• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamar Miller

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok some one explain this guy to me.. what am i missing here that i dont see something to match the hype ?? mocks have him early to late second round.. so between 10- 15 RB ?? am i just blind cause im a Pats fan ??

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Miami has put up overall top 8 RB #s the past 2 years.

2) Miller is super fast, and looking to be the most talented back on the team.

3) Wallace will keep the safeties away from stacking the box.

4) If you look back to last season, he flashed a little bit in the limited touches he had.
(3 games with more than 6 carries -- 5.3, 6.5, 7.3 -- yards per carry in those games)

5) I think in general, the needle is pointing up in MIA, at least for now, in a weak division.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok some one explain this guy to me.. what am i missing here that i dont see something to match the hype ?? mocks have him early to late second round.. so between 10- 15 RB ?? am i just blind cause im a Pats fan ??

Gonna touch the ball a lot IMO and can catch the ball out of the backfield. With virtually no competition (well, Thomas might win the GL job) the job is pretty much his. Still, I'm not that high on the home run hitter types in my RB's (says the guy who just drafted Charles and CJ1.5K) but again, he should see the ball a lot.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that makes me hesitate on Miller is that the Fins have consistently said that he will NOT be the goalline back. Why? I don't know. Latest reports courtesy of Rotoworld show that Jonas Gray "might" overtake Daniel Thomas for short-yardage duty.

I don't get the logic to be honest. If Miller is clearly the best runner, why would you not give him GL duties? But it is what it is. So you can only assume that Miami will not use him on the GL.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks all.. all i heard out of miami last year was bush and thomas.. but then thomas got hurt or was being punished and miller stepped up.. then all of a sudden there was hype about being a top back.. so i wasnt sure.. thanks for the info..

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com
(08/11/13) Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Sherman told reporters he'd prefer to use one running back on all three downs.
"You hate to substitute -- he's this guy, he's that guy -- we want complete players back there," Sherman said, according to the team's website. "I'm not a believer in the third-down back necessarily; I think you tip your hand."

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice update. Thanks.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm right there with ya...didn't see anything special last year..don't anticipate a change this year. I will gladly let someone take him in the second, third, maybe even fourth.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right there with ya...didn't see anything special last year..don't anticipate a change this year. I will gladly let someone take him in the second, third, maybe even fourth.

I would not consider him in the 2nd round. That is plain crazy. If RBs are flying off the board, then it might make sense to gamble on him at the end of the third, but that would still be a gamble. 4th round seems OK, 5th round is great.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Jonas Gray the guy Joe pointed out. he looks the part of the next Out-of-no-where player. It's early but they are all ready thinking about calling him the goal line back, again like joe pointed. He average over 6.5 yards per carry in college his senior year. That's more than Trent Richardson had. he hurt himself but was a beast at Notre Dame his senior year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not consider him in the 2nd round. That is plain crazy. If RBs are flying off the board, then it might make sense to gamble on him at the end of the third, but that would still be a gamble. 4th round seems OK, 5th round is great.

Well yeah sure..a RB nearly guaranteed the lions share of touches in the 5th or later? As long as his name isn't Ahmed Bradshaw, sign me up. 5th round in my drafter model is RB3..I'd go so far as to agree Miller would be a very nice RB3

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Treff & tlance, valid points about Miller. I agree. But let me play devil's advocate.

You should WANT a RB that will be the SOLE ball carrier. By my calculations I see about 17 or 18 teams that will lean only on one guy. And of these 17 or 18 teams, about a half dozen of them come with health, or age risks. The rest of the teams employ a committee.

Don't misunderstand, some committees can be productive. But as players are drafted and the RB corps start thinning down, you draft one because you NEED the depth at RB - hoping that they out-perform expectations.

Why take a chance in later rounds on a RBBC guy when you can secure a go-to RB earlier?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are what I'm going for Joe...why anyone takes a committee back to be one of their top 2 is beyond me. Heck..I try real hard to make sure every RB on my team is a feature and not part of a committee. Rarely works, but I try.
But I still don't think Miller can hold Vareen's jock strap..he'll outscore him by virtue of volume of course, but thats where I am.

Basically..by most definitions he is a RB2...me?? I want two better..and if I don't want him as my #2, I wont advise anyone any deferently

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even with that, I'd still love Miller as RB3 with RB1 potential. really arent many of those guys period, so if you can get one, it may be worth taking 3 RBs within your first 5 rounds, imo

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Treff in principle, but I just don't see 24 RBs better than Miller. I probably won't get him because I have him down at the 19th RB, even when I factor in McFadden/Murray/MJD - the killer Ms - missing some time.

But there are some backs where the situation isn't clear - especially the killer B rookies Bell, Ball and Bernard. I expect Bell to be the guy in Pittsburgh, Ball to be on committee, and Bernard to end up as the lead back with BJGE the short-yardage guy... but I could be wrong.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to be the villain here...Lamar Miller seems like a good flex option. As mentioned before I wouldn't take him before/over Jones-Drew. If someone takes him in the 2nd round in any draft, 10 or 12 team...they reached!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to be the villain here...Lamar Miller seems like a good flex option. As mentioned before I wouldn't take him before/over Jones-Drew. If someone takes him in the 2nd round in any draft, 10 or 12 team...they reached!

Kinda funny..but, even though I'm one of Miller's biggest non believers, I'd take him over MJD anyday.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last blurb on roto that I saw was talking about a 'true RBBC' between Miller and Thomas. Outside of GL duties, which I doubt Thomas is that much better than Miller at to begin with, not sure why MIA would go this route, but I still think Miller gets 2-3 carries/touches to Thomas' 1. Thomas has been banged up both of his years in the NFL, so it may just take a few weeks before Miller solidifies his lead dog role.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Lamar is going to be the starter but Daniel Thomas will get goal-line carries. This for sure hurts Millers draft stock and I cant see him being more than a number 3 rb.... hes is still a good flex option and if u take him as ur 3rd rb ur in good shape.. Miller being a top 20 rb is at risk tho

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller can catch out of the backfield. I also don't see why Thomas is gonna get goal line carries. He is bigger, but he runs like a little nancy. What he brings to the table, they could get more of from a guy like Michael Turner.