• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

laviolette...

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...has single handedly put our season on the line. he puts a goalie with FIVE PERIODS of nhl experience this season in net in the MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON. he needs to be fired immediately after this game. between his reluctancy to play zherdev, incompetency today, and his decision to put syvret over boynton, he needs to be fired TONIGHT. even if we win. let homer step behind the bench. he'll put some fire into these boys eyes.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...has single handedly put our season on the line. he puts a goalie with FIVE PERIODS of nhl experience this season in net in the MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON. he needs to be fired immediately after this game. between his reluctancy to play zherdev, incompetency today, and his decision to put syvret over boynton, he needs to be fired TONIGHT. even if we win. let homer step behind the bench. he'll put some fire into these boys eyes.

AGREED!!!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I really dont know what this guy is thinking.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't understand the long term thinking here by Lavi. I agree that his job is on the line after this series, regardless of the outcome.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Homer should be in the hot seat more that Lavi. We had one weakness last year...GOALTENDING. We dont improve that situation at all entering this season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hm.. i guess i can be the first to disagree?

i guess you guys forget how weak the goals bob allowed in game 2 were, and how they came back and won after boosh stonewalled them.. plus bob said he was a little rattled, you don't throw a goalie who thinks he's rattled out there again.. and then boosh played well in games 3 and 4.. then in game 5 he had the worst performance by a goalie in the history of the NHL, i wouldn't have started him today either..

lets face it, our goalies fuckin blow.. i was on the bargain bin goalie bandwagon this off-season cause i thought they could do it with what they had.. but i was wrong and i am immediately a proponent of getting a real goalie this off-season

but lavy doesn't have a 'good' choice here.. the goalies suck, it's not his fault..

as far as playing syvret over boynton, i agree with lavy 100% on that one.. boynton looked like total shit in the few games he played as a flyer

what i do disagree with lavy on is playing pronger today.. as expected he did nothing.. he played 4:33.. he only played on the PP, which i guess is ok because it needed/needs a spark, but having a guy out there that everyone knows isn't going to take a big blast does nothing, in fact, it makes it worse.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i could go into a defense of homer as well.. this team is night and day better than the team he inherited.. i was actually thinking during the game who was on the team that finished last in the NHL.. i believe richards and carter are the only 2 still on the team

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow awaz...no disrespect i like your opinion but really looking at the goals...boosh and leighton both let in dont even remotely compare to the goals bob let in...i will take the ones bob let in 8 out of 10 times compared to the short side crap both boosh and leighton let in...its bad coaching when you take the guys that got you to the dance and screw them both...unacceptable...if he does it again were done...

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently people have short minds around here. Lavi should be fired? Really?

Must be smoking some gooooood shit...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the Goalie Situation thread for posts under the influence.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fired no...but really leighton...did anyone really agree with that...did the players the score board says no...so lav screwed the poosh...live and learn...he is not always right...fired...thats a little off...lol

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of the former Captains, current Captain and veteran players on this squad, this team seriously lacks leadership.

Everyone is trying so hard to be a "team player" and not step on anyone's toes that they've lost focus.

When situations like this arrive, it is the coaches responsibility to set things right again and so far, Lavy has failed miserably to do that.

That's my .02 worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still confused about the Bob goals that are considered weak?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still confused about the Bob goals that are considered weak?

goals 2 and 3 in game 2 were weak.. i know they dont seem weak after some of the garbage that has been scored in the past 2 games (especially game 5).. but they were weak..

vanek's jam goal was a joke, i dont know what bob was thinking.. keep your skate at the post and the puck has no physical way of going in the net.. and sekera's goal he was almost in the net he was so far back, and he went down early enough for sekera to eat a sandwich and then wrist one over his head

so boosh comes in, they win the game, boosh starts the next 2 games and plays exceptional, so nobody was questioning the move then.. and bob said he was rattled.. so leighton became the backup.. and after the worst goaltending show in history (boosh game 5) you have to go elsewhere..

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goals 2 and 3 in game 2 were weak.. i know they dont seem weak after some of the garbage that has been scored in the past 2 games (especially game 5).. but they were weak..

vanek's jam goal was a joke, i dont know what bob was thinking.. keep your skate at the post and the puck has no physical way of going in the net.. and sekera's goal he was almost in the net he was so far back, and he went down early enough for sekera to eat a sandwich and then wrist one over his head

so boosh comes in, they win the game, boosh starts the next 2 games and plays exceptional, so nobody was questioning the move then.. and bob said he was rattled.. so leighton became the backup.. and after the worst goaltending show in history (boosh game 5) you have to go elsewhere..

All that being said, Boosh getting back in the saddle would have been better than throwin Leighton in there with only one NHL game under his belt this season, I was happy at first when I heard Leighton was in net, but he looked like he was in slow motion. We will live or die Tuesday with Boosh, just like we ended up today, we need to play a full 60 minute game, bottom line!

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok let me see if i can sum up my opinion on everything that was brought up here.

laviolette, fired really? the goalie situation in itself must be a nightmare for any head coach to deal with. 3 goalies who have proven to be terrible and also good, what is a man supposed to do with that.

syvret>boynton, when the guy is only going to play 4 minutes anyway i'd prefer one with atleast a minor offensive upside. pronger and syvret combined for what a normal 6th man would have played so i have no issues with that.

to agree with superfly, if we could just get a dam consistent game we wouldnt be in gm 7 right now, we would have won the series in 5. we need the whole team to play together and win one.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well now that ive had a little bit of time for everything to set in...i take back the "fire lavy" rant. everyone makes mistakes..but unfortunately todays mistake almost cost us the season..sorry but it was a no brainer call to put boosh over leights.
also, agreed about the leadership thing. guys need to start stepping up.
and also...for the first time today i saw some FORECHECKING..its like they suddenly returned to lavy's system that works so well..hopefully he gets these boys going again

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Lavy should be fired but he's overreacted twice with the starters not to mention the Z soap opera....he shouldn't be fucking around with the personnel let Homer do that! First of all he annointed Bob the starter down the stretch gave him game 1 and 2. Great 1st game horrible start in game 2 made the right move putting in Bouch as he's great off the bench. I'm cool with that tandem....

Game 3 you have to go back to your starter to let him redeem himself. Obviously on a short leash with one of the best goalies coming off the bench in Bouch. After all they've only been doing this all season right? If Bob stinks it up again no one would be complaining about Bouch starting.

In any case Bouch comes in and plays fantastic but goes into another dimension in game 5...who knows why but my belief is that he's not a legitimate starting goalie the Flyers are asking too much of him or he wanted it too much.

Where Lavy fucked up again is that he didn't let his starter at the time redeem himself again which almost cost this team its season. He was fucking lucky Bouch being the pro he is was able to come back in after being slighted and steal that abortion of a game 6.

So at this point I think everyone agrees that Bouch has to start game 7 and its already been announced. You can't just throw Bob in there as that would be retarded at this point but since Leights isn't even close to being ready for NHL playoff hockey you have to dress Bob as he can't be a worse option at this point. Plus if Bouch falters along the way to the cup you may as well go back to the horse that got you there. The experience is also invaluable for the rookie.

I hope Lavy realizes this and stops this goalie carousel so the team can focus on the game....go Flyers!!!!