• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James' White House Tweet

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bush was the worst president we'd ever have (that's including Trump). But shit, if I still got to go to the White House......I'm down.

Bush was just dumb and led around by Chaney, but he still seemed to be a good man at heart. Trump is actually dangerous.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the crazy really started in 1994 when Newt Gingrich and the insurgents took over Congress. Then came the Lewinsky thing and it was war between the Reps and Dems ever since.
It's been war ever since Watergate.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can forget about bipartisanship because it isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can forget about bipartisanship because it isn't going to happen anytime soon.

That's why you go with the independent party. Problem is, a majority of this country is tied to the lesser of two evils and an independent will likely never win. Also doesn't help that the independents we had run this past election gave Bush a run for his money in terms of idiocy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had this discussion far too often in general (not just on SportsHoopla) and very rarely does it go anywhere

I would guess that it would be for one of a couple of reasons.

Perhaps when someone brings up the fact that a young black man is far more likely to be killed by another young black man you say "you have to be black to understand, so I'm not going to talk to you about it" as you did with Heatles?

Perhaps you have had the discussion with white people who weren't truly trying to understand and used the above fact to turn the conversation away from police brutality against black people?

Maybe some of both?

I'm sure that it's uncomfortable for black folks to discuss the fact that a black person is more likely to be killed by another black person than a cop of any color. Just as it's uncomfortable for white folks to talk about black folks being killed, beaten up or just plain being treated unfairly by cops.

Having said that, if we are ever truly going to come close to fixing the issue, both of those topics and few more are going to have to be discussed, no matter how uncomfortable they may be.

Reactions: LAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why you go with the independent party. Problem is, a majority of this country is tied to the lesser of two evils and an independent will likely never win. Also doesn't help that the independents we had run this past election gave Bush a run for his money in terms of idiocy.

As did most or all of the Republican candidates. Those debates were like a clown car. The only real presidential candidate was Hillary (and maybe Jeb Bush) IMO, and both were flawed of course.

Washington needs to be flushed of all special interest money and lobbyist influence (and news network influence). Drain the swamp, so to speak (and not the way Trump did it, which was apparently to lower the water level in the swamp to fully expose the problem and give them cabinet positions). Perhaps strong term limits on senate and house positions and pay reductions across the board (and stronger oversight on campaign contributions) would get people who actually want to serve the country into office, instead of special interest shills and career politicians.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As did most or all of the Republican candidates. Those debates were like a clown car. The only real presidential candidate was Hillary (and maybe Jeb Bush) IMO, and both were flawed of course.

Washington needs to be flushed of all special interest money and lobbyist influence (and news network influence). Drain the swamp, so to speak (and not the way Trump did it, which was apparently to lower the water level in the swamp to fully expose the problem and give them cabinet positions). Perhaps strong term limits on senate and house positions and pay reductions across the board (and stronger oversight on campaign contributions) would get people who actually want to serve the country into office, instead of special interest shills and career politicians.

I agree. Personally, with Hillary's background, she made me really uneasy. Also, the fact that the Democratic party had to rig the primaries for her didn't help her cause either.

But yeah, our government is a fucking mess. Sad thing is, it's not going to get better. Can you imagine what the 2020 election's going to look like? I've already told people that I wouldn't be surprised if Trump got a 2nd term.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are non-blacks supposed to understand if black folks won't talk to them because they're not black?

And you say Trump is divisive. I can't think of much that's more divisive than refusing to discuss something with someone because they are different from you.

Solid point.

It's almost like some people think....

" If we don't talk about it, maybe it will go away ".

It won't. Things will just get worse.

" Maybe if I clean the house, don't upset him, my husband will stop beating me ".

He won't because it's not about the house being clean. It's about him being a violent sack of shit.

" It's not worth my time to explain something you can never comprehend ".

I can't comprehend it because you won't explain it.

It's a defeatist attitude. But, one that's all too familiar when you feel marginalized, frustrated or powerless.

It's not an excuse nor justification for what he said to Heatles.

But, it is a reason.

With that being said, we can't keep chanting for equality if we constantly set ourselves apart from everyone else based on our skin color.

Many cultures have suffered atrocities throughout time. I'm pretty sure some in Native American Communities in this Country roll their fucking eyes every time they see us sobbing about being disenfranchised.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron spoke quite well I think. This whole situation with sports is interesting. To me the flag should be saluted and athletes should go to the White House if they win. That said Trump is a disaster as president and could go down as the worst president in US history.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about trump is he is a troll. His goal is to divide the country. Im sorry but he had no right going that far with his comments about the nfl and kaep. This is a free country. His comment about firing people for not standing was way over the top.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid point.

It's almost like some people think....

" If we don't talk about it, maybe it will go away ".

It won't. Things will just get worse.

" Maybe if I clean the house, don't upset him, my husband will stop beating me ".

He won't because it's not about the house being clean. It's about him being a violent sack of shit.

" It's not worth my time to explain something you can never comprehend ".

I can't comprehend it because you won't explain it.

