• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Fitzgerald

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the postgame yesterday and he was asked about trade rumors... GM said it wasn't true, but Fitz's response suggested he believed it was possible.

18 million next year is pretty steep, and if the cards did trade him he would count 10 mil against their cap for a player not on the team next year..... but man I would love to see Fitz get a ring and play for a contender. A contender like the 49ers for instance. He is still the second best WR in the league in my opinion.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many years Steve Smith has got, and a #1 wideout to replace him is a big priority for the panthers. But this guy is going to be too expensive. But if you're talking "if onlys" I can't think of a whole lot of WRs I'd rather have in Charlotte.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta think the Cards will avoid trading Fitz within the division.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know a lot of teams that would want to pay the $18 million a year let alone actually finding the cap space for it. I know Fitzgerald is a huge talent and I agree is the 2nd best receiver in the NFL but no receiver is worth that kind of money. I would rather pay $9 million a year for 2 great receivers than $18 million for one outstanding receiver. Plus throw in with that kind of money being paid to Fitzgerald unless they draft an outstanding rookie quarterback he will never be able to play with a great quarterback in this league. He is making more than almost all of the quarterbacks already and teams just can't afford to have 2 players making that kind of money.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be pretty cool to see Boldin and Fitz reunited though. Such an amazing 1-2 punch back in the day.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many years Steve Smith has got, and a #1 wideout to replace him is a big priority for the panthers. But this guy is going to be too expensive. But if you're talking "if onlys" I can't think of a whole lot of WRs I'd rather have in Charlotte.

Dude, with fitzgerald and smith on the field together... That would be awesome.

You guys definitely can't afford it though....

Remaining salary-cap space for each NFL team - NFL.com

Looks like bucs, browns, dolphins, jags, bengals, bills, packers or with some wiggling the patriots could have the cap space to land him. Still can't see zona letting him go and paying 10 million next year for their best offensive weapon who isn't on the team.

packers or patriots would be in fitz best interest.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would see a team like the Redskins or Panthers maybe even the Lions going after him in the NFC.....could you imagine fitz and megatron on the same team?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public Report - NFLPlayers.com

Buffalo has just over $18mil
Cleveland has $25 mil
Jacksonville has just about $20mil
Miami has just over $18mil
Philadelphia has $17mil

Assuming a trade doesn't involve a restructure/extension. Very limited options for Arizona and all of them pretty fucking horrible for Fitzgerald.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be pretty cool to see Boldin and Fitz reunited though. Such an amazing 1-2 punch back in the day.

I agree, I have said ever since they let him go, that would haunt them. They compliment each other very well.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would see a team like the Redskins or Panthers maybe even the Lions going after him in the NFC.....could you imagine fitz and megatron on the same team?

I don't see how the panthers can afford them they don't even have 1 million in cap space as it is right now. Detroit has about 7 mil. Any team that is going to make a play will probably need at least 12 to 14 million right now in space to get it done.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have a hard time seeing how the Lions would go after him considering they already are paying top dollar for Johnson. Hard to see a top paid quarterback plus two top paid WR. Doesn't leave much for any other positions on the team.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, with fitzgerald and smith on the field together... That would be awesome.

You guys definitely can't afford it though....

Remaining salary-cap space for each NFL team - NFL.com

Looks like bucs, browns, dolphins, jags, bengals, bills, packers or with some wiggling the patriots could have the cap space to land him. Still can't see zona letting him go and paying 10 million next year for their best offensive weapon who isn't on the team.

packers or patriots would be in fitz best interest.

I can't see the Pats doing it. We just drafted three receivers that combined can't touch Fitz, I think BB wants a youth movement. Also not sure what the team cap looks like.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the panthers can afford them they don't even have 1 million in cap space as it is right now. Detroit has about 7 mil. Any team that is going to make a play will probably need at least 12 to 14 million right now in space to get it done.

Panthers have $11.8 million. The NFL.com page you used was last updated in March, the NFL Players association public report is updated 4 times a day. Public Report - NFLPlayers.com

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real problem is that the Cardinals don't have enough cap space to trade him. The accelerated dead money is around $20mil and the Cardinals only have around $6-7mil in available space. Fitz's contract would need to be restructured before he could be traded anywhere.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers have $11.8 million. The NFL.com page you used was last updated in March, the NFL Players association public report is updated 4 times a day. Public Report - NFLPlayers.com

There's no way (GM) Gettleman is going to pay that much, but as you said earlier, I think whoever got him would have to restructure. I think we're going to grab a WR in the draft. We just moved Jon Beason to the Giants, which left 12 m dead money the next two years, but removed a lot of hit thereafter, which is probably going to be used to resign Greg Hardy.

Fitz may be willing to take a pay cut, to play for one of the top teams.

I wonder what the Cards would be asking for him - a single no. 1 or 2 maybe? Or maybe lower just cause they want to dump his contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd look great in a Pats uni, too bad it's not happening.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for the Eagles to draft a really good QB in next years draft and trade for Fitz - Eagles really lack a skilled big receiver - too many smallish receivers on this team

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the postgame yesterday and he was asked about trade rumors... GM said it wasn't true, but Fitz's response suggested he believed it was possible.

18 million next year is pretty steep, and if the cards did trade him he would count 10 mil against their cap for a player not on the team next year..... but man I would love to see Fitz get a ring and play for a contender. A contender like the 49ers for instance. He is still the second best WR in the league in my opinion.

I'm a big fan of Fitz, but his contract is pretty much an untouchable for the next 2 seasons. I'm sure he wouldn't mind reworking the last 3 years for more G money, but for a 30 y/o player...even one as good as he his...$18 mil & $21.2 mil cap hit for the next 2 yrs for a non-QB is hard to trade for.

He could very well still be #2, but I would take Julio, and AJ Green over Fitz b/c they're cheaper and younger.