• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamar Miller

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude..I resoect your passion, and knowledge..but man you gotta learn to not NEED to be right on EVERYTHING.. its okay to say..oops, my bad from time to time. This is one of those times

Dude, if you've followed me in any other threads on this board I've shown time and time again I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. Right now, we are basing everything on pure speculation so there is no right or wrong. If this was November and Miller was not doing anything and I was still saying this about him, yeah I'd back off. The guy clearly has talent and it's still widely speculated he will end up starting. Everything you say about him and his deficiencies, you can double for DT because he's been there 2 years now.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly both Blount and DT have their shortcomings and many limitations.
I actually wouldn't compare Blount to DT, but to Miller. As a rookie Blount had 1000 yds, 6 TDs, and a 5.0 avg YPC in 2010 (almost all in the last 11 games); just an explosion of productivity. But they still cut his workload in 2011 from about 18 carries a game to about 13, even though the guys behind him on the depth chart were scrubs, all because of pass protection. He could never get it going, and was a fantasy (and real-world) bust.

Now Miller is probably not as bad at pass protection as Blount was, but it's a cautionary tale. Also, DT may have developed into a better option as a runner than the mess the Bucs had behind Blount in 2011.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox you bring up a nice point with Blount/Martin. But I'm more inclined to lean towards Treff. One team's success doesn't always work for every other team. That said, perhaps all the whispers are accurate that Miller clearly is the better back over Thomas.

I'm still planning for 3 more drafts.

So is Miller worth a 3rd, or 4th round pick - basically what all of this boils down to for me? I'm leaning "yes" but not very confident.

Oh I'm not saying it's ironclad at all, and I'm also not saying Miller is as good as Martin. It's hard to say with the limited sample size. I'm just saying the two scenarios sound very, very similar, so there's no reason in my mind to write of Miller as it seems some folks on here are ready to do.

I got Miller at the back-end of the 4th in my PPR I did on Saturday. Right now he's sitting at my flex/RB3.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't compare Blount to DT, but to Miller. As a rookie Blount had 1000 yds, 6 TDs, and a 5.0 avg YPC in 2010 (almost all in the last 11 games); just an explosion of productivity. But they still cut his workload in 2011 from about 18 carries a game to about 13, even though the guys behind him on the depth chart were scrubs, all because of pass protection. He could never get it going, and was a fantasy (and real-world) bust.

Now Miller is probably not as bad at pass protection as Blount was, but it's a cautionary tale. Also, DT may have developed into a better option as a runner than the mess the Bucs had behind Blount in 2011.

Blount and Miller are completely dissimilar runners though, and Miller is a bigger weapon in space and in the passing game. Miller hasn't had an explosion of productivity either. Aside from their below average pass-pro skills, I'm not seeing any other similarities.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Miller at the back-end of the 4th in my PPR I did on Saturday. Right now he's sitting at my flex/RB3.
That's a good spot for him, I think.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is on my bench and he will stay there until he proves to be a better back than, AD, Stewart, or Forte.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow 3 pages of Miller and only once did Foot chime in
can it be..:omg: Miller is sliding...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As in Jonathan Stewart, the guy who is likely to start the season on the PUP list?

Well theres one we agree totally on Sox...low as I am on Miller..he'll be a lot better than Sewart. Even after he's off the pup

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well theres one we agree totally on Sox...low as I am on Miller..he'll be a lot better than Sewart. Even after he's off the pup

And see, this is why I have you guise to help lead me to a Fantasy natty, lol.

:dance:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here ya go.......looks lke this will be Daniel Thomas's 17th chance to shine. Watch him go off...........lol. I still find this hard to understand but I guess they are paying him might as well give him anothr chance. I hope he really sucks so there won't be another committee out there

Thomas will see the first- and second-down work in Saturday's exhibition game, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports. Analysis: Lamar Miller is slated for third-down work, meaning Thomas should see more opportunities on the first two downs. It's unclear how long this arrangement will last. It could also just be a way for the team to evaluate Miller's pass blocking, which coach Joe Philbin said will be a key factor in choosing a starting running back.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here ya go.......looks lke this will be Daniel Thomas's 17th chance to shine. Watch him go off...........lol. I still find this hard to understand but I guess they are paying him might as well give him anothr chance. I hope he really sucks so there won't be another committee out there

Thomas will see the first- and second-down work in Saturday's exhibition game, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports. Analysis: Lamar Miller is slated for third-down work, meaning Thomas should see more opportunities on the first two downs. It's unclear how long this arrangement will last. It could also just be a way for the team to evaluate Miller's pass blocking, which coach Joe Philbin said will be a key factor in choosing a starting running back.

That would be hilarious if this was the arrangement the Dolphins went with to start the season. Thomas is the better pass protector and Miller is the better runner. This would be the best way to play to the weaknesses of their players.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be hilarious if this was the arrangement the Dolphins went with to start the season. Thomas is the better pass protector and Miller is the better runner. This would be the best way to play to the weaknesses of their players.

Yeah, maybe they'll put Wallace in the slot and Hartline on the outside...................that would probably make a lot of sense for them................lol.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling Jonas Grey takes over at some point before too long!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all for not IMO......Thomas isn't taking advantage so Miller will probably win the starting job outright.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not watching the game - how's Miller doing on pass protection?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling Jonas Grey takes over at some point before too long!

I have to disagree...Jonas and his 1.5 ypc didn't do too great. As I figured, Lamar did a hell of a lot better running the ball, toting it for 35 yards on 8 carries. I'm not back to my original high opinion of him, but I do think he's definitely the starter.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to Release Miller?

1 - 14 - 8 - 14 - 1

Those are his standard scoring point totals for the first 5 weeks.

Is it time to cut him from the roster?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Nobody on the wire will be that good.