• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lawrence Jackson

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kreton,

you can try to be a smartass, i'm fine with that. i just explained, it wasn't meant literally (as in the history of the team). i'm sure there will be other phrases used in these threads, please do not take them literally either. Phrases like:

Detroit will have to break the bank to sign "player X"
This DOES NOT mean, Detroit is literally going to have to break open a bank to sign a player.

Detroit will have to back up the Brinks Truck to sign "player X"
This DOES NOT mean, Detroit is going to literally have to request an armored Brinks Truck to bring money to a certain player.

"Player X" is built like a shit brickhouse or a tank
This DOES NOT mean, "Player X" is literally built like brick outhouse or a military tank.

"Player X" has a cannon for an arm
This DOES NOT mean, "Player X" literally has a cannon attached to his body

Calvin Johnson's nickname is Megatron
This DOES NOT mean he is a Transformer or the leader of the Decepticon.

"Player X" can flat out fly
This DOES NOT mean the player can literally fly thru the air like Superman.

I can give you a more in depth list later, if you'd like.

Those statements are all completely idiotic. Saying this team has more question marks than EVER is not a metaphor for the last 3 years. Maybe you should look up what a metaphor is. It may help.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I? I am pretty sure he is MikeD
Nope, he's indeed not MikeD. The other guy you're currently arguing with, however, is another story all together...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously man.

I have a cannon arm. Cannon is a metaphor for a really strong arm.

This team has more question marks than ever. How does EVER become a metaphor for 3 years? That makes no sense at all.

Don't try to twist your failures at communicating in English on me.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, he's indeed not MikeD. The other guy you're currently arguing with, however, is another story all together...

Well shit. My bad. I retract the negative for years comment. Unless you are someone else just as negative.

Either way, this team does not have more question marks than any other Lions team.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. Kreton thinks I'm MikeD while he's argueing with MikeD.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit. My bad. I retract the negative for years comment. Unless you are someone else just as negative.

Either way, this team does not have more question marks than any other Lions team.
Look more closely at the names- Thruthefog is one dude, TrustmeIamright is another...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did think you were MikeD. Thats why I was making the negative for years, and always down on our team comments. My apologies for that.

:burt:

So who I am arguing with? So we can get back to it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those statements are all completely idiotic. Saying this team has more question marks than EVER is not a metaphor for the last 3 years. Maybe you should look up what a metaphor is. It may help.

As I said Kreton -- you don't take everything written literally. that is exactly what you did with the post in question. if you could explain to me why question marks on the Lions this year would have ANYTHING to do with teams put together by past GM's, I'd love to hear it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kreton isn't the sharpest tool in the shed (and NO Kreton, I'm not literally calling you a tool nor do I think you are in a shed right now)

If Kreton would just look at the thread where everyone posted their screen name and who they are from CBS -- he'd know exactly who I am.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which one of us you're referring to, but:

Thruthefog = Lionsfansince68
TrustmeIamright = MikeD

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said Kreton -- you don't take everything written literally. that is exactly what you did with the post in question. if you could explain to me why question marks on the Lions this year would have ANYTHING to do with teams put together by past GM's, I'd love to hear it.

Look mysterious poster, you wrote that this team has more question marks than ever. EVER. And if you've been a fan since 1968 I am certain you have seen some veeeery questionable teams put out on the field. This team probably has some of the fewest question marks than we have seen the last 15 or so years. Each year since Mayhew has been in office the Lions have improved their team.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustMeIamRight is............MikeD5405.

Figured I would give myself a more fitting name. LOL.

Just to clarify for Kreton -- Here is my post from the CBS poster thread.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kreton isn't the sharpest tool in the shed (and NO Kreton, I'm not literally calling you a tool nor do I think you are in a shed right now)

If Kreton would just look at the thread where everyone posted their screen name and who they are from CBS -- he'd know exactly who I am.

Actually I did browse that thread after TP pointed out that you weren't who I thought you were. You didn't post your cbs name in there. Not that I saw. MikeD did.

And speaking of sharpest tools, I may not be the sharpest tool, but I know what a metaphor is. Can you say the same?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should probably go back to see who wrote what.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look mysterious poster, you wrote that this team has more question marks than ever. EVER. And if you've been a fan since 1968 I am certain you have seen some veeeery questionable teams put out on the field. This team probably has some of the fewest question marks than we have seen the last 15 or so years. Each year since Mayhew has been in office the Lions have improved their team.

Lol, you're still mixing up two different posters here. One of them (MikeD) said we have more question marks than ever. The other (Lionsfansince68) has been a Lions fan since 1968...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each year since Mayhew has been in office the Lions have improved their team.

Just so I can jump on your LITERAL train -- the Lions went from 10-6 to 4-12, so I'm going out on a limb and saying the team didn't improve.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I did browse that thread after TP pointed out that you weren't who I thought you were. You didn't post your cbs name in there. Not that I saw. MikeD did.

And speaking of sharpest tools, I may not be the sharpest tool, but I know what a metaphor is. Can you say the same?

Wow Kreton -- just give it up already. What did MikeD say his new screen name on here is?!?!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is just getting downright comical....

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Lions team last year was a better team than the year before.