• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last 8 games for KC has been pretty good

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh IM sure Mike will send Dan a life sized ass selfie with the words kiss me written on them once we resign Kirk. As for the Robert angle, we should start hearing rumors one way or another by the end of next month. I will hedge my bet and say they wont out right release him until the final moment if they cant swing a trade on day one of the league year. And thats mainly because if he is released the day after the Super Bowl, he is free to sign any place. And thats one more month we dont want him having the playbook in the event he signs within the Division.

I still think there is an outside chance we pull a trade and sign and get a 3rd or 4th rounder for him to the right team. Very outside chance.
I expect they will hang onto him as long as they can. Not because they think someone will trade for him (there is 16M reasons why that won't happen) but because they want to try and control who signs him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect they will hang onto him as long as they can. Not because they think someone will trade for him (there is 16M reasons why that won't happen) but because they want to try and control who signs him.

The $16 million is actually the easy part. The team that wants to NOT have to bid against other teams simply puts a clause in place with Griffin to rework that into a longer term deal. I actually think the hard part is finding a team that wants him AND is willing to give something up to get him. And the real stickler is, we cant allow him to negotiate with other teams until AFTER we pick up the $16 million. So if a trade falls through, one way or another we eat it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $16 million is actually the easy part. The team that wants to NOT have to bid against other teams simply puts a clause in place with Griffin to rework that into a longer term deal. I actually think the hard part is finding a team that wants him AND is willing to give something up to get him. And the real stickler is, we cant allow him to negotiate with other teams until AFTER we pick up the $16 million. So if a trade falls through, one way or another we eat it.
We won't be eating that $16m. They will cut him before then. I do have a couple of questions. If they cut him before the league year starts, is there a cap hit in 2016? And will they be eligible for compensatory picks in 2017.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't be eating that $16m. They will cut him before then. I do have a couple of questions. If they cut him before the league year starts, is there a cap hit in 2016? And will they be eligible for compensatory picks in 2017.

NO cap hit, but no comp pick either since he was under contract and we had the ability to keep him. ONly way we take a cap hit is if he is still under contract on march 4th and we ultimatly cut him.. then its a $16.2 million dollar shit sammich for lunch.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO cap hit, but no comp pick either since he was under contract and we had the ability to keep him. ONly way we take a cap hit is if he is still under contract on march 4th and we ultimatly cut him.. then its a $16.2 million dollar shit sammich for lunch.
That's what I thought.

So, where will he end up? My bet is either Philly or Houston.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought.

So, where will he end up? My bet is either Philly or Houston.

This is why I dont think it will be a nice clean cut and done. I have done the numbers... if Dan REALLY wanted to make sure he didnt go to Philly or Dallas..... lets just say he has thrown away more than $16 million before. IF you really want to know the numbers and IF we could pull that off from a cap stance, I could give you rough details.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I dont think it will be a nice clean cut and done. I have done the numbers... if Dan REALLY wanted to make sure he didnt go to Philly or Dallas..... lets just say he has thrown away more than $16 million before. IF you really want to know the numbers and IF we could pull that off from a cap stance, I could give you rough details.

I think Dan will go on the advice of SM in regards to KC's contract.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I could see happening is we find a trade partner that agrees to take Robert, but we eat a portion of his $16m. Maybe like $4m. That might be worth it to control where he ends up.

Honestly, I'm not worried about where he ends up. Not because he doesn't have skills, but I just don't see him making it through a season. The guy is just so fragile and cannot avoid hits. Let him go to Philly. He would get lost in that offense as its predicated on quick reads and passes. That's not his strength.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very high chance he just gets the franchise tag with a prove your worth next year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dan will go on the advice of SM in regards to KC's contract.

OH I have no doubt Dan will listen to SMGM on the KC contract.

But I also think Scot is smart enough to know that Griffin still has some value to this team if the cards are played right. Now we cant technically allow Griffin to negotiate with other teams before March 3rd, but nothing precludes Scot from fielding offers and coming back to Robert and his agent with a list of teams we would be willing to trade him to, and what types of concessions the team would want from Robert to facilitate a trade.

A Smart win win for both sides would be the Skins getting a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder, or possibly a 4th and a swap of draft spots in say the 2nd or first ( depending on the team of course). We eat $6 million of his 2016 salary straight out. Robert agrees to rework the remaining $10 million in as signing bonus, drop on another $2 million on a 4 year deal worth $25 million total with a voidable year 4. It would mean his total bonus money would account for $3 million a year on a 4 year deal. With base salaries of $2 million years one and two, and $3 in year three. With the voidable year having a Base salary of $6 million and a cap hit of $9.

Bob gets $5 million in new money, $18 up front $31 total if he doesnt void the 4th year. New team gets him at 4 years average $6.25 million a year... a relative steal for a 4th rounder and swapping 2nds..... plus of course some injury clauses.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I could see happening is we find a trade partner that agrees to take Robert, but we eat a portion of his $16m. Maybe like $4m. That might be worth it to control where he ends up.

Honestly, I'm not worried about where he ends up. Not because he doesn't have skills, but I just don't see him making it through a season. The guy is just so fragile and cannot avoid hits. Let him go to Philly. He would get lost in that offense as its predicated on quick reads and passes. That's not his strength.

Same reasoning here. Plus I do not believe he doe have the skills to pose a threat to The Redskins D.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUMP

LOL @ the lies and innuendo about ole mitzi.

I've always been about the truth, whether you like to hear it or not...now, who are the "foolish" ones?

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I guess this outweighs all the rest

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash