• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James' White House Tweet

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you took that as a serious comment there's something wrong with you
Of course I took it as a serious comment. So everything you say is just sarcasm?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's better to just hate everyone regardless of skin color like I do. :D
Bingo...I hate equally.

See, this is exactly why I'd let you round all my bases.

* you might be horrified later when I'm the one sliding into home plate*

#EqualityBitches

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall him taking on the NFL, the NBA, etc. before he became president. I also don't recall many folks bashing him before he became president.

I'm not necessarily defending Trump. I think both sides are wrong in this. If I had a say, or could advise Trump...I'd tell him to:

1. Stay the fuck off twitter (I'd probably break his damn phone)

2. Tell him that he needs to publicly apologize for calling players sons of bitches.

3. Tell him to invite 2 or 3 players from each league to the White House to have a discussion on how to put an end to this shit and move forward.
No he didn't bash athletes before hand, but he certainly bashed the contestants in his beauty pageants, and fondled other random women.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Are you telling me that if Lebron, Steph, or any other famous athlete or celeb decided they wanted to bring awareness to an issue they care about that they wouldn't be able to hold a press conference? Or find a reporter willing to interview them?

This started with Kaepernick. He was doing his sitting out the national anthem thing for several games before anyone even noticed and no one knew why he was doing it.
And to this day people have their own interpretation of why he did it, & have run with it. Trump included.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think white people feel comfortable around black people that have attitude towards them like they're some kind of bad cop. There are bad punk cops of all colors. Mostly white. Doesn't mean all white people are like that and it sure as hell doesn't mean soldiers fighting for that flag and that anthem are like that.

This was pretty interesting...

“I don’t know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that’s providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year...when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva told ESPN in 2016.

Pittsburg Steeler Alejandro Villanueva on San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick
Part of one's freedom is to sit or kneel during the national anthem.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come now, bks. It's because it's during the anthem that it's a "big freaking deal" to a lot of people.

For similar type reasons... talking about someone else's momma or woman is particularly bad form. Someone could say it's just sticks and stones ("big freaking deal")... but to a lot of people, you don't disrespect moms or significant others period... that crosses a line.

So yeah, it's only a short period of time... but that is beside the point when it's a matter of respect to a lot of people.
I think the people that have taken offense to these guys kneeling during the national anthem don't have a clear understanding of what freedom & justice for ALL really means. Just as some have the right to feel like the flag deserves the utmost respect, others have the right to feel it represents injustice to some.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of one's freedom is to sit or kneel during the national anthem.

So is the KKK marching in Virginia but that doesn't make it right. Both are too extreme.

Not standing for the national anthem is a bad platform to protest because of a few bad cops. Any athlete that hears that song before playing a game and doesn't feel A sense of pride needs a lesson in respect towards those who have served this country.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the KKK marching in Virginia but that doesn't make it right. Both are too extreme.

Not standing for the national anthem is a bad platform to protest because of a few bad cops. Any athlete that hears that song before playing a game and doesn't feel A sense of pride needs a lesson in respect towards those who have served this country.
No, they're not both extreme. Only one of them is. Kneeling during the national anthem doesn't impose any imminent danger to ANYONE.

The marching of the KKK on the other hand is exactly that because the sole purpose of that march is to incite hate. These two things are COMPLETELY different.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they're not both extreme. Only one of them is. Kneeling during the national anthem doesn't impose any imminent danger to ANYONE.

The marching of the KKK on the other hand is exactly that because the sole purpose of that march is to incite hate. These two things are COMPLETELY different.

Nope. One hates the country they live in, the other hates other races. Pretty sure the KKK marched and attracted other pissed off people as well. A fight escalated. What in THE hell will these players accomplish kneeling? Besides being attention whores? The answer is pissing more people off. Dividing more people.

The common denominator here is pissed off people hatin. Haters. That's the problem

We have football players kneeling, whatever to the national anthem in which we've had so many lives lost so they can make millions of dollars and live in a good country. Not perfect. And they're pissing on it because of a few bad cops. Find something else besides the anthem to use as a platform is all I'm saying. Write a album like NWA did - I'm all for it.

