• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers plan to court Kevin Ollie and John Calipari

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, those are my posts and what evidence in either one is what your complaining about? I am assuming the character assassination statements are what has you jimmies in a bind? AS is stated , it is being used to avoid the real issue of property stealing. That is why I mentioned it. And tell me what is your stance besides why you think I am supporting the racist side of the equation when I told you what the issue is?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Kevin Ollie as the next Lakers Coach!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So do I. I'll be looking forward to that presser in July 2016 when Mitch is introducing their newest free agent acquisition; Kevin Durant :nod:.

It's a visionary choice Jimmy. Make it happen.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I. I'll be looking forward to that presser in July 2016 when Mitch is introducing their newest free agent acquisition; Kevin Durant :nod:.

I want Durant and he would be the answer for the next franchise face, but its gonna be hell pulling him from OKC.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't much of a Kevin Ollie fan when his name was first mentioned, but the more I hear about the guy, the more I like him. He's only a couple of years removed from being in the league himself, knows many of the current players and seems to be well liked by them.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Durant and he would be the answer for the next franchise face, but its gonna be hell pulling him from OKC.

It'll only be hard if they win a championship imo. The fact that the owner has shown so far he is unwilling to pay the tax to keep talent around KD is key. If OKC doesn't win a title between now and 2016 and Bennett is still on the cheap, I'd say it would be a safe bet KD will be looking to sign elsewhere. He loves OKC, but you can tell by his demeanor that he loves greatness more. He understands he has to get rings to achieve that and he's going wherever he feel like he can get that done.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll only be hard if they win a championship imo. The fact that the owner has shown so far he is unwilling to pay the tax to keep talent around KD is key. If OKC doesn't win a title between now and 2016 and Bennett is still on the cheap, I'd say it would be a safe bet KD will be looking to sign elsewhere. He loves OKC, but you can tell by his demeanor that he loves greatness more. He understands he has to get rings to achieve that and he's going wherever he feel like he can get that done.

:agree: It used to be that star players would stay with a team until they were getting close to the end of their careers before they would go "ring hunting". Now, they are willing to leave earlier in their careers so they can get more rings.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope so.

I doubt Kevin Durant leaves OKC.

Yea, this is most likely. But we can always hope.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, nobody knows much about Ollie. He only two years college coaching experience, let alone any NBA head coaching experience.

He'd be better off as an assistant, work his way up to a smaller NBA team before taking over one of the most successful sports franchises in the world.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, nobody knows much about Ollie. He only two years college coaching experience, let alone any NBA head coaching experience.

He'd be better off as an assistant, work his way up to a smaller NBA team before taking over one of the most successful sports franchises in the world.

That's more experience than Mark Jackson or Jason Kidd had or than Steve Kerr has. Ollie at least seems to be someone that current players want to play for. The Lakers are already a destination franchise, but having a coach that players want to play for can only help.

Whoever they hire, the Lakers need to get this right.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be a bold move to get Ollie. I hope the Lakers get it right this time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a bold move to get Ollie. I hope the Lakers get it right this time.

There's the rub!! If it works, it was a bold move. If it doesn't, it was stupid.

It's like Magic's comments after the trade that brought Dwight and Nash. When it happened, Magic (and pretty much everyone else) said it was a "bold move" that would get the Lakers right back in title contention.

When it didn't work, Magic said it was a "stupid trade" and slammed the Lakers FO for it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armchairing sports franchise moves is always easier than actually having to pull the trigger. Everybody is a genius from afar.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the rub!! If it works, it was a bold move. If it doesn't, it was stupid.

It's like Magic's comments after the trade that brought Dwight and Nash. When it happened, Magic (and pretty much everyone else) said it was a "bold move" that would get the Lakers right back in title contention.

When it didn't work, Magic said it was a "stupid trade" and slammed the Lakers FO for it.

Yes that is true. I am glade I don' t have to make the decision:lol: At least we will have a fresh start next year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Kerr unepectedly is taking the HC with Golden State, Derek Fisher and Kurt Rambis are the leading candidates for the New York job. That means the Lakers focus may contend more strongly with Ollie, Calipari, or Byron Scott.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glade they are taking their time.