• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Latest Benjamin Rumor

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitz... I can see your point. But even if thats correct, whats best for his career?? going to some place like San Fran where he will be thrust into starting from day one, or coming here where at best he will be a change up player who will likely contribute, but wont be expected to start from day one.

Shark, I agree with you on that. IMO, that could be a tough situation for KB3. So what you are suggesting, is whatever player the Redskins draft at #34 should be a player that we could develop, and not expect to start in 2014? At #34 that player should be expected to start...if not, trade down for development players...I'm good with that.

Redskins are only one year removed from being NFCE Champions. IMO, we got two first round picks in 2014 with DJax, and a fully recovered RG3. This team "as is" has the talent to compete for the division this year, but a good draft could make the Redskins a full blown contender in 2014.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, I agree with you on that. IMO, that could be a tough situation for KB3. So what you are suggesting, is whatever player the Redskins draft at #34 should be a player that we could develop, and not expect to start in 2014? At #34 that player should be expected to start...if not, trade down for development players...I'm good with that.

Redskins are only one year removed from being NFCE Champions. IMO, we got two first round picks in 2014 with DJax, and a fully recovered RG3. This team "as is" has the talent to compete for the division this year, but a good draft could make the Redskins a full blown contender in 2014.

MItz... look at the perennially good teams over the past decade. How many draft players beyond the top 10-15 picks, much less at 34 with the expectations that they need to start day one. Look at the Pats, the niners, teams that you almost expect to be in the playoffs every year. They draft for talent and depth, and if they get a starter its a bonus. If we look at 34 as a spot where we have got to get a starter, I can almost guarantee we will unequivocally fuck this pick up. Take the best player available. Now if that guy is some one you have absolutely zero use for, or you can get a bonus pick or two for, trade the pick. But those that say we cant use a guy like Benjamin or robinson are delusional. Those that say we have got to take an OT are simply being unrealistic and to me a 3rd TE is simply not worth the pick. To me WR with size may not be our biggest need, but it represents the smartest long term pick..... provided the right guy is there.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MItz... look at the perennially good teams over the past decade. How many draft players beyond the top 10-15 picks, much less at 34 with the expectations that they need to start day one. Look at the Pats, the niners, teams that you almost expect to be in the playoffs every year. They draft for talent and depth, and if they get a starter its a bonus. If we look at 34 as a spot where we have got to get a starter, I can almost guarantee we will unequivocally fuck this pick up. Take the best player available. Now if that guy is some one you have absolutely zero use for, or you can get a bonus pick or two for, trade the pick. But those that say we cant use a guy like Benjamin or robinson are delusional. Those that say we have got to take an OT are simply being unrealistic and to me a 3rd TE is simply not worth the pick. To me WR with size may not be our biggest need, but it represents the smartest long term pick..... provided the right guy is there.

Shark, you aren't making much sense.

A 3rd TE would be a much better pick than a 5th WR. For starters, Reed is just now getting over concussion problems and is only a rookie. Paulson is a blocking TE who can catch when needed. That position seems alot more secure than 2 top NFL WRs (Garcon and Jackson) and a top 5 slot WR in the NFL (Roberts).

You need to let the whole WR with size thing go. Indy made a living with two 6'0 WR in Harrison and Wayne and did just fine. Its not a must to have WRs with height. I am not sure why you are so caught up on this. You have been screaming this for the past 6 months. We hear you....lets it go.

Not sure how we screw up the pick. We are the second worst team in the NFL with glaring holes everywhere. The pick will surely contribute given the overall lack of talent on this team. The two worst positions to draft with the 34th are WR and QB. I am not sure how you are missing these simple concepts.

You are right that the the upper tier of NFL teams draft for talent and depth....no agrument there. You are skipping the fact that they ALREADY have starters and talent. You and some others on here seem to miss that part every time. You can't become the Niners over 1 night. You have to acquire starters and talent. The goal is to build a football team, not simply acquire talent. Again, if we weren't 3-13 with glaring holes, we could literally sit back and draft on talent alone. We aren't there yet.....hopefully we will soon. You lay a foundation first, then build. At this point, we don't have a foundation. You still want to draft Benjamin with the 34th even though he is sliding down boards and has work issues. A WR with the 34th pick is what a poor team would do.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't teach height. Somebody will take him in the first...early second is not likely in my opinion.