This got started by an attention whore from the Bay area imagine that.

kaepsocks2.jpg

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the people that have taken offense to these guys kneeling during the national anthem don't have a clear understanding of what freedom & justice for ALL really means. Just as some have the right to feel like the flag deserves the utmost respect, others have the right to feel it represents injustice to some.
I wouldn't argue with your or anyone else's "feelings"... that would be kinda ridiculous.

Nor do I or would I claim that folks don't have the right to kneel during the anthem (or any other type of peaceful protest). Of course folks have that right.

---------

Those things being said, I (personally) disagree with dragging the anthem and/or the flag and/or the United States as a whole into the matter.

America ain't perfect (no country is)... but America has been working through issues, improving over time, and making strides. The idea of our nation has allowed for that... for change and positive growth... historically, America is a remarkable nation. Yet, protesters are (as it seems to me) taking a swipe at those things which represent America... as if our country itself was the issue.

I understand frustration... but to throw the anthem and/or flag and/or country under the bus is misguided at best. Frankly, I would categorize such protests as ignorant... showing little to no discernible appreciation for the good things America is founded on and still is. Things that all of our citizens are benefiting from in great ways, even as we speak.

JMO... letting things be real on the internet. And just to have it said explicitly: I could agree that African Americans have legitimate grievances with regards to law enforcement, courts, and related issues.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my thing is where are these inequalities coming from that millionaire athletes are talking about. So no one mistakes the context of my previous rant, I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist in this country. I also don't think that 100% of our police force abide by the rules and have the safety of all those regardless of skin color in mind; there's some seriously morally corrupt people in this world, some of which wear a badge. That's just the facts of life that regardless of how you stand on this matter, you'll have to accept.

My thing is, particularly as it related to Kaep's Castro comments that made me go on one side permanently on this. When Kaep defended Castro on a number of subjects, I would see people make comments via various social media platforms backing Kaep and saying things along the lines of Cubans having more freedoms than we do in America. A little background, we couldn't even have this conversation in Cuba because you'd be picked up and put forth in front of a firing squad. Last I checked, that hasn't happened yet.

As far as oppression and inequalities - where exactly is this occurring with the exception of the once in a while run in with the law?

Note: I understand how my tone last night could be perceived as attacking and aggressive. Having said that, I'm more annoyed by those that just whine and cry a lot. This has nothing to do with @bksballer89 as I typically get a long with him via this forum and respect his opinion on a variety of subjects and would like to continue doing so in the near future.

The inequalities exist in the lives of your average Joe - and on occasion with black athletes. Michael Bennett is the latest example of this. The cop that interacted w/ Bennett had no clue who he was -therefore- the result was a gun shoved in his face followed by threats of losing his life DISPITE him cooperating with the orders given. THAT is what every black man I know has experienced at LEAST once in their lives - many multiple times. This is even happening to youth black kids (male & female). So many of these cases have made national news with no consequence- even after it had been determined that the victim often times did nothing wrong.

Oppression is happening right in front of our very eyes with Kap. He is being demonized in some cases because he chose to shed light on police brutality by taking a knee. There are people (the POTUS leading the pack) calling for NFL team owners to "fire" their guys that kneel and don't salute the flag. Keep in mind, there is no law against not saluting the flag during the national anthem. If that isn't oppression then what is?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. One hates the country they live in, the other hates other races. Pretty sure the KKK marched and attracted other pissed off people as well. A fight escalated. What in THE hell will these players accomplish kneeling? Besides being attention whores? The answer is pissing more people off. Dividing more people.

The common denominator here is pissed off people hatin. Haters. That's the problem

We have football players kneeling, whatever to the national anthem in which we've had so many lives lost so they can make millions of dollars and live in a good country. Not perfect. And they're pissing on it because of a few bad cops. Find something else besides the anthem to use as a platform is all I'm saying. Write a album like NWA did - I'm all for it.

This got started by an attention whore from the Bay area imagine that.

kaepsocks2.jpg
So asking for equality equates to "hating the country they live in"?? You are clueless in this situation.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't argue with your or anyone else's "feelings"... that would be kinda ridiculous.

Nor do I or would I claim that folks don't have the right to kneel during the anthem (or any other type of peaceful protest). Of course folks have that right.

