• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Saturday Oregon Beats Bama

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The is NO national title. Never has been one. Until a playoff, Bowl Games are just big, pretty exhibition games played in warm climates.

Head to head both the MWC and PAC have played the SEC to a draw this century

There has always been a National Title. Claiming there hasn't been because you don't like the process for selecting it is just whinny baby crap.

70crybaby.gif

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positioning and technique, not height!
-
more about strength than height. Hard to get a good jam when you can be tossed like a school boy. Luckily there are not many WRs that possess Evans size in CFB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is NO national title. Never has been one. Until a playoff, Bowl Games are just big, pretty exhibition games played in warm climates.

Head to head both the MWC and PAC have played the SEC to a draw this century

National Titles are national titles. Maybe to Boise it's seems there are no titles.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
more about strength than height. Hard to get a good jam when you can be tossed like a school boy. Luckily there are not many WRs that possess Evans size in CFB.

Doesn't really matter when your DB's are standing behind him on everyone of those toss ups! :doh:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really matter when your DB's are standing behind him on everyone of those toss ups! :doh:
-
They werent all toss ups. Open drive (or second) Evans had a nice 20 yd gain when he brushed the CB away and got behind him for 20 yds. I would put a smiley face or something like that at the end of my post, but I am not a 13 yr old girl fluent in twitternese

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
They werent all toss ups. Open drive (or second) Evans had a nice 20 yd gain when he brushed the CB away and got behind him for 20 yds. I would put a smiley face or something like that at the end of my post, but I am not a 13 yr old girl fluent in twitternese

Sorry you don't like my choice of emoticon showing Alabama DB's intelligence in coverage. I will make a note to never use one again for you and I will try to spread the word as well! Codaxx, picturing you as a type A personality and thinking with a strong gut feeling I'm right! I didn't mean EVERY SINGLE one of Johnny's 28 completions were jump balls. Sorry I didn't provide more clarity for you!

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what if tOSU and Oregon both went undeafeated. Then Bama loses a close one to LSU, but then wins the SECCG. I would have a big problem if somehow Bama jumped one of those two teams, could this happen??

I don't think this year, bc they have a weaker schedule, but I still think something like this could happen.

no way they jump. The bias isn't THAT crazy. Literally everyone not in Alabama would have a problem with that. I don't see it working out too well

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way they jump. The bias isn't THAT crazy. Literally everyone not in Alabama or Bristol, CT would have a problem with that. I don't see it working out too well

fify

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is nonsense. Bama wasn't able to move the ball successfully all game. There is no way Saban goes out there in game #1 and just tosses it in on offense because the team is up. Claiming you "didn't want to show the playbook" isn't something you would do when you only have 200 yards of offense.

VT has the #2 defense in the country right now. Bama was unable to run the ball and McCarron, while pressured, was shaky at best. Against a team with a better offense (than our shitty one) and a top 10 defense, I think Bama is very beatable.

I haven't seen a team in the country yet that's not very beatable in that situation considering we're 3 weeks into the season. If Bama's D doesn't progress then there could be problems but I have zero reason to believe they're just gonna start sucking all of a sudden. It's not like recruiting or coaching has dropped off any and after the last 2 games, hopefully complacency isn't gonna be an issue. After only 2 games in, I'm not worried in the least.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a team in the country yet that's not very beatable in that situation considering we're 3 weeks into the season. If Bama's D doesn't progress then there could be problems but I have zero reason to believe they're just gonna start sucking all of a sudden. It's not like recruiting or coaching has dropped off any and after the last 2 games, hopefully complacency isn't gonna be an issue. After only 2 games in, I'm not worried in the least.
I think you are over simplifying the situation I suggest you lay awake at night analyzing the scenario over and over until you fully appreciate the magnitude of this game. If you can't put the effort in you're not a worthy Son of Saban.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope A&M and its terrible defense gets to play a Big12 team again this bowl season. Seems I heard the same shit last year, and our defense shut down OU pretty well. Offense still did just as well too.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are over simplifying the situation I suggest you lay awake at night analyzing the scenario over and over until you fully appreciate the magnitude of this game. If you can't put the effort in you're not a worthy Son of Saban.

:hail:
Nick-Saban-scowl.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way they jump. The bias isn't THAT crazy. Literally everyone not in Alabama would have a problem with that. I don't see it working out too well

Alabama basically has to go undefeated this year.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this support for a four team playoff?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really should live here and have many friends who are very close to the program. You might have a different idea. Go back and watch the tape. They go in motion once. AJ doesn't audiblize once. The do no zone blocking schemes or no pulling guards or tackles, etc. Then go look at the Texas A&M tape. Plus who blocks straight ahead and runs right at you when you have 8 and 9 in the box. Don;t you think Saban knows to go 4 wide and spread y'all out. Didn't happen. They've been scheming for A&M since last year and it almost led to a blow out and almost led to a lost! Weird game!!!

This is seriously one of the most ignorant break downs of a college football game that I have every seen and 100% tells me you know nothing about scheming in cfb

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is seriously one of the most ignorant break downs of a college football game that I have every seen and 100% tells me you know nothing about scheming in cfb

Even you can't deny that he has a point. It doesn't matter since we still managed to dominate VT by over 3 TD's, BUT....just admit Alabama played very vanilla on offense. VT has a very good defense, no need to try to make it more than what it is.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, A&M has the better offense, Oregon has a better defense.

In a potential national title game match-up between Bama and Oregon, I would probably take Bama for a couple reasons...

1. While Oregon has a better defense, I still don't believe they are well built to stop a dominant power run game like we have, combined with AJ and our core of WR's, I don't know if they'd be able to deal with or I should say consistently deal with our balance.

2. As for their offense, no doubt they are at worst top 2, right behind A&M in my opinion, but I wouldn't argue if you said they're #1. However, I think Bama's defense might have an easier time with Oregon, it really seems like they are more of run team than A&M is, I think our defense has the players to limit their run game and force Mariota to beat us with the pass.....No doubt he could do just that, but I just don't believe he's as good as Manziel, and I know for a fact they don't have a WR like Evans.

I think it'd be a good game, lower scoring than this Bama-A&M game, honestly could go either way, I'd pick Bama because I'm a fan and the reasons above.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even you can't deny that he has a point. It doesn't matter since we still managed to dominate VT by over 3 TD's, BUT....just admit Alabama played very vanilla on offense. VT has a very good defense, no need to try to make it more than what it is.

Vanilla as in how? They played VT the same way in 2009. Schematically it is in Bama's favor for try to line up against VT and punch them in the mouth in TE heavy power formations. It is NOT in their best interest to spread things out, utilize long developing misdirections/counters, and generally get "cute" against a Bud Foster defense. VT's bread and butter is outsmarting you and being more athletic than you on defense. VT's weakness is having less than typical size particularly in the front 7. Alabama tried to do exactly what they did last time and exactly the way they do a lot of teams they out size. They tried to run it down VT's throat and then catch you cheating up to throw it square in your weak spot. The problem with Bama's offense in that game was they couldn't run it down VT's throat and that lead to Bama's QBs going 10/24 for 110yds and an interception. Simple as that. Bud Foster said before this game even took place that he felt good in this game if he could stop Bama's run game and that he was going to be in a world of hurt if he couldn't. He succeeded.

How elitist really is it to sit back and say that your offense sucked in this game because your team wanted it to suck? Seriously? Do some of you even realize how this stuff is perceived after it's been said?