• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lance Stephenson to join the Lakers, Bulls, or Hornets?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...The Cavs are offering Hayward a Max deal.

I'm sure that will make Ariza and Stephensons camp happy.

No way either of those guys go for less than 10mil now, unless it's to a contender.

What the hell has Gordon Hayward done that would warrant him getting a high-paid contract? Am I missing something?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell has Gordon Hayward done that would warrant him getting a high-paid contract? Am I missing something?

Well, he does play in Utah.

So, it is possible that we are missing something.

I only see him when they play the Clippers.

He put up 16ppg, 5 dimes, 5 boards.

That doesn't seem max worthy to me.

But, the Cavs have to overpay to land guys.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13.8/7.2/4.6 PER 14.7

Those are pretty good (but not elite) numbers.

Add in immaturity and possible locker room issues, he is crazy to expect a giant deal from anyone.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a very good player. But the main reason that he is getting that type of offer is because he is a RFA. If he was an unrestricted FA, he likely would only be looking at $8-10 mil a season. In order for teams to steal RFA players from there bird rights team, they need to overpay them & hope that team doesn't match. That is just how the CBA is setup. It's not about how much he is worth, but if you can get him away from his Bird rights team.

Hayward had a down year & still averaged 16/5/5 on a bad team. You put him on a team with playmakers like the Suns & he could easily average 18/7/5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, if Gortat is worth 5/60 so is Lance.

As far as Gasol, you may be right, but I think he's gone. Lakers cant offer him a chance to win in the near future and I believe he is pissed form being the rumor of every trade the Lakers were involved in the last 2 years.
Very similar to Ray Allens mindset IMO.

This. Being the master motivator that Riley is, Riley will convince Gasol that he'll get his last ring with the big three and Gasol will take less money and be signed by the end of the summer.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to be a big Gordon fan but the he was a turnover machine down the stretch of the couple games I watched the jazz play this yr

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Being the master motivator that Riley is, Riley will convince Gasol that he'll get his last ring with the big three and Gasol will take less money and be signed by the end of the summer.

I like Riley but I think people glorify his capabilities. Gasol isn't going to Miami given what they'll likely be able to afford to pay him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's smart for both sides for the Pacers to lowball him and for him to reject it. The Pacers need him and they're hoping his playoff antics soured enough teams to where he won't get that much of a better offer. But he's talented enough to get more. He can conceivable guard 3 positions and is a two way player. He's borderline all star and most certainly a starter. If you look around the league, that kind of talent commands 10 to 13 mil on the open market. He's worth it so you sign him and just try to manage his emotions. If teams can keep Ron Artest under control, they can certainly do it with Lance.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Riley but I think people glorify his capabilities. Gasol isn't going to Miami given what they'll likely be able to afford to pay him.
Riley has excelled as both a coach and GM and has earned his acclaim.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's smart for both sides for the Pacers to lowball him and for him to reject it. The Pacers need him and they're hoping his playoff antics soured enough teams to where he won't get that much of a better offer. But he's talented enough to get more. He can conceivable guard 3 positions and is a two way player. He's borderline all star and most certainly a starter. If you look around the league, that kind of talent commands 10 to 13 mil on the open market. He's worth it so you sign him and just try to manage his emotions. If teams can keep Ron Artest under control, they can certainly do it with Lance.

I always thought the only reason Artest was kept under control was because of Kobe. He respected the Mamba that much. Artest never respected anyone on Indy like he did Kobe so he went ape shit all the time in Indiana.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance. Are they really going to spend $10m+ a year on a backup for Kobe?!?

He'd start next to Kobe for the 45-50 games Kobe will probably play next season and play SG when Kobe is on the IR.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they get Parsons or Bledsoe, ya. Stuckey is interested from what I have read. Lakers got Clarkson, no?

He's a 6th man super sub, that's his ceiling imo. He's really athletic and can play either guard spot.