• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Woah, JaMo!

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLDR I know and I hate to cast doubt on a guy who averages 40 yards a play, but I am...

JaMo has one catch to his credit and one reverse to go with it. I know it is waay early but... He has more whiny walks back to the sidelines than catches...

This team is built on GRIT but he is starting to feel like a diva. His touchdown celebration (on a busted coverage) lasted longer than his 2022 highlight reel. His long arms are great but they are on display bitching about not getting the ball enough in the last two games. He battled back from injury and was rightly excited but come on!

He famously walked around Allen Park with a football in his arms ALL SUMMER/FALL but maybe it should have been a headset or a playbook...

Goff throws a very catchable ball. JaMo's an adjustment because he is so darn fast. But still the QB/WR are no where near on the same page and it is alarming to me.

One catch under his belt he had the stones to ask AARON RODGERS for a jersey swap??? I hope he brought one of those "Sale of the Century" briefcases of cash to that ask... I love the self-confidence but no way was it appropriate any level. JaMo should have asked for an autograph. JaMo may be out of touch with his standing in the NFL. This ask and Rodgers polite "I am going to hang on to this one" response would hold more weight if a respected NFL vet had made the request. Still blowhards are using it as evidence Rodgers may retire or leave GB. It was simply that Rodgers doesn't respect or know JaMo.

The final scare for me is Brad Holmes words. Holmes publicly implored JaMo to get more serious this off-season.

Jameson Williams is sooo talented. I am rooting for him. I just think there isn't that same fire to be a part of the team that makes Sewell, Amon-Ra, Hutch, Houston, Rodrigo, etc. Special.

He had a couple crushing blocks down field. It showed he can do the dirty work. He celebrates with his teammates. His speed will be an adjustment for Goff. I want receivers who want the ball.

I just hope next year when things aren't going his way he looks within and rather than whine on the sidelines he looks within and improves his play... Please find some humility JaMo. He can be Charles Rodgers or Herman Moore... The choice is his!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s very animated on the football field. No doubt about it.

Not sure how many snaps it took, I’d say four, before I said something out loud. His confidence and energy level are in the 99th percentile for his age group. Lol

He’s played 31 football games since HS. Losing nine of the home ones. One was the Panthers ass beating last month. And the others were A&M, Georgia another to Alabama. Which is kinda funny.

His lack of role down the stretch doesn’t worry me. Would have been okay with him never dressing on a Sunday tbh. But he got a head start on his first training camp.

He’s rusty for a kid that’s raw. That will be different by the third pre season game. When he’s one of fastest wide receivers in the league heading into the 2023 season.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he played at all this year was amazing. He was under a year removed from a torn ACL and made it to the field. I am not too worried about the numbers. If he keeps this pace with a full training camp, I will worry.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit I am becoming grumpy old man rapidly so JaMo's energy is on a different planet for what I am used to.seeing. The Lions receiver room has the right people to harness that personality so it would be best to give it time.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JaMo's energy is on a different planet for what I am used to.seeing

Living here in Bama territory I got used to his outgoing fiery persona. He didn't display diva tude for the one year here at all. He loves all aspects of football. He's a headhunter on ST or even blocking for other receivers or even run blocking. It was his first ever significant injury and maybe his personality traits got in the way a little for thinking he was more ready while the team was merely protecting their investment.

What I witnessed from the few snaps he did play this season, he's still not close to what he displayed physically while at Bama. His agility, balance and most importantly, his explosive get off from the L.O.S. or at the stem of his route isn't the same as it was in 2021. He definitely needs a full healthy off-season where he can participate more with his teammates. Hopefully Goff, ARSB, Chark, Reynolds and Kalif get together and workout similar to last off-season.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he played at all this year was amazing. He was under a year removed from a torn ACL and made it to the field. I am not too worried about the numbers. If he keeps this pace with a full training camp, I will worry.
I am more worries that he does not catch with his hands. That will be a big problem in the NFL.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems it takes a couple of years to come back from the injury JAMO suffered. Year one is mostly the physical healing, year two is gaining back the mental confidence if the physical is right. Watching the few plays where he handled the ball or acted as supporting cast he’s doing well. Looks like the knee has healed - now the confidence needs to rise to where it had been.

He contributed after having no real training camp and limited practice before being inserted into games. Next year should allow for a full integration into the team and scheme. After all, he’s just a rookie that could have scored on his first possession against each in-division foe except for a penalty in the GB game.

Reactions: Rob