• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron James says the NBPA 'going backwards' right now

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sweat it, I figured about as much - it's just so funny to see Sman get all worked up over little things and Billy Hunter was forcebly removed before Fisher's term ended. In fact most people thought that Fisher would be forced out and be used as a scape goat after the the new cba was signed. I know Stephen A Smith thought Fisher was out of his league and that Hunter would blame him for the entire debacle. Fisher, however proved to be much smarter then Hunter - :lol:

The Fisher thing always confused me. He was actually opposed to Hunter and was basically telling everyone Hunter is corrupt, he doesn't have the players' interests in mind, etc yet he caught a ton of heat over it. I know he didn't handle himself publicly well with some statements but I largely thought his reasonings were justified and more players should listen up.

As for the discussion above on owner profits, I'll just say I wouldn't believe anything any owner says about not making a profit or struggling to make a profit. There's a 99% chance they're flat out lying. Just a simple thought when you read stuff like that, remember what the Kings sold for. The NBA, during the lockout, said the franchise was in terrible shape and if the new CBA terms weren't met, could go under because its a small market and that it could still go under even with new terms. Did that stop two billionaires from actively throwing money at that franchise? No. No businessman would ever buy something they would stand a very large chance at losing money on. And its not just the Kings, lots of teams have been sold over the last decade for healthy prices. That's what the lockout goes back to. Those owners wanted to ensure LARGER profits for their investment, and they used "league parity" as an excuse to take revenues from the players. The teams made profits before, but you still had to work some for it. Now they are in position to make larger profits, with little effort.

jake_rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not going backwards, they're just going nowhere.

They should have contracted at least 4 teams, maybe 6. PEDs help prop up the thinned out talent. It may never change. New PEDs will be at least one step ahead of any testing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fisher thing always confused me. He was actually opposed to Hunter and was basically telling everyone Hunter is corrupt, he doesn't have the players' interests in mind, etc yet he caught a ton of heat over it. I know he didn't handle himself publicly well with some statements but I largely thought his reasonings were justified and more players should listen up.

As for the discussion above on owner profits, I'll just say I wouldn't believe anything any owner says about not making a profit or struggling to make a profit. There's a 99% chance they're flat out lying. Just a simple thought when you read stuff like that, remember what the Kings sold for. The NBA, during the lockout, said the franchise was in terrible shape and if the new CBA terms weren't met, could go under because its a small market and that it could still go under even with new terms. Did that stop two billionaires from actively throwing money at that franchise? No. No businessman would ever buy something they would stand a very large chance at losing money on. And its not just the Kings, lots of teams have been sold over the last decade for healthy prices. That's what the lockout goes back to. Those owners wanted to ensure LARGER profits for their investment, and they used "league parity" as an excuse to take revenues from the players. The teams made profits before, but you still had to work some for it. Now they are in position to make larger profits, with little effort.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing owners who claim that they don't make money. If their franchise loses money, it is because it's a poorly run franchise.

People talk about teams like the Lakers and Yankees "buying championships" by simply outspending other teams. However, both of those teams have proven the adage that you have to "spend money to make money"!! Championships teams are profitable. They are profitable because when you are a championship team people want to see you play and they want to wear your gear.

There is a reason that even lousy teams with lousy attendance get above average attendance and even sellouts when teams like the Lakers, Celtics and now the Heat come to town and why those teams are televised nationally more than other teams. Whether you love these teams and are watching to see them win or hate them and watching to see them lose, you are still watching.