• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ is better than kobe

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Kobe was the better player, MVP is based more on your team's record and the individual's image.

I agree and I believe that is why Kobe didn't win it!! It's like 2011 when Matt Kemp lost the MVP to Ryan Braun!! Even though Kemp had better overall statistics, the Brewers made the playoffs while the Dodgers went 82-79!! Different sport, but the MVP voting seems to go the same way regardless of the sport!!

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I believe that is why Kobe didn't win it!! It's like 2011 when Matt Kemp lost the MVP to Ryan Braun!! Even though Kemp had better overall statistics, the Brewers made the playoffs while the Dodgers went 82-79!! Different sport, but the MVP voting seems to go the same way regardless of the sport!!

It's pretty hard to be valuable to a team that doesn't win more than 30% of the games it plays...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Lebron's case, what amazes me is that no one was able to pull him aside and say: "Ya know, dumping a whole fanbase on national television might not be the best PR move"!! Kobe's thing was more likely a dumb decision that was made "in the moment"!! Lebron's was a dumb decision that had most likely been planned for weeks!!

I am pretty sure ESPN put him up to this to a point. The fact that all proceeds went to charity get lost and ESPN really stabbed him in the back. I doubt he trusts them again, even Dwight sent his decision to USA sports iirc.

I think that a big part of the reason that Lebron's faux pas hasn't died down that quickly is because he kept talking about it, kept trying to defend it and as a result, kept making himself look worse!! He still responds to the "haters" every once in a while which only serves the purpose of dragging it back up again!!

I kind of think him acknowledging the haters helps him. In a way it humanizes every one involved and I think we all have been hated for no reason* at one time or another. It also says whatever, I am just happy to be where I am.

I totally agree he should have just said "that was for charity, end of story" and dropped it.

*or at least no reason we could ever fathom :D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think him acknowledging the haters helps him. In a way it humanizes every one involved and I think we all have been hated for no reason* at one time or another. It also says whatever, I am just happy to be where I am.

I totally agree he should have just said "that was for charity, end of story" and dropped it.

*or at least no reason we could ever fathom :D

I agree about ESPN and don't blame Lebron one iota if he no longer trusts them!! I think, however, that one of his people should have looked at that and maybe re-thought it!!

Having said that, what ESPN did was douchebaggery of the highest level in my opinion. While someone in Lebron's camp should have realized that The Decision could have turned out badly for him, as soon as the backlash started, ESPN joined in on it rather than defend him. If ESPN had come out and said: "Look, this was our idea, we thought it would be a cool thing to do and the money all went to charity", then I think it would have quieted alot of it down. Instead, they actually joined in on the criticism!!

I see your point about him talking about haters, but it doesn't seem to be working for him. Every time he responds, it seems to just stir it back up and gets everyone talking about it again!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about ESPN and don't blame Lebron one iota if he no longer trusts them!! I think, however, that one of his people should have looked at that and maybe re-thought it!!

Having said that, what ESPN did was douchebaggery of the highest level in my opinion. While someone in Lebron's camp should have realized that The Decision could have turned out badly for him, as soon as the backlash started, ESPN joined in on it rather than defend him. If ESPN had come out and said: "Look, this was our idea, we thought it would be a cool thing to do and the money all went to charity", then I think it would have quieted alot of it down. Instead, they actually joined in on the criticism!!

I see your point about him talking about haters, but it doesn't seem to be working for him. Every time he responds, it seems to just stir it back up and gets everyone talking about it again!!

:agree: I also remember ESPN letting Rob Parker hang out to dry regarding his controversial (and idiotic) comments regarding RG III's blackness. Parker stated multiple times that ESPN was well aware of the comments beforehand and supported him, they even re-aired the comments over the repeat segment of First Take.

But you're right, the two things that Lebron was at fault for. One, someone in his camp should've said "Hey, just tell one of those fuckers from ESPN (Broussard or Stephen A. Smith) that you're going to Miami.". Two, that "Not one, not two, not three" thing came up off as full blown cocky. I myself being a Heat fan wasn't even a big fan of that moment. Had someone from any other team said that, I too would've been rather annoyed....although I would've gotten over it by now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I also remember ESPN letting Rob Parker hang out to dry regarding his controversial (and idiotic) comments regarding RG III's blackness. Parker stated multiple times that ESPN was well aware of the comments beforehand and supported him, they even re-aired the comments over the repeat segment of First Take.

But you're right, the two things that Lebron was at fault for. One, someone in his camp should've said "Hey, just tell one of those fuckers from ESPN (Broussard or Stephen A. Smith) that you're going to Miami.". Two, that "Not one, not two, not three" thing came up off as full blown cocky. I myself being a Heat fan wasn't even a big fan of that moment. Had someone from any other team said that, I too would've been rather annoyed....although I would've gotten over it by now.

Agree with all but the bolded part!! Not that you wouldn't have gotten over it, but rather that we are all fans of opposing teams. Of course we're going to use stuff like that to get under the skin of fans of a team we don't like!! Doesn't mean someone hasn't gotten over it, it means that it still brings about the desired reaction from that targeted fanbase!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame this on Skip Bayless.

Skip is a puppet, I am pretty sure he is told what to say and then the opposing debater is in some kind of purgatory or punishment for some offence unbeknownst to the public.

I just find it hard to believe that a member of the press can be such an ignorant moron.

Also if you look at the time slot it is when people with good jobs or retirement are getting ready for work or retirement activities...people who tend to be in their +40s and watched Magic/Bird but most likely Jordan play. Most of the people who share Skips horrific opinions are of that age range and the characteristics would match that of self entitled management types.