• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamar Miller

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to be the villain here...Lamar Miller seems like a good flex option. As mentioned before I wouldn't take him before/over Jones-Drew. If someone takes him in the 2nd round in any draft, 10 or 12 team...they reached!

I agree. Miller has a bright future IMO, but a 2nd rounder in any league is a reach at this point.

Word is Lamar is going to be the starter but Daniel Thomas will get goal-line carries. This for sure hurts Millers draft stock and I cant see him being more than a number 3 rb.... hes is still a good flex option and if u take him as ur 3rd rb ur in good shape.. Miller being a top 20 rb is at risk tho

RB1 Doug Martin
RB2 Chris Johnson
RB3/Flex Lamar Miller

:dance:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be shitting me...........................neck and neck? Gotta be coachspeak.

Miami offensive coordinator Mike Sherman said Miller and Daniel Thomas are "neck-and-neck" in the competition to start for Miami. Analysis: This is discouraging for Miller. No matter what Thomas can offer as a pass protector, he's lacking as a runner to the point that it's difficult to see how he could apply real heat to Miller in the race to emerge as Miami's primary ballcarrier. With a career rushing average of just 3.5 yards per carry over 256 rush attempts and as many fumbles (five) as career touchdowns, Thomas isn't the right choice for Miami's starting role.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas significantly outplayed Miller in the 2nd game and Miller fumbled an exchange in the first. I, for one am getting a little nervous on this one.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas significantly outplayed Miller in the 2nd game and Miller fumbled an exchange in the first. I, for one am getting a little nervous on this one.

This is courtesy of Rotoworld via ESPN:

If Thomas really forces a timeshare with Miller this year, he will likely damage Miller's fantasy value more than he'll create any for himself.
This could turn out to be one of the greatest fantasy hoaxes of all time. Back in May (when we had out Suicide draft), Lamar Miller was a late 5th round pick (last pick actually, 60th overall). And since May he has shot up to an ADP of 30, which is a mid-third round pick. True to that he went 32nd in the A league.

If Miller ends up being in a timeshare, it will go down in Fantasy history.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me this is just the coach trying to get both players motivated!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me this is just the coach trying to get both players motivated!

They must really like this guy to still have him around...............if he was just to get the short yardage and GL stuff I don't see it hurting Miller that much as he is pretty much a home run hitter anyway but if Thomas earns some kind of split? There goes the supposed "Bell Cow" that peeps have been drafting these last few weeks.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure why this is so shocking to some. Daniel Thomas came into the league with a lot of fanfare and a very good pedigree. Perhaps it just took him awhile to get it? Wouldn't be the first time a RB took a few years to blossom. Ahman Green, Tiki Barber, Preist Holmes come to mind instantly. Besides..Miller has never shown me anything to say he's hands down better.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller just can't break tackles. I'm worried that is why I lost a little luster on him. Add in that line looks to be the worst in the league and now this talk and I think I am staying away even though Ram did a good job talking me back into him, I have to stick with my gut on this one. The "stayawaydar" meter is now going off on Miller.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Miami has put up overall top 8 RB #s the past 2 years.

2) Miller is super fast, and looking to be the most talented back on the team.

3) Wallace will keep the safeties away from stacking the box.

4) If you look back to last season, he flashed a little bit in the limited touches he had.
(3 games with more than 6 carries -- 5.3, 6.5, 7.3 -- yards per carry in those games)

5) I think in general, the needle is pointing up in MIA, at least for now, in a weak division.

Reggie Bush is > Lamar miller

Fast does not = talented

Wallace is terribly overrated watched him run bad routes and drop tons of balls for years, but in a straight line hes fast

its all hype, on a team that won some offseason bidding.......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Jonas Gray the guy Joe pointed out. he looks the part of the next Out-of-no-where player. It's early but they are all ready thinking about calling him the goal line back, again like joe pointed. He average over 6.5 yards per carry in college his senior year. That's more than Trent Richardson had. he hurt himself but was a beast at Notre Dame his senior year.

and not a starter in college.......

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure why this is so shocking to some. Daniel Thomas came into the league with a lot of fanfare and a very good pedigree. Perhaps it just took him awhile to get it? Wouldn't be the first time a RB took a few years to blossom. Ahman Green, Tiki Barber, Preist Holmes come to mind instantly. Besides..Miller has never shown me anything to say he's hands down better.

