• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James' White House Tweet

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do it during the national anthem because it is the only time they can have a peaceful/silent protest on a public stage. Any other form of protest they choose to do would be a distraction to their team. Also the end goal is obvious if you took 10 seconds to do a little research. A lot of these guys are doing great work behind the scenes that never gets talked about as they work towards that end goal.

I disagree. There's plenty of other opportunities to do a protest. Also, why not help out more in your community? Why not address black-on-black crime that goes on in cities like Detroit, Chicago, Memphis, etc. that claims the lives of thousands of black men. I don't know how any other form of protest would be a distraction to their teams.

Since it only takes 10 seconds to do research on the matter, I'd like for you to explain it to me; because from my understanding everyone's having a tit fit about police brutality against unharmed black men. Can someone help me out then why there were more white deaths by the hands of police in 2015/2016?

A lot of guys do great work behind the scenes - do we have links? Again, what is the end goal?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. There's plenty of other opportunities to do a protest. Also, why not help out more in your community? Why not address black-on-black crime that goes on in cities like Detroit, Chicago, Memphis, etc. that claims the lives of thousands of black men. I don't know how any other form of protest would be a distraction to their teams.

Since it only takes 10 seconds to do research on the matter, I'd like for you to explain it to me; because from my understanding everyone's having a tit fit about police brutality against unharmed black men. Can someone help me out then why there were more white deaths by the hands of police in 2015/2016?

A lot of guys do great work behind the scenes - do we have links? Again, what is the end goal?

Not going to waste my time having this conversation with someone who isn't black. It is honestly a waste of my time. You will never walk in our shoes or understand what blacks go through on a daily when it comes to racial injustice. Also if you don't think talking about it to the media before or after practice and/or games would be a distraction then you're just not very smart or voicing your displeasure on social networks would create a distraction to your team then I don't know what to tell you. The distraction would be obvious. Your teammates and coaches would have to constantly answer questions about comments a player may have made.

Guess burning down shit and starting riots would be better? Never seen a country like this. Bitching about a SILENT protest that last what? 1-2 minutes once a week for 4 months. Big freaking deal.

And once again you have access to the internet. The work that Kaep, the bennett brothers, and Malcom Jenkins does is incredible. You can find it yourself. I'm not here to do work for you. If I want to find out something then I search for it. Doesn't take 10 seconds.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also just an FYI, not all of these protest are due to police brutality. Doing some research on each individual reason for protest would help. Michael Bennett protest doesn't have anything to do with the cops. It HAS everything to do with what happened in Virginia

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to waste my time having this conversation with someone who isn't black. It is honestly a waste of my time. You will never walk in our shoes or understand what blacks go through on a daily when it comes to racial injustice. Also if you don't think talking about it to the media before or after practice and/or games would be a distraction then you're just not very smart or voicing your displeasure on social networks would create a distraction to your team then I don't know what to tell you. The distraction would be obvious. Your teammates and coaches would have to constantly answer questions about comments a player may have made.

Guess burning down shit and starting riots would be better? Never seen a country like this. Bitching about a SILENT protest that last what? 1-2 minutes once a week for 4 months. Big freaking deal.

And once again you have access to the internet. The work that Kaep, the bennett brothers, and Malcom Jenkins does is incredible. You can find it yourself. I'm not here to do work for you. If I want to find out something then I search for it. Doesn't take 10 seconds.

You can spare me. I grew up in Homestead, FL. Do research on what the breakdown of race is over there. In middle school, I was jumped frequently for being white and got called "cracker". Even in my early teen years, I never attributed it to systematic racism because I knew some people were just plain ignorant.

That's where you tend to lose people. I'm white and my fiance is Cuban. The very guy you back had no problems backing a dictator (Fidel Castro) and praised him basically on how he ran the country. When it came time to exercise the very rights that every American has, he chose to not even fucking vote.

Not going to waste my time having this conversation with someone who hasn't served in the military. It is honestly a waste of my time. I've lost close friends who fought for the very rights that the flag represents. There are other ways to protest. Growing up in South Florida, I've seen racism in many forms. I just don't have a big tit fit about it. Racism in this country still exists and it sucks. But to act like this is the 1960's or even back to the slavery days is a slap in the face to what people had to go through back then.

There's two sides to this debate and neither is right. So we're clear.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also just an FYI, not all of these protest are due to police brutality. Doing some research on each individual reason for protest would help. Michael Bennett protest doesn't have anything to do with the cops. It HAS everything to do with what happened in Virginia

That's great. A bunch of racist assholes got into it with another bunch of racist assholes. That's what Virginia was to me.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can spare me. I grew up in Homestead, FL. Do research on what the breakdown of race is over there. In middle school, I was jumped frequently for being white and got called "cracker". Even in my early teen years, I never attributed it to systematic racism because I knew some people were just plain ignorant.

