• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last 8 games for KC has been pretty good

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jerry Brewer...

Kirk Cousins can play, and that makes Washington’s season a success already

Excerpt

When Cousins plays well, this team wins. Has he done it against good teams? No, that’s left to prove. Heck, Washington has played just three games this season against opponents that currently have a winning record, losing all three by a combined score of 105-46. This is the quintessential .500 team: beat the really bad teams, lose to the really good teams, split with the pedestrian ones. But that doesn’t mean you ignore the promising statistics, the influence Cousins has had on winning and his gradual improvement.

For the season, Cousins has thrown for 3,625 yards with twice as many touchdown throws as interceptions (22 to 11) and a passer rating of 97.2. Completion percentage: 69.7. He has four straight weeks with a passer rating of at least 101.4. Over the past six weeks, he has 12 touchdown passes and just two interceptions.

Most important, he has won over a once-divided locker room with his play and his grace.

After the game, Cousins deflected praise. He wanted to talk about DeSean Jackson’s six receptions for 153 yards, which left Buffalo Coach Rex Ryan saying, “I never thought he was Jerry Rice, but I guess I was wrong.” Cousins wanted to talk about Jordan Reed’s seven receptions and two touchdowns, Pierre Garcon’s tough catches and rookie Jamison Crowder’s steady development.

“I’ve said all along it’s my job to be a distributor, and today was no different,” Cousins said. “They kept making me look good.”

There’s a sanity to this team that didn’t exist during Griffin’s last three years as the starter. Controversies don’t pop up every week. The quarterback isn’t burdened with having to live up to a phenomenal rookie season. The expectations are much lower, but that’s healthy for a developing quarterback.

j_y, Shark and I don't mind if everyone else took a little longer to come to the dance, we just want everyone to enjoy the music with us. :dhd: LOL .... couldn't resist a little good natured tease.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys know that the haters are quiet now but a loss next week will change all that . maybe hater is too harsh perhaps doubters is better

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure dad, one bad game or even a loss and the doubters will be back full force. S'ok, he is here for a few years more than likely.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that most everyone on this board supports the notion that Cuz is the best option for this team right now, especially when you look at the options out there, including the draft.

Sticking point is how much is he worth. I'm confident Scot and co will make the right decision.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y, Shark and I don't mind if everyone else took a little longer to come to the dance, we just want everyone to enjoy the music with us. :dhd: LOL .... couldn't resist a little good natured tease.
Lol! Just about spit my papa johns $10 pizza with 10 free topping onto my iPad!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that most everyone on this board supports the notion that Cuz is the best option for this team right now, especially when you look at the options out there, including the draft.

Sticking point is how much is he worth. I'm confident Scot and co will make the right decision.

Agreed Cali, being the ummmm ... $%&% I can be at times and loving to stir the pot and stick my finger in the hornets nest I just couldn't help myself. :D

Giving that they were willing to pay Griffin (or so they said) $16 million and reports from La Canfora and a couple of ummmm interested teams that said they don't expect Cousins to be on the market the tender for the Tag is about $19 million. You can ballpark this pretty easily. Anyway you look at it Kirk and Mrs. Captain will be shopping for a larger condo this offseason.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are ridiculous lol. Almost as ridiculous as how well Cousin's has been playing. (There ya happy). All you guys want is a hot take every week. Cousins is playing well and IMO had his best game of the season yesterday. So don't insult my intelligence by acting like I don't react to new information. With every new game the $$$ for him goes up. That's not bad. But you were all convinced I hated kirk so you never really listened to anything past that.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's fine. It really is we should dig each other time to time. But it is frustrating when the circumstances are constantly changing but everybody takes my opinion from 2 months ago to be my opinion now.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys know that the haters are quiet now but a loss next week will change all that . maybe hater is too harsh perhaps doubters is better

Haters is too harsh imo. All I'm doing is looking at the information I have when I have it. When I was saying I'd be shocked if Cousins was any more than a backup he had a historical interception rate. If any of you saw this coming you were just being a homer honestly. But that doesnt change that it is happening and that when we get new information we have to consider that. I may not view the info as all of you do, but I am looking at all the same info and adjusting my opinions accordingly.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haters is too harsh imo. All I'm doing is looking at the information I have when I have it. When I was saying I'd be shocked if Cousins was any more than a backup he had a historical interception rate. If any of you saw this coming you were just being a homer honestly. But that doesnt change that it is happening and that when we get new information we have to consider that. I may not view the info as all of you do, but I am looking at all the same info and adjusting my opinions accordingly.

I take exception to this. Not that I saw that KC was going to break out, but I had done enough research to know that virtually all inexperienced QBs start by throwing a ton of INTs. This is true wether they become eventual HoFers or league drop outs. I presented evidence by referencing the likes of aikman his first couple of years or terry Bradshaw. And the "haters" response was that KC was no Troy aikman. Probably not, but the data was ignored. So I knew there was a possibility, if he was given the chance to learn, that these errors would begin to abate.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take exception to this. Not that I saw that KC was going to break out, but I had done enough research to know that virtually all inexperienced QBs start by throwing a ton of INTs. This is true wether they become eventual HoFers or league drop outs. I presented evidence by referencing the likes of aikman his first couple of years or terry Bradshaw. And the "haters" response was that KC was no Troy aikman. Probably not, but the data was ignored. So I knew there was a possibility, if he was given the chance to learn, that these errors would begin to abate.