Daniel Thomas not only runs like a pussy, but he fumbles constantly. I still like Miller's potential a LOT more than Thomas'. DT had 2 seasons with Reggie Bush, a guy who by no means is a goal line back. He has 4 TDs 256 career attempts as a goal line back. There is nothing there that is worth a damn.

I think Miller just needs consistent carries and he will come through. There were only 3 games last year that he got a decent amount of carries - Oakland, NYJ and Buffalo. He carried 29 times for 186 yards and a TD. Otherwise, it was impossible for him to even get in a groove. I truthfully think Miller is just a guy who needs the touches to get comfortable and he will come through with some big plays, and he certainly has the ability to break off some big chunks of yards in space, which makes me think he'll definitely get used in the passing game. Afterall, Miami threw 105 passes to RBs not named Daniel Thomas last year. Reggie Bush is gone, and he made up half of those, so they have to go to someone. I guess call it a hunch, but I am not jumping to a rash decision about the kid.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well truth be told, I wouldn't be high on either of them, even if they were the hands down every down back. Just saying it doesn't shock me in the slightest that neither has separated himself from the other is all.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a 2012 team preview quote, not from the Dolphins: "The (Team) already had a very capable between-the-tackles runner in (Incumbent RB) (781 rushing yards, 5 TD, 15 receptions) on the roster, but the powerfully built third-year pro had problems with fumbles a year ago and offers little in the passing game (Sound familiar?). The rookie is ticketed to be the headliner of what will be a committee approach in the backfield, as (Coach) intends to utilize a more run- oriented, ball-control game plan designed to help combat the team's turnover and defensive issues."

Know who this is?

Yep, the 2012 TB Buccaneers. We all know what happened there.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the 2012 TB Buccaneers. We all know what happened there

So because Doug Martin did it, Miller will?

I see the straw you're reaching for and I think you're way off

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So because Doug Martin did it, Miller will?

I see the straw you're reaching for and I think you're way off

I am not comparing Miller and Martin's skillsets, merely their situations.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the situation isn't the same..Miller is no rook..and he had a valud shot last year to make it a moot point, apparently he didn't

That's why I think you're just off on the comparison..maybe not apples and oranges, but sure ain't apples to apples.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, crucially, Blount was a mess in pass protection. I had him in 2011 and they simply pulled him when it might be a passing situation (not even when it was always a passing play, but when it might be), so he lost tons of carries. Thomas doesn't have that problem - apparently that's one thing he's clearly better at than Miller.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the situation isn't the same..Miller is no rook..and he had a valud shot last year to make it a moot point, apparently he didn't

That's why I think you're just off on the comparison..maybe not apples and oranges, but sure ain't apples to apples.

Blount, like Thomas, was there simply because he was supposed to be the goal line back. I know Miller isn't a rookie, but he's a 2nd year with not a lot of experience. Blount was in the TB coaching staff's doghouse, just like DT in Miami, but they kept him on to start the season and there was supposed to be a reported RBBC right up until the season started.

Here's another comparison - Last year, Miller had 51 carries for 250 yards and 1 TD. In Doug Martin's first 51 carries of his NFL career, he had 194 yards and 1 TD. He didn't start huge out of the gate, but he picked it up. This is what I think will happen with Miller. Give him some carries and get him into a groove and he will produce. As I mentioned before, in the 3 games last year where had had his most carries combined, he had his highest output and YPA.

And, crucially, Blount was a mess in pass protection. I had him in 2011 and they simply pulled him when it might be a passing situation (not even when it was always a passing play, but when it might be), so he lost tons of carries. Thomas doesn't have that problem - apparently that's one thing he's clearly better at than Miller.

Blount was also a solid power runner, something Thomas struggles with because he doesn't run hard to match his frame. Clearly both Blount and DT have their shortcomings and many limitations.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude..I resoect your passion, and knowledge..but man you gotta learn to not NEED to be right on EVERYTHING.. its okay to say..oops, my bad from time to time. This is one of those times

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox you bring up a nice point with Blount/Martin. But I'm more inclined to lean towards Treff. One team's success doesn't always work for every other team. That said, perhaps all the whispers are accurate that Miller clearly is the better back over Thomas.

I'm still planning for 3 more drafts.

So is Miller worth a 3rd, or 4th round pick - basically what all of this boils down to for me? I'm leaning "yes" but not very confident.