Think Plaxico Burress. He never got separation either but would anybody else like Plaxico Burress on our team with the 34th pick? I'm betting YES.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the organization thinks it has a "franchise QB", and it uses the #34 on offense...he better be a starter.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have been last 5 of the last 6 years . that fact needs to be taken into consideration

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke... I will simply ask you this. You really think Aldrick Robinson, Nick Willaims or Santana Moss would beat him out for playing time, much less a roster spot. I dont even count Hank in the equation because he is still 7-11 months away from being 100% in all likelyhood. And we dont have two 6'0" WRs on roster that are healthy.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have been last 5 of the last 6 years . that fact needs to be taken into consideration

No offense skinsdad62, but with some of the comments I've seen you post, I'm beginning to wonder if you are a closet "Cowboys fan"?

But, even if you are...thank you for your service. Without men like you, none of this forum teasing would be possible.

HTTR!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense skinsdad62, but with some of the comments I've seen you post, I'm beginning to wonder if you are a closet "Cowboys fan"?

But, even if you are...thank you for your service. Without men like you, none of this forum teasing would be possible.

HTTR!

MItz... be nice. He is just pointing out that it might not be too rational to expect too much from this team (this season) no matter who we draft. Now i know Skinsdad better than alot of you guys. If there is O-line value there at 34, he is all for it. but whom ever we pick, my good friend will look for the positive until there is no positive to be found in the pick or player. A closet Cowboys fan he is not.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Kelvin Benjamin is still on the board when we pick would you take him?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Kelvin Benjamin is still on the board when we pick would you take him?

Me... hell yes in a heart beat...... provided there wasnt a better player sitting there as well. But of the projected players who will be there when we pick, my opinion is he is the best player available that fits a team need. The drop off to 3rd round WRs is just too steep for me.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me... hell yes in a heart beat...... provided there wasnt a better player sitting there as well. But of the projected players who will be there when we pick, my opinion is he is the best player available that fits a team need. The drop off to 3rd round WRs is just too steep for me.

If we draft KB3 at #34, and convert him to a TE who can protect "the franchise" and be a red zone threat, I'm good with that!

Hope skinsdad62 knows I'm just kidding, but you must admit some of his post on SportsHoopla have been tweeners...As a former Navy brat Captain's son back in the 80's..."don't ask don't tell" BS didn't fly with the old man back in the day! Just sayin'.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft KB3 at #34, and convert him to a TE who can protect "the franchise" and be a red zone threat, I'm good with that!

Hope skinsdad62 knows I'm just kidding, but you must admit some of his post on SportsHoopla have been tweeners...As a former Navy brat Captain's son back in the 80's..."don't ask don't tell" BS didn't fly with the old man back in the day! Just sayin'.

i know you are kidding . i just making the point that we arent one draft away from being year in and year out contenders

so our picks need to reflect that

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mitz... have to disagree. TE is too limited for what we need. And as a converted TE, the only time he see's the field is in goal line or if Reed is injured. I think a guy like him serves us better as a rotational player at Wr that we can line up not only in the slot, but split wide to either side WITH reed on the field. If we had Garcon, JAckson, Robertson, Benjamin and Reed on the field from 2nd and goal at the nine, who does the defense double cover?? Really?? At that point if our franchise QB can manage a back corner fade to either side, it should be a TD. Or on 3rd and 6 from any where on the field, he is a mismatch in the slot or split wide.

As far as protecting the franchise... Im one who believes the biggest problem with protecting him is himself. If he learns to get rid of the ball, slide, and read defenses... I think our offense becomes alot better.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And thats precisely the line of thinking that gets us in last place year in and year out. Drafting stupidly...

And yes, we actually have two 6 ft tall WRs on the roster in Garcon and Roberts. Jackson is 5'10 maybe 5'11. We can always draft a tall WR later or bring one in as an UDFA.

You are over-valuing the WR position. There is no need to draft a WR and have them be our 4th WR when there are several positions that are unsettled and could use an immediate upgrade. Your obsession with WR is comical. The Patriots had a great year with no name WRs and UDFA. Skill positions are easy to find, its the LOS that wins football games and its where your best talent should be.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have tried for the last 6 months to follow your line of reasoning. No NFL expert, no NFL GM and no scout would agree with you at all in what you are saying. WR is the last team need and you want to waste our highest pick on it on a guy who has work issues and blows off NFL workouts? Yup...he sounds like the perfect player we need Shark....LOL

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats precisely the line of thinking that gets us in last place year in and year out. Drafting stupidly...

And yes, we actually have two 6 ft tall WRs on the roster in Garcon and Roberts. Jackson is 5'10 maybe 5'11. We can always draft a tall WR later or bring one in as an UDFA.

You are over-valuing the WR position. There is no need to draft a WR and have them be our 4th WR when there are several positions that are unsettled and could use an immediate upgrade. Your obsession with WR is comical. The Patriots had a great year with no name WRs and UDFA. Skill positions are easy to find, its the LOS that wins football games and its where your best talent should be.

Actually looking for the immediate upgrade is what has screwed this team more often than not. If we were not so pressed to find a "franchise QB" we would not have sacrifices half a draft to get one player. How many immediate upgrades have we gone after and taken players like Devin Thomas, Malcolmn Kelly, Rod Gardner and Jason Campbell. And how many truely special players have we passed on looking for the instant upgrade at a "position of need"?? As much as every one wants to scream about how we "NEED" to beef up the LOS, reality is that O-line is the least skilled position on a football team aside from maybe Left tackle. And if skill positions were so easy to find, odds are we would not have just dropped upwards of $25 million on the WR position between last year and this year.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually looking for the immediate upgrade is what has screwed this team more often than not. If we were not so pressed to find a "franchise QB" we would not have sacrifices half a draft to get one player. How many immediate upgrades have we gone after and taken players like Devin Thomas, Malcolmn Kelly, Rod Gardner and Jason Campbell. And how many truely special players have we passed on looking for the instant upgrade at a "position of need"?? As much as every one wants to scream about how we "NEED" to beef up the LOS, reality is that O-line is the least skilled position on a football team aside from maybe Left tackle. And if skill positions were so easy to find, odds are we would not have just dropped upwards of $25 million on the WR position between last year and this year.

I agree that we have passed on special players. Cerrato and Shanahan were not the best GMs with drafting. Cerrato worse than Shanahan of course. You are talking about a franchise that is the worst drafting team in the NFL over the past 10 years. When I mean worst, I mean lack of picks and busts. We can blame Cerrato or most of that obviously.

The problem is that Benjamin is not a special player. He is not a polished route runner and clearly has maturity issues. He is sliding down draft boards and is viewed as a "mid-round" draft pick on numerous websites. That doesn't sound like a special player to me. For some reason, you are in love with the guy and so be it.

I am not set on LOS as I would be happy if we drafted one of the following positions with the 34th pick, in no order: OT, OG, DT, DE, ILB, OLB, CB, FS, SS, Center and TE. As you can tell, I would be very excited about any of those positions we came away with. Again, we are an awful team, make no mistake about it.

Regarding the 25 million on WR, what can I say. We are the Redskins and spend big in FA. Also, we don't draft and develop WRs well at all. I can't name a WR we have drafted that worked out well for us in over 20 years. I might be missing one but for some reason, we just can't properly scout and develop that position. I wish it wasn't that way, but you can't argue with the facts.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we have passed on special players. Cerrato and Shanahan were not the best GMs with drafting. Cerrato worse than Shanahan of course. You are talking about a franchise that is the worst drafting team in the NFL over the past 10 years. When I mean worst, I mean lack of picks and busts. We can blame Cerrato or most of that obviously.

The problem is that Benjamin is not a special player. He is not a polished route runner and clearly has maturity issues. He is sliding down draft boards and is viewed as a "mid-round" draft pick on numerous websites. That doesn't sound like a special player to me. For some reason, you are in love with the guy and so be it.

I am not set on LOS as I would be happy if we drafted one of the following positions with the 34th pick, in no order: OT, OG, DT, DE, ILB, OLB, CB, FS, SS, Center and TE. As you can tell, I would be very excited about any of those positions we came away with. Again, we are an awful team, make no mistake about it.

Regarding the 25 million on WR, what can I say. We are the Redskins and spend big in FA. Also, we don't draft and develop WRs well at all. I can't name a WR we have drafted that worked out well for us in over 20 years. I might be missing one but for some reason, we just can't properly scout and develop that position. I wish it wasn't that way, but you can't argue with the facts.

We havent drafted or developed any of the other positions you mentioned either. I think Benjamin has the ability to actually be a special player. Add to the fact that if we drafted him we wouldnt throw him to the wolves as many of your instant upgrades and I think he would actually be one of the safest picks we could make. ANY O-line, DB, or LB we drafted would be expected to be a starter by year two at the latest. Benjamin would at worst be expected to contribute, and at best take Roberts position as the #3 this year and transition into a starter by year three.