• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin bringing in talent to FAU

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's an it's a loss of scholarships that would impact any team. The question being, how much does it impact a team still pulling in top 10 classes even within those limits? Should USC have lost 5+ games in 2/3 of Kiffin's 3 seasons there? I don't know how you'd answer anything other than no. Again, at any given time during that 3 year scholarship reduction, USC had at least 10 five stars on the Roster. Most teams without scholarship reductions have no where near that.

If we threw that same punishment on Alabama right now and Saban stayed in place, do you think Bama would have trouble winning 10 games a year still?

Yes, Saban would have trouble winning 10 games a year if we lost 10 scholarships a year, but it would probably take about 3 years for it to show up, and if he was still around and not fired by the busses after a loss, he's probably follow it up with a class of 35 recruits and fix it about a year later.

You seem to have no concept of how important depth and these scholarships are. Newsflash - good 5 stars do not stay more than 3 years. And there are many of them that do not work out for different reasons.

One of the reasons Alabama lost to Clemson was lack of depth and development in younger players. One of the Clemson coaches noted that Alabama players were often very winded and such because there was no rotation. Part of that is because we had too many recruiters on staff when we needed X's and O's - but if you have less scholarships - that shit is full time automatic with not only nothing to help that year, but you also lose development on future years - because they simply do not exist.

And on top of that, there is a lot of negatively that can be used against you in recruiting. Alabama and Saban are not the same "product" with these things hanging over their heads. So in addition to having limited scholarships you're also going ot have trouble pulling in the same top talent you had previously with the ones you have less.

As I said earlier - Kiffin's problem was his mouth. He embarrassed USC one too many times. Things like the deflated footballs and shit didn't help in that area either.

Sheluvsbama

Gone to the Devil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo he will do well. I really don't expect him to stay at FAU very long. He will get attention for them, and then the attention will shift to him, and he will be coaching somewhere else.