• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Fitzgerald

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of Fitz, but his contract is pretty much an untouchable for the next 2 seasons. I'm sure he wouldn't mind reworking the last 3 years for more G money, but for a 30 y/o player...even one as good as he his...$18 mil & $21.2 mil cap hit for the next 2 yrs for a non-QB is hard to trade for.

He could very well still be #2, but I would take Julio, and AJ Green over Fitz b/c they're cheaper and younger.

Fitz could "still" be a number 2?

You did not just say that?

I don't know, maybe its from playing against him twice every year that has given me so much respect for the guy... but you are under rating him by a long shot.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would see a team like the Redskins or Panthers maybe even the Lions going after him in the NFC.....could you imagine fitz and megatron on the same team?

It would remind me of a game I used to play as a kid... "500 Dead or Alive" I think we called it? Just heave that shit downfield every play and it's almost a guarantee that one of them would come down with it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know, maybe its from playing against him twice every year that has given me so much respect for the guy... but you are under rating him by a long shot.

Ummm I don't think you understood what he meant. He is not calling him a "#2 type of receiver" he was just questioning whether he was Second best in the league and listed a couple of guys that he may put over him. So pretty much he still had him as a top 5 receiver in the league just maybe not #2 as some have said on here that he is.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is the worst source possible when it comes to trade rumors... they have no clue. They just like to make story-lines.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had an article the other day about the Broncos trading Von Miller to the Cowboys for Morris Claiborne, DeMarco Murray, and a 2nd round pick. Now it was just a hypothetical type thing but they know it will never happen so why even bring it up? I know it can be hard to sometimes come up with subjects as I am a writer and public speaker for my career and it is hard sometimes to come up with new topics but there is a point that they are on the verge of just stupidity.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, not really...I respect his game...just taking younger guys that are pretty close to his level and a LOT cheaper on the cap.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real problem is that the Cardinals don't have enough cap space to trade him. The accelerated dead money is around $20mil and the Cardinals only have around $6-7mil in available space. Fitz's contract would need to be restructured before he could be traded anywhere.

That's exactly right. Fitz will renegotiate his contract so he is not such a big cap hit. Even if he doesn't, there is no way he is traded within the division.

Fitz is one of those rare players that aren't overly concerned with money. He signed the last contract knowing it would have to be renegotiated. One of the local radio stations were talking about how he life off his base salary and places every bit if his signing bonuses in savings (aside from donations).

I will say, if anyone deserves to get a ring, it is Fitz. Unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon with the Cards. He has had to endure such horrible QB play for so many years and yet he has never complained once.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... is awesome.

Oh sorry, was there a relevant topic here? I just read the thread title and posted my reaction.

I have amazing respect for Larry. Will always go down in my book as one of the best WRs to ever play the game. Never showboated, never was arrogant, loyal to the fanbase... was just like Jerry Rice. Went out, did his job, acted like he was there before, etc. I can't say the same for Seahawks WRs on our roster (TATE *COUGH*) but at least we got a name on our past teams that has some similar honors... (Largent for those living under a rock).

Would love to see Fitz get a ring. Seattle, San Fran are great candidates to do that, but Arizona wont trade division. He could probably get a freebie if he went with either. Both San Fran and Seattle are stacked at basically every position spare WR. San Fran far better O-Line though..... probably would stand a better chance there. Fitz + Davis + Crabs next year = lol hacks.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly right. Fitz will renegotiate his contract so he is not such a big cap hit. Even if he doesn't, there is no way he is traded within the division.

Fitz is one of those rare players that aren't overly concerned with money. He signed the last contract knowing it would have to be renegotiated. One of the local radio stations were talking about how he life off his base salary and places every bit if his signing bonuses in savings (aside from donations).

I will say, if anyone deserves to get a ring, it is Fitz. Unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon with the Cards. He has had to endure such horrible QB play for so many years and yet he has never complained once.
He is definitely an example of the best kind of player a team could ever hope for..Tony G was that way in KC too, its a shame the way things are working out for him now.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... is awesome.

Oh sorry, was there a relevant topic here? I just read the thread title and posted my reaction.

I have amazing respect for Larry. Will always go down in my book as one of the best WRs to ever play the game. Never showboated, never was arrogant, loyal to the fanbase... was just like Jerry Rice. Went out, did his job, acted like he was there before, etc. I can't say the same for Seahawks WRs on our roster (TATE *COUGH*) but at least we got a name on our past teams that has some similar honors... (Largent for those living under a rock).

Would love to see Fitz get a ring. Seattle, San Fran are great candidates to do that, but Arizona wont trade division. He could probably get a freebie if he went with either. Both San Fran and Seattle are stacked at basically every position spare WR. San Fran far better O-Line though..... probably would stand a better chance there. Fitz + Davis + Crabs next year = lol hacks.

I may be dating myself, but I remember watching number 80 (in seahawks colors) make plays every week. He was very similar to Fitz. He was always very modest on the field and respected the game.

Now you have idiots like Dez Bryant and Golden Tate stealing the headlines because of their antics as opposed to great play. Tate should have been looked at as the game hero, but all anyone is talking about is his taunting.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be dating myself, but I remember watching number 80 (in seahawks colors) make plays every week. He was very similar to Fitz. He was always very modest on the field and respected the game.

Now you have idiots like Dez Bryant and Golden Tate stealing the headlines because of their antics as opposed to great play. Tate should have been looked at as the game hero, but all anyone is talking about is his taunting.

Except Fitz still has more in his tank than Rice did when he went to seattle in my opinion. I mean Fitz is still near the top of his game. Rice had clearly declined by the time he was at Seattle, still a good WR, but he wasn't a huge playmaker in Seattle, he was less than half the player he was when he was at his best by that point. Fits is still a dominant WR if he had a good offense and QB to play with (no offense to the cards). Fitz is only 30 years old, he has a good 4-6 years left. Megatron is only two years younger than he is.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah Rice played for Seattle but I still didn't consider him an original Seahawk... but he didn't play too bad. I think he had a few TDs the only season he played with Seattle. Assuming you're talking Rice since you said "In Seahawks colors".

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah Rice played for Seattle but I still didn't consider him an original Seahawk... but he didn't play too bad. I think he had a few TDs the only season he played with Seattle. Assuming you're talking Rice since you said "In Seahawks colors".

My apologies for not being more specific. I was talking about Largent. Now I feel like i'm really dating myself. As a kid I remember my dad telling me to watch Largent (as I was a young player) He would always say he acted like a an athlete should. A real class act who worked hard because he didn't have all the physical ability. He always let his play do the talking.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners fans says it'd be nice it Fitz could get traded to a "contender". Cards were 10-6 last year and beat Seattle in their own house...something the Niners couldn't do despite getting two tries.

If Cards can fill the giant hole left by Dansby and Washington, Fitz is already on a contender.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners fans says it'd be nice it Fitz could get traded to a "contender". Cards were 10-6 last year and beat Seattle in their own house...something the Niners couldn't do despite getting two tries.

If Cards can fill the giant hole left by Dansby and Washington, Fitz is already on a contender.

Fitz and Floyd are scary , Palmer we shall see. I think Arians will be the difference maker