minnesota to get Love along with Wiggins.

You are really going to double down on this?

Wiggins has disappointed. But he was a huge prospect entering the league. The thought was that he would be an elite wing defender and a go to scorer. He hasn't been close to that.

Wiggins for Love was a straight up trade because Wiggins was an elite prospect entering the first year of his rookie deal. Those players have immense value.

Had they hit at #1 in the Bennett draft also, there is no way in hell they would have given up both players for Love. That is like saying they would have given up Kyrie and Wiggins for Love. Just not true.

Bennett was a clear and obvious bust, so he became expendable. Minnesota also got the benefit of possibly restoring his career with a fresh start.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

I should say Wiggins for Love was straight up in terms of trade value of those 2 players.

Cleveland needed to include more pieces to make the salaries match.