• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James' White House Tweet

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One man vs hundreds if not thousands of athletes. And you can't see who's in the wrong here?

It's not one man vs. thousands of athletes though. There are literally thousands of fans who disagree with these protests.

In fact, based on what I've read and seen, it seems more fans are against these protests than in favor of them.

So, by the logic in your post, that makes Trump right. So neener, neener. :heh:

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Football is mostly dependent on coaching compared to a sport like basketball where talent wins out.

It has similar impact.

There are a couple guys like Belichick who are legit difference makers. There are a few bad ones. Most are very replaceable. Obviously Johnson was replaceable since they won a Super Bowl the year they replaced him. I guarantee you they would not have won had they lost Aikman.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised LeBron has time to tweet while he scours the earth for the guy who spray painted the racist words on his gate that no one has seen......in an area with mansions that all have day night security cameras, but no one has footage of. I bet it was the guy who actually killed Nicole Brown Simpson. He knows how to get in and out of that area without being seen.

:trash:

Now that OJ's getting out, maybe they can team up and find him? :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do it during the national anthem because it is the only time they can have a peaceful/silent protest on a public stage.

I disagree. Are you telling me that if Lebron, Steph, or any other famous athlete or celeb decided they wanted to bring awareness to an issue they care about that they wouldn't be able to hold a press conference? Or find a reporter willing to interview them?

This started with Kaepernick. He was doing his sitting out the national anthem thing for several games before anyone even noticed and no one knew why he was doing it.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to waste my time having this conversation with someone who isn't black. It is honestly a waste of my time. You will never walk in our shoes or understand what blacks go through on a daily when it comes to racial injustice.

How are non-blacks supposed to understand if black folks won't talk to them because they're not black?

And you say Trump is divisive. I can't think of much that's more divisive than refusing to discuss something with someone because they are different from you.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are non-blacks supposed to understand if black folks won't talk to them because they're not black?

And you say Trump is divisive. I can't think of much that's more divisive than refusing to discuss something with someone because they are different from you.

I don't think white people feel comfortable around black people that have attitude towards them like they're some kind of bad cop. There are bad punk cops of all colors. Mostly white. Doesn't mean all white people are like that and it sure as hell doesn't mean soldiers fighting for that flag and that anthem are like that.

This was pretty interesting...

“I don’t know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that’s providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year...when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva told ESPN in 2016.

Pittsburg Steeler Alejandro Villanueva on San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had this discussion far too often in general (not just on SportsHoopla) and very rarely does it go anywhere

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess burning down shit and starting riots would be better? Never seen a country like this. Bitching about a SILENT protest that last what? 1-2 minutes once a week for 4 months. Big freaking deal.
Come now, bks. It's because it's during the anthem that it's a "big freaking deal" to a lot of people.

For similar type reasons... talking about someone else's momma or woman is particularly bad form. Someone could say it's just sticks and stones ("big freaking deal")... but to a lot of people, you don't disrespect moms or significant others period... that crosses a line.

So yeah, it's only a short period of time... but that is beside the point when it's a matter of respect to a lot of people.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had this discussion far too often in general (not just on SportsHoopla) and very rarely does it go anywhere
I do not mean this disrespectfully... (to the extent that I even know you, you've been a great poster on this B-ball message board)... so, honestly, no disrespect:

But there are two sides to every conversation, and perhaps the fact that things don't work out for you here isn't totally on the other party?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
45 is back tweeting about the nfl again. 3 tweets early this morning. Absolute tool

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just has this whole dictatorship mentality about him. I don't think he understands what the first amendment even means

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no his bashing & attacking of people has been going on well before he took office.

NYC and New Jersey know his act
Then the intent is wrong. Just as saying that folks who have actually sacrificed for this country lack a functioning brain is also wrong.

I was actually going to give you the benefit of the doubt and figured that was not your intent. Since it clearly was your intent, I'll refrain from anymore discussion with you.

The only reason I have allowed this thread to continue is because it hasn't devolved into the bullshit we see in the politics forum and figured that it gives us a place to have a civil discussion.

However, considering my father both served and was a police officer and that I have 2 aunts, a cousin, a best friend and family of another close friend, who all served. I can't really stay civil with someone who thinks they lack a functioning brain.

You're falling for the red herring argument in all of this. None of this is about the troops or all police; it's about equal treatment under law for people of all races, and the right under law to protest when those rights are violated. The good police need to weed the bad element (and/or woefully under-trained or under-qualified) from their ranks.

Obviously my inflammatory statement about not having a functioning brain was over the top, and unfortunately it led you right back to a red herring argument that has nothing to do with the true topic at hand. I apologize for that as it doesn't help anything and actually hurts my intent. The protests are supposed to be a distraction from the normal football day, as they are intended to spark discussion of the topic at hand. Unfortunately, too many people are deflecting from that topic as they are either don't want to acknowledge the actual issue at hand, or are allowing themselves to be herded away to the red herring topic.

Reactions: LAD