• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James' White House Tweet

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a gun pulled on me when I was driving like a pissed off teenager at the wonderful age of 19 years old in Narranja, FL. by a black undercover cop. Not that I didn't deserve to get pulled over, because I did. I don't think the situation warranted a gun at my face.

I've had this interaction with friends of mine that are black in college. Those that I grew up with understand that South of Miami in the Naranja/Goulds/Perrine/Homestead/Florida City area know that color doesn't matter - cops are just assholes down there.

Man I got smacked around by some cops in my late teens early 20s. Still avoid them when I can but if I can get to know them.. Good for me. Some were assholes back then, some of which I deserved. Cops don't play down in South FL -- they can't afford to.

Imagine being a cop for a minute. Especially in a major city. Especially if you're going home to kids every night/day. We tend to be forgiving of soldiers that come home with PTSD from war, but cops that go into serious ghettos every week -- we expect them to be normal?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I got smacked around by some cops in my late teens early 20s. Still avoid them when I can but if I can get to know them.. Good for me. Some were assholes back then, some of which I deserved. Cops don't play down in South FL -- they can't afford to.

Imagine being a cop for a minute. Especially in a major city. Especially if you're going home to kids every night/day. We tend to be forgiving of soldiers that come home with PTSD from war, but cops that go into serious ghettos every week -- we expect them to be normal?

I don't disagree. I knew the cop was in the wrong, but if you've ever driven through the Goulds/Naranja area which is where I got pulled over, you wouldn't mess around either. That and I had tints on my car at the time, so in some respects I understand why I had a gun right at my head.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does one get Equality? Let's think about it.. You think I'm gonna get equality white or black, when a guy that looks just like me just ripped off a gas station and later down the road when the cop asks me to stop, I give him some serious attitude? You think over 90% of cops roll out of bed and want to kill someone? I'd bet most don't want to kill anyone and want a nice, easy patrol for their shift. But hoodlems gonna hoodlem.

It's your way or the highway which is a big part of the problem. It's extreme everywhere you look. Look at our politics -- 2 sides of extremism and 1 president with a tweeter fetish.

Clueless is pissing on the flag of the country you live while making million of dollars because of a few bad cops. I've respected both sides of the argument and feel the need to expose bad cops is real, just find another platform. There are people out there in there 20s and 30s with 1 leg or 1 arm because they served the flag and our country. And these people that play a game are worried about a few bad cops?

Well boo fucking hoo
Do you even know what equality is? Not all black people are hoodlums with serious attitude. That is YOUR misconception that many like you share in common. What these protestors are asking for is not to have guns immediately drawn on them in a traffic stop. How many white people have been drawn on while being stopped? How many of them have lost their lives for no reason at all? Don't worry, I can wait while you try to figure that out. The point you're missing is that this is happening to people WHO HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG.

It is NOT my way or the highway. Another misconception you have. The protest is simply to draw attention to THE BAD APPLES THAT ABUSE THEIR POWER. What is wrong with that? Who are you to determine what is a good setting to protest? The real truth is people don't like when others protest - because it forces people to pay attention to a cause they may not care much about or even think needs attention.

And lastly, no one pissed on the flag. It is the right of EVERY American citizen to NOT salute the flag if they so choose. It is NOT your place to judge them for it. Our vets didn't serve our country in support of a hollow flag - they did it to protect our FREEDOMS. That means freedom of speech & freedom to have differences in opinions. The right to NOT be harassed, or assaulted by those that took an oath to serve & protect - regardless of their religion, race or creed.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the right of EVERY American citizen to NOT salute the flag if they so choose.
Again, totally concede this point. And just to say: no one here is really arguing this point.
LAD said:
It is NOT your place to judge them for it.
Here, I have a bone to pick.

Yeah, I can judge 'em. That's my right. And I'll stand by the words I've already written on why I judge this situation the way I do.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, totally concede this point. And just to say: no one here is really arguing this point.

Yeah, I can judge 'em. That's my right. And I'll stand by the words I've already written on why I judge this situation the way I do.
I disagree. You have a right to disagree with their cause or reason of protest, but not to judge. There isn't one perfect person alive - therefore how can you judge?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even know what equality is? Not all black people are hoodlums with serious attitude. That is YOUR misconception that many like you share in common. What these protestors are asking for is not to have guns immediately drawn on them in a traffic stop. How many white people have been drawn on while being stopped? How many of them have lost their lives for no reason at all? Don't worry, I can wait while you try to figure that out. The point you're missing is that this is happening to people WHO HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG.

It is NOT my way or the highway. Another misconception you have. The protest is simply to draw attention to THE BAD APPLES THAT ABUSE THEIR POWER. What is wrong with that? Who are you to determine what is a good setting to protest? The real truth is people don't like when others protest - because it forces people to pay attention to a cause they may not care much about or even think needs attention.

And lastly, no one pissed on the flag. It is the right of EVERY American citizen to NOT salute the flag if they so choose. It is NOT your place to judge them for it. Our vets didn't serve our country in support of a hollow flag - they did it to protect our FREEDOMS. That means freedom of speech & freedom to have differences in opinions. The right to NOT be harassed, or assaulted by those that took an oath to serve & protect - regardless of their religion, race or creed.

:L Did I say all black people are hoodlems with attitude? Here lies another big problem -- drawing conclusions that just are not there along with some over-sensitivity. I would imagine getting a gun in your face by a cop depends on 3 things: 1) what you did to trigger the cop and 2) where you are at -- in a rough area, etc and 3) what kind of mood the cop is in

"It is the right of every american to not salute the flag if they so choose".... Also the right of the KKK to march and protest as well. Is this what we want? NO

I've tried to look at both sides of the coin. Some people are just gonna find something to be offended by these days.