That's where you tend to lose people. I'm white and my fiance is Cuban. The very guy you back had no problems backing a dictator (Fidel Castro) and praised him basically on how he ran the country. When it came time to exercise the very rights that every American has, he chose to not even fucking vote.

Not going to waste my time having this conversation with someone who hasn't served in the military. It is honestly a waste of my time. I've lost close friends who fought for the very rights that the flag represents. There are other ways to protest. Growing up in South Florida, I've seen racism in many forms. I just don't have a big tit fit about it. Racism in this country still exists and it sucks. But to act like this is the 1960's or even back to the slavery days is a slap in the face to what people had to go through back then.

There's two sides to this debate and neither is right. So we're clear.
3 sides....

Your side ( not literally), My side ( again, not literally ) and the truth.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but boo hoo. People should be offended; the intent is to draw attention to huge issues with race relations involving the police forces of this country. People who fought for this country also fought for the freedom of speech, the freedom to protest, and all men being created equal. If that momentarily interrupts your enjoyment of a game, that IS the intent.

Then the intent is wrong. Just as saying that folks who have actually sacrificed for this country lack a functioning brain is also wrong.

I was actually going to give you the benefit of the doubt and figured that was not your intent. Since it clearly was your intent, I'll refrain from anymore discussion with you.

The only reason I have allowed this thread to continue is because it hasn't devolved into the bullshit we see in the politics forum and figured that it gives us a place to have a civil discussion.

However, considering my father both served and was a police officer and that I have 2 aunts, a cousin, a best friend and family of another close friend, who all served. I can't really stay civil with someone who thinks they lack a functioning brain.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate admitting it but I've always liked LeBron off the court. Seems like a pretty solid guy. Just thought it was funny with the "U Bum". LOL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no his bashing & attacking of people has been going on well before he took office.

I don't recall him taking on the NFL, the NBA, etc. before he became president. I also don't recall many folks bashing him before he became president.

I'm not necessarily defending Trump. I think both sides are wrong in this. If I had a say, or could advise Trump...I'd tell him to:

1. Stay the fuck off twitter (I'd probably break his damn phone)

2. Tell him that he needs to publicly apologize for calling players sons of bitches.

3. Tell him to invite 2 or 3 players from each league to the White House to have a discussion on how to put an end to this shit and move forward.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall him taking on the NFL, the NBA, etc. before he became president. I also don't recall many folks bashing him before he became president.

I'm not necessarily defending Trump. I think both sides are wrong in this. If I had a say, or could advise Trump...I'd tell him to:

2. Tell him that he needs to publicly apologize for calling players sons of bitches.

3. Tell him to invite 2 or 3 players from each league to the White House to have a discussion on how to put an end to this shit and move forward.

I agree with all of this. Trump's a clown and as soon as he said that, I knew that would trigger everyone. Granted, NFL players on the field call each other much worst than son of a bitch.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe once you've been you'd have a different perspective?

Of going to the White House? Doubtful. I'd honestly consider it an honor and show up every single time, no matter who was in office.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Agree. The twitter thing is just horrible. I saw something that said he had 16 tweets on the NFL/anthem this weekend and 0 on the hurricane Puerto Rico. That looks terrible.

2) Yep but he has too much pride to ever do that.

3) That sounds good and all but I feel like it would go in one ear and out the other. It would seem positive at first then two weeks later he'll forget it even took place

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of going to the White House? Doubtful. I'd honestly consider it an honor and show up every single time, no matter who was in office.

I thought Bush was the worst president we'd ever have (that's including Trump). But shit, if I still got to go to the White House......I'm down.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that the Cowboys decide to protest tonight as a team. Jones is bluffing. A man who signs wife beaters is not cutting a prominent player over an anthem protest. If the player sucks, then sure. Dak, Zeke, etc can do what they want.

It would definitely be interesting to see if any of his players called his bluff. I missed the start of the game...did anyone do it?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would definitely be interesting to see if any of his players called his bluff. I missed the start of the game...did anyone do it?

Whole team including Jerry Jones did it. Talk is cheap.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Agree. The twitter thing is just horrible. I saw something that said he had 16 tweets on the NFL/anthem this weekend and 0 on the hurricane Puerto Rico. That looks terrible.

2) Yep but he has too much pride to ever do that.

3) That sounds good and all but I feel like it would go in one ear and out the other. It would seem positive at first then two weeks later he'll forget it even took place

1. Yeah, that needs to stop.

2. Agree

3. I'm not so sure. Obviously, I have never met the man, let alone sat in on any kind of a meeting with him. However, from what I've heard, he is quite different in those meeting than he is in public. Apparently, he actually does listen and if he is told something he didn't know or understand, he will admit it and have someone gather the info for him so he can look into it.

However, for him to get to point #3, he would have to start with point #2 and, as you said, that's not happening.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OP just doesnt like LeBron and is trying to bring him down.