It's a defeatist attitude. But, one that's all too familiar when you feel marginalized, frustrated or powerless.

It's not an excuse nor justification for what he said to Heatles.

But, it is a reason.

With that being said, we can't keep chanting for equality if we constantly set ourselves apart from everyone else based on our skin color.

Many cultures have suffered atrocities throughout time. I'm pretty sure some in Native American Communities in this Country roll their fucking eyes every time they see us sobbing about being disenfranchised.

I guess my thing is where are these inequalities coming from that millionaire athletes are talking about. So no one mistakes the context of my previous rant, I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist in this country. I also don't think that 100% of our police force abide by the rules and have the safety of all those regardless of skin color in mind; there's some seriously morally corrupt people in this world, some of which wear a badge. That's just the facts of life that regardless of how you stand on this matter, you'll have to accept.

My thing is, particularly as it related to Kaep's Castro comments that made me go on one side permanently on this. When Kaep defended Castro on a number of subjects, I would see people make comments via various social media platforms backing Kaep and saying things along the lines of Cubans having more freedoms than we do in America. A little background, we couldn't even have this conversation in Cuba because you'd be picked up and put forth in front of a firing squad. Last I checked, that hasn't happened yet.

As far as oppression and inequalities - where exactly is this occurring with the exception of the once in a while run in with the law?

Note: I understand how my tone last night could be perceived as attacking and aggressive. Having said that, I'm more annoyed by those that just whine and cry a lot. This has nothing to do with @bksballer89 as I typically get a long with him via this forum and respect his opinion on a variety of subjects and would like to continue doing so in the near future.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my thing is where are these inequalities coming from that millionaire athletes are talking about. So no one mistakes the context of my previous rant, I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist in this country. I also don't think that 100% of our police force abide by the rules and have the safety of all those regardless of skin color in mind; there's some seriously morally corrupt people in this world, some of which wear a badge. That's just the facts of life that regardless of how you stand on this matter, you'll have to accept.

My thing is, particularly as it related to Kaep's Castro comments that made me go on one side permanently on this. When Kaep defended Castro on a number of subjects, I would see people make comments via various social media platforms backing Kaep and saying things along the lines of Cubans having more freedoms than we do in America. A little background, we couldn't even have this conversation in Cuba because you'd be picked up and put forth in front of a firing squad. Last I checked, that hasn't happened yet.

As far as oppression and inequalities - where exactly is this occurring with the exception of the once in a while run in with the law?

Note: I understand how my tone last night could be perceived as attacking and aggressive. Having said that, I'm more annoyed by those that just whine and cry a lot. This has nothing to do with @bksballer89 as I typically get a long with him via this forum and respect his opinion on a variety of subjects and would like to continue doing so in the near future.
I understand how you both feel.

Look, I am not Team Kaep.

He's a fucking d bag and his pro Castro statements are disgusting.

But, lets be honest....

You feel so strongly about this because it affects you directly because of your fiance * still considering cyber-scratching her eyes out *.

Ditto for BKS and his stance.

He lives this shit everyday.

Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I have a unique perspective on all this shit because I am black, I'm married to someone outside of my race, I worked in law enforcement for 13 years and my husband is retired LAPD.

I see this shit from every side and everyone has a leg to stand on...But, everyone is so fucking dug in that can't acknowledge that we are all right and all totally fucking wrong at the same time.

Well, except the extremist on both sides. They are completely wrong and bat shit crazy.

I don't have a problem with anything either of you said. You are both entitled to your opinions.

This is not me placating or straddling the divider.

I haven't walked in either of your shoes. So, how can I possibly judge your perspective?

Perception = Reality.

If all you see is black people crying the blues for nothing, your reality is we are a bunch of bitches.

If you have had more negative than positive interactions with someone of a different race, not really hard to understand why you think they are all a bunch of sheet wearing, cross burning cowards.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand how you both feel.

Look, I am not Team Kaep.

He's a fucking d bag and his pro Castro statements are disgusting.

But, lets be honest....

You feel so strongly about this because it affects you directly because of your fiance * still considering cyber-scratching her eyes out *.

Ditto for BKS and his stance.

He lives this shit everyday.

Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I have a unique perspective on all this shit because I am black, I'm married to someone outside of my race, I worked in law enforcement for 13 years and my husband is retired LAPD.

I see this shit from every side and everyone has a leg to stand on...But, everyone is so fucking dug in that can't acknowledge that we are all right and all totally fucking wrong at the same time.

Well, except the extremist on both sides. They are completely wrong and bat shit crazy.

I don't have a problem with anything either of you said. You are both entitled to your opinions.

This is not me placating or straddling the divider.

I haven't walked in either of your shoes. So, how can I possibly judge your perspective?

Perception = Reality.

If all you see is black people crying the blues for nothing, your reality is we are a bunch of bitches.

If you have had more negative than positive interactions with someone of a different race, not really hard to understand why you think they are all a bunch of sheet wearing, cross burning cowards.

It's better to just hate everyone regardless of skin color like I do. :D