---------

Those things being said, I (personally) disagree with dragging the anthem and/or the flag and/or the United States as a whole into the matter.

America ain't perfect (no country is)... but America has been working through issues, improving over time, and making strides. The idea of our nation has allowed for that... for change and positive growth... historically, America is a remarkable nation. Yet, protesters are (as it seems to me) taking a swipe at those things which represent America... as if our country itself was the issue.

I understand frustration... but to throw the anthem and/or flag and/or country under the bus is misguided at best. Frankly, I would categorize such protests as ignorant... showing little to no discernible appreciation for the good things America is founded on and still is. Things that all of our citizens are benefiting from in great ways, even as we speak.

JMO... letting things be real on the internet. And just to have it said explicitly: I could agree that African Americans have legitimate grievances with regards to law enforcement, courts, and related issues.
Maybe America represents all of those things to you - but clearly doesn't represent those things to the guys that are protesting.

Out of curiosity, have you been assaulted or mistreated by someone in law enforcement? I'm not sure someone can understand that perspective if they haven't experienced it first hand.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So asking for equality equates to "hating the country they live in"?? You are clueless in this situation.

How does one get Equality? Let's think about it.. You think I'm gonna get equality white or black, when a guy that looks just like me just ripped off a gas station and later down the road when the cop asks me to stop, I give him some serious attitude? You think over 90% of cops roll out of bed and want to kill someone? I'd bet most don't want to kill anyone and want a nice, easy patrol for their shift. But hoodlems gonna hoodlem.

It's your way or the highway which is a big part of the problem. It's extreme everywhere you look. Look at our politics -- 2 sides of extremism and 1 president with a tweeter fetish.

Clueless is pissing on the flag of the country you live while making million of dollars because of a few bad cops. I've respected both sides of the argument and feel the need to expose bad cops is real, just find another platform. There are people out there in there 20s and 30s with 1 leg or 1 arm because they served the flag and our country. And these people that play a game are worried about a few bad cops?

Well boo fucking hoo

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The inequalities exist in the lives of your average Joe - and on occasion with black athletes. Michael Bennett is the latest example of this. The cop that interacted w/ Bennett had no clue who he was -therefore- the result was a gun shoved in his face followed by threats of losing his life DISPITE him cooperating with the orders given. THAT is what every black man I know has experienced at LEAST once in their lives - many multiple times. This is even happening to youth black kids (male & female). So many of these cases have made national news with no consequence- even after it had been determined that the victim often times did nothing wrong.

Oppression is happening right in front of our very eyes with Kap. He is being demonized in some cases because he chose to shed light on police brutality by taking a knee. There are people (the POTUS leading the pack) calling for NFL team owners to "fire" their guys that kneel and don't salute the flag. Keep in mind, there is no law against not saluting the flag during the national anthem. If that isn't oppression then what is?

I had a gun pulled on me when I was driving like a pissed off teenager at the wonderful age of 19 years old in Narranja, FL. by a black undercover cop. Not that I didn't deserve to get pulled over, because I did. I don't think the situation warranted a gun at my face.

I've had this interaction with friends of mine that are black in college. Those that I grew up with understand that South of Miami in the Naranja/Goulds/Perrine/Homestead/Florida City area know that color doesn't matter - cops are just assholes down there.

Reactions: LAD

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe America represents all of those things to you - but clearly doesn't represent those things to the guys that are protesting.
Again: I wouldn't argue against anyone's "perception."
LAD said:
Out of curiosity, have you been assaulted or mistreated by someone in law enforcement? I'm not sure someone can understand that perspective if they haven't experienced it first hand.
Never assaulted, no.

As a teenager / 20-something I could say that I was probably targeted while driving... pulled over because of my age, that is. I wouldn't call that "harassment", necessarily. Happened multiple times, though... and the cops were clearly fishing (IMO).

I did start a thread recently about an experience this summer I had while on vacation in Florida...

http://www.sportshoop.la/threads/is...d-unattended-in-the-car.236848/#post-10303260

^ Really felt mistreated in that one... but no significant repercussion resulted.

----------

Anywho, I'll again reiterate that I believe AA's have legitimate grievances. So that's not the issue for me... it's the form of the protest that I would say is misguided.

Reactions: LAD