I guess crying about it, drawing attention to it... Seems to be only helping the cause of finding something else to be offended by. When does it stop? :lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember watching the Undisputed show with Skip and Shannon yesterday. They were arguing against the Steelers LT that decided to go out on his own and stand for the pledge of allegiance. They vilified him for it saying he should've stayed in the locker room with his team, regardless of him being a former US Army Range who had served 3 combat tours in Afghanistan and earned the Bronze Star.

So it goes back to the 1st Amendment and the consequences of it. You're free to stand, sit, kneel for the pledge; but you're not immune to the criticism that comes with it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. You have a right to disagree with their cause or reason of protest, but not to judge. There isn't one perfect person alive - therefore how can you judge?
I think we are thinking of the word "judge" in different ways...

To be clear, I am not thinking of the word "judge" in terms of condemning anyone. Rather, I am using the word "judge" as in using my own good judgement to evaluate a matter and come to a conclusion about it.

Hope that clarifies. I have a right to my opinion on the matter... and I think my opinion is a solid one, I'll stand on what I've already written there.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L I would imagine getting a gun in your face by a cop depends on 3 things: 1) what you did to trigger the cop and 2) where you are at -- in a rough area, etc and 3) what kind of mood the cop is in

"It is the right of every american to not salute the flag if they so choose".... Also the right of the KKK to march and protest as well. Is this what we want? NO

I've tried to look at both sides of the coin. Some people are just gonna find something to be offended by these days.

I guess crying about it, drawing attention to it... Seems to be only helping the cause of finding something else to be offended by. When does it stop? :lol:
This is clearly a waste of time. I've told you already a few times that I'm talking about people that HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG.

In relation to your KKK comparison, Trump along with others had no problem with that rally, but this protest has their panties all in a bunch. Have you wondered why?

Clearly there are some people who shouldn't be cops. That's the last I'm going to say about it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are thinking of the word "judge" in different ways...

To be clear, I am not thinking of the word "judge" in terms of condemning anyone. Rather, I am using the word "judge" as in using my own good judgement to evaluate a matter and come to a conclusion about it.

Hope that clarifies. I have a right to my opinion on the matter... and I think my opinion is a solid one, I'll stand on what I've already written there.
Yep, certainly clarifies for me.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, certainly clarifies for me.
I've had to make that same clarification while defending the right of a Christian to make certain judgments about the world...

I ain't condemning, I'm just using the brain God gave me... :nod:

And that's something I try to keep in mind here, too... there are legitimate grievances and frustrations, so I get the desire to protest. I just disagree with the form of the protest.

But I understand there are reasons... so I don't condemn folks in this case. No.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is clearly a waste of time. I've told you already a few times that I'm talking about people that HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG.

In relation to your KKK comparison, Trump along with others had no problem with that rally, but this protest has their panties all in a bunch. Have you wondered why?

Clearly there are some people who shouldn't be cops. That's the last I'm going to say about it.

Clearly. Here's Trump having "no problem" with the KKK rally.

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,” the president said in a statement to reporters at the White House.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly. Here's Trump having "no problem" with the KKK rally.

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,” the president said in a statement to reporters at the White House.
You can't be serious. He only made those comments AFTER he was ridiculed by the media & members of Congress for several days.

His father had a direct involvement with the KKK - that to many- explains his disposition.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be serious. He only made those comments AFTER he was ridiculed by the media & members of Congress for several days.

His father had a direct involvement with the KKK - that to many- explains his disposition.

The media ridiculing? Congressmen being political? GTFO

Whatever the case you have 2 parties at 2 extremes accomplishing nothing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. You can judge him but you can't tell jom what to do which is unfortunately what 45 is attempting to do.

I must say nfl players are so fake. These guys were never behind kaep protest outside of a couple but now because trump called him a sob, all these fake players want to act like they're with kaep. So fake man

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. You can judge him but you can't tell jom what to do which is unfortunately what 45 is attempting to do.

I must say nfl players are so fake. These guys were never behind kaep protest outside of a couple but now because trump called him a sob, all these fake players want to act like they're with kaep. So fake man

Ding ding ding

On top of that, I found guys like Lesean McCoy who thought it was a great idea to do stretching and calisthenics during the national anthem disrespectful as shit. I would imagine that does the exact opposite of what those with a legitimate agenda are trying to accomplish. Guys like McCoy do this for attention.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, you can include NBA players in this list as well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have had a few cops who had an attitude when they approached me, but I have always cooperated and answered their questions straight and didn't try to fight them. One thing I have learned by careful observation is when they tell you to stand in one place and don't move - They mean it and if you don't comply - they are going to assume the worst about you and bad things are going to happen. I have also learned how to diffuse their attitude and calm them down which is something I had not learned when I was 21 years old. It is all in how you play the game.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shannon Sharpe hit the nail right on the head when he said most of these guys only care about their bottom line.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hi LAD! Kobina Smushelle is just getting cuter!

I'm no Trump guy (To say the least) and didn't vote for him but those comments were taken a bit out of context. He was referring to some of the people trying to prevent the statutes from being pulled down in the park that night, not the actual marchers whose march was actually scheduled for the next day.

And for those who believe the Nazis and Klan weren't breaking the law during their little tiki torch march you're wrong. They had a permit for the next day, not that night so when they converged on that park it was an unlawful gathering.