• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOAT because he had shit around him in Cleveland for a few years and dominated the East. Lmao how impressive. You’re such a homer. The loss to the Mavs in
Miami while you hated Lebron? Weak

Drank more

Ok. Keep trolling, it’s not helping your shit opinion lolzzzz

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the mistake during his first stint was that they kept trying to add FA's to get Lebron the help he needed and they couldn't get any difference makers. They should have figured out that they weren't getting anyone to come to Cleveland and tried to trade for a better player or 2. Maybe they did and couldn't get anything done? I don't remember them being involved in many trade rumors...but that was a long time ago, sooo...:noidea:

During the 2nd stint, they actually did a pretty nice job of setting things up the way they should have during the first stint and apparently even had a trade set up that could have really helped them. But they backed out when Lebron wouldn't commit long term.

Imo, not completing that trade because Lebron wouldn't commit was a mistake. I'm not saying that that he'd still be a Cav if they had, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt and they'd likely be in better shape than they are now if he still left.

Gilbert firing Griffin didn't help either.
if they had done that trade they would not have their pick this year, and the year after next year...

if LeBron left that would have been devastating giving the Cavs over to a Nets like situation

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they had done that trade they would not have their pick this year, and the year after next year...

if LeBron left that would have been devastating giving the Cavs over to a Nets like situation

Yeah, true about the draft picks.

But they'd also have an established star to try to add to/build around. Plus, if completing that trade got Lebron to stick around and they added another title or 2...wouldn't it be worth it?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Keep trolling, it’s not helping your shit opinion lolzzzz

Lebron is 1b. That’s not bad and that’s not trolling. Stop crying it makes you look weak.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this qualify for lolllz? So gay

B1BC091F-E588-4F20-8F25-C2B97A4C1319.jpeg

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When exactly did LeBron threaten to leave during his first stint? He was under contract the whole time and it was such a shock to Cleveland fans because he never indicated anything other than his love for Cleveland. Everything else was media speculation.

And I do think Cleveland did very well to beat GS once because they were the superior team all 4 years. Glad you are finally admitting something close to that. But it still doesn't explain the state of the roster today. Because they didn't lose Kyrie, they traded him. And they dealt 2 of those #1 picks for Love. 1 of whom was perhaps the biggest bust in the history of #1 picks.

He was always putting pressure and not signing his contract till the last second. He wanted those quick fixes. Those were most likely his picks. Lebron loves to play GM, even though he is not very good at it imo

He left Cle the first time in shambles after his picks, went to Miami when they got old and started falling apart he left them in shambles, and then did the same thing in Cle this year....It's sort of what he does. Watch LA for when he leaves there in 4 years...Only this year cavs were wise enough to trade kyrie on their terms and get a lottery pick, a 19 year old who i think is going to get a lot better, and a bunch of young players in Nance, Clarkson and Hood vs last time being stuck with old broken down hasbeens hand picked by lebron

Cleveland was better 2 out of the 4 years...GS as we are seeing now is only better when they have a huge advantage of stars. They lose 1 star and the wheels come off. They should be able to win games with 3 other stars right? Yet they are struggling....Lets be honest Lebron/Kyrie/Love is just a better team than Curry/thompson/green...They won the first year because no Irving and Love and immediately lost the next year when they played...just do the math

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the mistake during his first stint was that they kept trying to add FA's to get Lebron the help he needed and they couldn't get any difference makers. They should have figured out that they weren't getting anyone to come to Cleveland and tried to trade for a better player or 2. Maybe they did and couldn't get anything done? I don't remember them being involved in many trade rumors...but that was a long time ago, sooo...:noidea:

During the 2nd stint, they actually did a pretty nice job of setting things up the way they should have during the first stint and apparently even had a trade set up that could have really helped them. But they backed out when Lebron wouldn't commit long term.

Imo, not completing that trade because Lebron wouldn't commit was a mistake. I'm not saying that that he'd still be a Cav if they had, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt and they'd likely be in better shape than they are now if he still left.

Gilbert firing Griffin didn't help either.

Yea, they had a terrible gm in danny ferry. Sometimes a bad gm can really ruin a team. OKC managed to screw up Durant, westbrook and Harden. They also had a little bit of bad timing. The Spurs were a dynasty in their prime, and boston created their big 3. I am glad they didn't do the trade. If i recall it was for Deandre jordan who is in his 30's and not very good imo....I like that they got that pick. Sexton is only 19, and should get a lot better, and this years up coming draft looks loaded with stars.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current Cav roster was created by a domino effect that started when David Griffin was let go. Up until that point, they did a lot of things right. But that move was the beginning of the end for LeBron. A clear signal that Gilbert was no longer willing to make all the moves LeBron needed him to. Everything that has happened since has been a comedy of errors.

I don't think so. The beginning of the end was when Durant signed in GS. Nothing really mattered after that point. They were so stacked at that point and the cavs had no cap room. Griffin also wanted a huge contract, and Dan was smart enough to realize that it would be a waste of money. Dan didn't become a self made billionaire by making stupid business decisions

Durant on GS was the beginning of the end of lebron even trying to win a championship imo

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. The beginning of the end was when Durant signed in GS. Nothing really mattered after that point. They were so stacked at that point and the cavs had no cap room. Griffin also wanted a huge contract, and Dan was smart enough to realize that it would be a waste of money. Dan didn't become a self made billionaire by making stupid business decisions

Durant on GS was the beginning of the end of lebron even trying to win a championship imo

LeBron still has a chance, the Warriors dynasty is on it's final year, maybe one more. And as we see how they look now when injured, weird things can happen. LeBron may not be the best player in the league by the time he wins another, but he has as good a shot as any.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, they had a terrible gm in danny ferry. Sometimes a bad gm can really ruin a team. OKC managed to screw up Durant, westbrook and Harden. They also had a little bit of bad timing. The Spurs were a dynasty in their prime, and boston created their big 3. I am glad they didn't do the trade. If i recall it was for Deandre jordan who is in his 30's and not very good imo....I like that they got that pick. Sexton is only 19, and should get a lot better, and this years up coming draft looks loaded with stars.