The key being I never ruled out the possibility. Obviously it was always possible. I mean he has come a long way hasn't he. But if you were betting on the worst interception rate in history becoming a quality starter yea I think you were just being a homer. Again - possibility vs betting on.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets play nice guys. Bottom line is, coming into this season, the most pressing question was... do we have a QB on roster worth moving forward with. Be that Griffin or Cousins.

Now as it stands, this question for all intents and purposes has been answered. Is Kirk what some around here would consider a franchise QB?? Probably not. But you also have to take into consideration he has quietly been rewriting the teams record books for a passer over this season. Most of his stats have NOT been put up in garbage time. Add to this he is progressing rather nicely considering that six months ago the only way we saw him even getting on the field is if the other guy got injured.

So now the only real questions become.

1. What will it take to resign Cousins
2. What will they do with Griffin. Because I think this is a major sticking point to any deal Cousins signs.
3. Once resigned, how good can Cousins actually become.

All the rest, is futile hyperbole at this point in time. :2cents:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought you were a hater ehb, I thought you weren't giving the kid a chance to grow. Actually you are assuming way more credit for this then I ever intended towards you.

I have said this before and will say it again. I am no personnel guy. I have been around football most of my life either playing, coaching or hanging around nephews that both play for their colleges. In other words I know enough to be dangerous. :lol: All that said and I have recounted this story before. I was in a leaving a restaurant in Occoquan, VA when I looked at my phone and saw we drafted Cousins. I was excited. I thought he had a chance to be an NFL QB. I also knew it could go either way. On the other hand I thought Wilson was too short to play in the NFL. :crazy:

My complaint from the beginning of the year was to NOT label the guy a career backup, loser etc until he had a chance to learn and grow. I'll admit that I though it was 50/50 when the season started and I don't think it is a done deal now but it sure is looking a lot better than it did in early October.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am playing nice. I am not mad until I start using a bunch of Maryland Farmers and Richard-heads.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting read from Manny

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key being I never ruled out the possibility. Obviously it was always possible. I mean he has come a long way hasn't he. But if you were betting on the worst interception rate in history becoming a quality starter yea I think you were just being a homer. Again - possibility vs betting on.
Your missing my point. I never said he was going to be a quality starter, all I said was he was better than anything else we had, his turnover rate was not uncommon (while many seemed to act like he was the only one that ever threw a rash of INTs early on), and that we need to give him the full season before we passed final judgement.

I will say this, your hanging on his early INT rate is why many think you are a hater. Based on the data I offered, it was clear that should have been expected. But you always present it like he was the only one. Even this latest post ("the worst interception rate") seems biased. You are intelligent enough to know that this is a meaningless stat due to the small sample size. That is like saying that QB for Dallas that threw 3 INTs Saturday in his first real game now has the worst INT rate in history. Yet you continued to offer that as your main reason, even when KC stopped turning it over.

My final thought is this. We still don't know the end product for KC. He may regress, he may turn out to be a Drew Brees. But for us to find out, we have to pay him. Because someone else will. Many others, probably. And from what I've seen, he has the potential to be a productive QB. If we lose him, we go back to cycling through the Rex grossmans, John Becks, and RG3s. And that is way more expensive than giving KC a starters contract.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting tidbit regarding Cuz

Excerpt

“You know, I never doubted myself. I never doubted if the coaches believed in me,” he said. “I think it was just more of putting it all together and showing it on the field consistently. I remember before the Tampa game, after the Jets game, Jay and I sat down and we went through Tom Brady and his game against the Colts that previous weekend, and Jay’s point was what Tom was doing to be as good as he was, it wasn’t anything spectacular or anything that I couldn’t do, but at the same, it was incredibly polished, incredibly disciplined and having great command.

“It was just a message to me that, ‘You can do this, but it takes time. And you’re capable of it, but it’s going to take a lot of discipline, a lot of attention to detail and having a great command.’ I’ve tried to apply that week in and week out and it hasn’t always been perfect, but I do believe that if I just keep at it and keep going, there’s enough talent and enough ability around me, and in me, that we can do something special.”

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember he talked to Brady after the NE game and made some sort of comment about learning and Brady told him "I am still learning everyday" I believe Cousins took that to heart. Most of the very good QBs are film room junkies. I believe Cousin's is and will continue to be that same sort of QB, by that I mean in the way he prepares.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember he talked to Brady after the NE game and made some sort of comment about learning and Brady told him "I am still learning everyday" I believe Cousins took that to heart. Most of the very good QBs are film room junkies. I believe Cousin's is and will continue to be that same sort of QB, by that I mean in the way he prepares.
I was immediately connecting those dots too