• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

laviolette...

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Lavi has screwed with all 3 goalies mental outlook, and it may be leading to some of the uncertainty on the ice. Bob's goals were weak; if he was that quick to pull the "starter" after a few weak goals, he shouldn't have been in. Then he cpmpletely banishes him from the playoffs. Having Leighton back up Boosh and then having him come in after a legit yanking of his goalie puts him in a self made bad situation. Then starting him last night could only backfire unless Leights pitched a shutout. But if he wanted Leighton in so badly, he should have kept him up during the season. Maybe firing is an over reaction, but the team fell apart the last half, and he seems to be reacting minute by minute.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leighton looked like doo-butter yesterday. I think Lavi went temporarily insane. Hopefully, he's gotten that out of his system and never does that again. Starting our NHL goalie in an elimination game in the playoffs is just crazy.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
i would say 90% of these goals were weak..if we had a real net minder this series would be over already........

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turco is sitting on the bench.why coudnt we snag him

Because he lost his job to a rookie and played in only 29 games this year. I would of rather seen us give Emery another shot in the minors like the Ducks did and he eventually took their #1 spot with Hiller battling vertigo

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turco is sitting on the bench.why coudnt we snag him

No. Just no. This is why I was against bringing in Turco/Ellis/Roloson/etc ... they are still mediocre goalies, no more capable of stealing a game that what we currently have. If we are going to go for a goalie, let's go balls to the wall and get a stud ... or not bother.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Just no. This is why I was against bringing in Turco/Ellis/Roloson/etc ... they are still mediocre goalies, no more capable of stealing a game that what we currently have. If we are going to go for a goalie, let's go balls to the wall and get a stud ... or not bother.

YES!!!!!!!! Amen.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed the only guy would have been mason and he ended up getting hurt for most of the year...IMO that's the problem with paying one guy big $'s if he goes down you have nothing behind him. Bob and Bouch were a good tandem until Lavy imploded it because he had a hard on for what Leights did last year.

I respect Leights and I'm not a hater by any means but its unfair to just throw him in there during the playoffs if Lavy liked him better than Bob he should have brought him up earlier....

Next year they'll have to make a major decision because if Bob's not the future you are better to find that guy in the summer. Maybe bryzgalov or someone like that....keeping in mind that the shit show really didn't start until Pronger went down. When he's in the lineup this team was rolling as the D was solid.

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lavi in my opinion.......best coach in the NHL period!

Leighton was god awful! Those goals made him look like he never played before and were so painful to watch!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to go for a goalie, let's go balls to the wall and get a stud ... or not bother.

I'd bet my next pay check that is exactly the way Homer feels about acquiring a top tier goalie.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm obviously a little late getting into this thread, but I won't let that stop me :)

I think playing Leighton made perfect sense. We started with Bob, hoping he wouldn't feel the playoff pressure as a rookie. He did and still does, so rather than risk ruining his confidence for the rest of his career, they put him on the shelf until next year. That makes sense to me.

Boucher played like garbage the game before, so Lavi figured, "what the hell do I have to lose by playing Leighton? Maybe he catches fire for a few games like last year." Obviously, it didn't work out, but was it a risk worth taking, considering what we KNOW we have in Boucher? Absolutely.

Lavi was trying to find "the hot hand." Right now, the Flyers have three very cold hands. So shuffling players in and out of net isn't really going to make things any worse.

I also have to disagree that they need a stud netminder. I think an even half-way decent goalie would have won them this series by now. Top-notch goalies just aren't that easy to come by. "Holding out for one" means you end up entering the playoffs with a rookie and career backup, and get pushed to 7 games by a clearly inferior team in the first round. I'd be fine with a mediocre starter for now. The rest of the team is definitely good enough to compensate. But if your goalie is letting in goals from behind the net, it really doesn't matter how good or bad the rest of your team is.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary looking...lol

peter-laviolette_opt-e1294672167719.jpg

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that photoshopped in anyway? LOL

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I don't think so.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope they get that in the pregame tonight

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

have you been watching our goalies....sorry but turco over booch or leighton i think so....