Agree re: a bad GM. Heck, a bad owner who won't listen to his GM can do that too (see Jim "Short" Buss lol).

Sexton looks like he can be pretty good. He's a bit on the small side and I don't see him as a guy who is going to lead a contender. But I think he can be an important part of a contender.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

I agree with @tlance. Getting rid of Griffin was the beginning of the end of Lebron as a Cav.

You act like KD and the Warriors will be together forever. They have this year and maybe next year before they will have to make some very tough decisions re: their roster.

A good GM like Griffin is likely able to make some moves necessary to at least remain a contender.

Paying to keep a good GM is hardly a waste of money.

And lol @Lebron not trying to win championships. Lakers players have been winning championships and enjoying what Los Angeles and Hollywood have to offer for decades.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was always putting pressure and not signing his contract till the last second. He wanted those quick fixes. Those were most likely his picks. Lebron loves to play GM, even though he is not very good at it imo

He left Cle the first time in shambles after his picks, went to Miami when they got old and started falling apart he left them in shambles, and then did the same thing in Cle this year....It's sort of what he does. Watch LA for when he leaves there in 4 years...Only this year cavs were wise enough to trade kyrie on their terms and get a lottery pick, a 19 year old who i think is going to get a lot better, and a bunch of young players in Nance, Clarkson and Hood vs last time being stuck with old broken down hasbeens hand picked by lebron

Cleveland was better 2 out of the 4 years...GS as we are seeing now is only better when they have a huge advantage of stars. They lose 1 star and the wheels come off. They should be able to win games with 3 other stars right? Yet they are struggling....Lets be honest Lebron/Kyrie/Love is just a better team than Curry/thompson/green...They won the first year because no Irving and Love and immediately lost the next year when they played...just do the math

Dude. We are talking about his first stint in Cleveland. You claim LeBron was "always putting pressure and not signing his contracts until the last second".

That is proposterous. He was only a free agent once (2010) and he signed his extension almost a full year before he even became a restricted free agent.

He may have had some input on personnel decisions, but he didn't use his contract as leverage in this case as you claim. Not even close.

And your GS comparisons just show your lack of knowledge. Because GS has been without both Curry and Green for this lousy stretch. Their starting lineup yesterday was:

Quinn Cook
Klay
Iggy
KD
Damian Jones

Which makes their bench super weak since Iggy is starting. Anybody who follows the Warriors at all knows that while KD is their best player, Curry and Green are the 2 most important.

Cleveland was never better than GS. Just be thankful you got one.

I swear, your posts aren't even bad opinions. You just make stuff up to support whatever you want to believe in your own little fantasy land. So many incorrect statements made in your post above.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man. You were on record at the time saying that Durant would make GS worse because they lost depth guys like Bogut and Barnes.

Now you expect us to believe that LeBron gave up when GS signed KD?

If Cleveland was truly better than GS before that signing, like you claim, they would have still had a puncher's chance to win those series. But they weren't ever better and the addition of KD made it so that it wasn't even a fair fight.

And not resigning Griffin was a horrific decision. Truly mind boggling that an owner with such "deep pockets" would try to save money on such an important decision maker.

The reality is that Gilbert was the one who gave up. He knew his team got lucky to beat GS once and it wasn't happening again. He wanted to retake control of his team so he let Griffin walk and stopped trying to create a chaponship caliber roster for LeBron.

The end result is what you have now. One of the worst teams in the NBA.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron still has a chance, the Warriors dynasty is on it's final year, maybe one more. And as we see how they look now when injured, weird things can happen. LeBron may not be the best player in the league by the time he wins another, but he has as good a shot as any.
I don't think the Warriors capability of winning a title is nearly as strong if Durant leaves - I like Thompson and Curry, but those two don't play enough defense - you really need Draymond Green and Durant for that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Warriors capability of winning a title is nearly as strong if Durant leaves - I like Thompson and Curry, but those two don't play enough defense - you really need Draymond Green and Durant for that.
Bruh Thompson is probably the best guard defender in the league, top 3 for sure. And obviously their chances are worse than with KD, that was my whole point. Everyone is saying LeBron won't win again because of the Ws, and my point is that KD won't be there much longer.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh Thompson is probably the best guard defender in the league, top 3 for sure. And obviously their chances are worse than with KD, that was my whole point. Everyone is saying LeBron won't win again because of the Ws, and my point is that KD won't be there much longer.
I think they are still a top team and most likely still the best - but they definitely move down into the "Can be beat" - Doesn't mean they will be beat - but Dumb'toni and the Rockets did expose their weakness

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are still a top team and most likely still the best - but they definitely move down into the "Can be beat" - Doesn't mean they will be beat - but Dumb'toni and the Rockets did expose their weakness
What's their weakness at full strength?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's their weakness at full strength?
Defense. ROCKETS came close and if Chris Paul had not went down, I think the Warriors could have lost. The Warriors are still going to win more titles, but just not every year

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense. ROCKETS came close and if Chris Paul had not went down, I think the Warriors could have lost. The Warriors are still going to win more titles, but just not every year
The Rockets only got close because of Warrior injuries, to one of their best defenders. When healthy they are a very good defensive team. Nothing is guaranteed but this team if healthy will win titles probably every year until KD leaves. Which could easily be after this year