• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers plan to court Kevin Ollie and John Calipari

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the NBA By-laws and you'll find your answer there. Shirley has already stated she is not selling the team. She is married to this racist asshole (your words) does that make her one too?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you defending this racist ass hole? What the fuck kind of case does he have?

Who's defending him? From a legal perspective, the NBA is going to have a very difficult time trying to strip him of ownership. That's not defending Sterling, it's stating a legal fact. People can't just be stripped of their property rights simply because they have a point of view that others find distasteful.

In the unlikely event that they are able to force him to sell, he only owns 50% of the team. Shelly Sterling owns the other 50%. Shelly has an even stronger case for keeping her 50% because she is not the one who made the statements and Silver stated specifically that they were looking to punish only Donald Sterling.

Bottom line, unless BOTH Sterlings can be persuaded to sell (which appears unlikely given their recent statements), the NBA is in for a long, drawn out fight that they are unlikely to win.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Yahoo Sports has brought a story out accusing Shelly Sterling (I don't know why I was referring to her as Shirley, oh well) of suffering from early stages of dementia because she believes her husband is not a racist and has openly stated such. What these liberal nutbags will do to smear someone's character all in the name of pusing an agenda is amazing to me.

There was no mention of a diagnoses by anyone in the medical or neuropsychology fields in the article. Just a blatant story that has little factual basis so far. What a load of BS.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Yahoo Sports has brought a story out accusing Shelly Sterling (I don't know why I was referring to her as Shirley, oh well) of suffering from early stages of dementia because she believes her husband is not a racist and has openly stated such. What these liberal nutbags will do to smear someone's character all in the name of pusing an agenda is amazing to me.

There was no mention of a diagnoses by anyone in the medical or neuropsychology fields in the article. Just a blatant story that has little factual basis so far. What a load of BS.

The only time I heard of her saying he wasn't a racist was immediately after the recording was released and very few people (likely her included) had heard the full recordings. As soon as the full recording was out there, she basically distanced herself and said that his comments do not reflect her or her kids views.

This thing has gotten so ridiculous.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, the NBA has made it clear this party is over. There will be new ownership ahead, and it looks like it will include the likes of Costner or Oprah or even Magic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, the NBA has made it clear this party is over. There will be new ownership ahead, and it looks like it will include the likes of Costner or Oprah or even Magic.

We'll see. Different legal experts are saying different things. Most seem to be saying that the NBA is in for a long, drawn out fight that they would likely lose. However, ESPN just had a legal expert say there is no chance that the Sterlings still own the Clippers at the start of next season.

Honestly, I don't think anyone really knows what the hell is going to happen.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your true colors are showing Mr. Sterling apologist. No one is spearing his character. He did it to himself.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there already a topic for Sterling talk? I've come here the last two days thinking I'd get new coaching news only to be letdown. :(

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there already a topic for Sterling talk? I've come here the last two days thinking I'd get new coaching news only to be letdown. :(

I agree, why the hell are talking about Sterling on this Lakers thread ?? :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There really isn't any coaching news on the Lakers. They are being pretty closed mouth (which I like). The last that I think anyone has heard is that they have compiled/are compiling a list and will then decide who they are going to interview.

I would be surprised if they interview anyone before they know where they will be in the draft.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your true colors are showing Mr. Sterling apologist. No one is spearing his character. He did it to himself.

:L

Try going back and re-reading his post. If you still don't understand what he's saying, let me know and I'll explain.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Try going back and re-reading his post. If you still don't understand what he's saying, let me know and I'll explain.

It is a shame you have to butt in to something that was not ment for you. I suggest you go back and read his post since you seem to have comprehension issues. I don't think anyone needs you to fight their battles for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Different legal experts are saying different things. Most seem to be saying that the NBA is in for a long, drawn out fight that they would likely lose. However, ESPN just had a legal expert say there is no chance that the Sterlings still own the Clippers at the start of next season.

Honestly, I don't think anyone really knows what the hell is going to happen.

This.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I heard of her saying he wasn't a racist was immediately after the recording was released and very few people (likely her included) had heard the full recordings. As soon as the full recording was out there, she basically distanced herself and said that his comments do not reflect her or her kids views.

This thing has gotten so ridiculous.

This too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a shame you have to butt in to something that was not ment for you. I suggest you go back and read his post since you seem to have comprehension issues. I don't think anyone needs you to fight their battles for them.

It's a shame that you are so desperate to pick a fight with someone over this that you can't comprehend someone's post and claim they are defending a racist. The least little bit of reading comprehension would show that he did the opposite.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Sterling has become the proverbial "gift that keeps on giving". His full comments about Magic have been published:

"What kind of guy goes to every city, has sex with every girl, then he catches HIV? Is that someone we want to respect and tell our kids about? I think he should be ashamed of himself, he should go into the background. But what does he do for the black people? He doesn't do anything."

He also claims that Magic led him on about helping him through this. "He said 'Don't do anything. I will help you,' I think he wanted me to do nothing so he could buy the team. I think he thought it would all be over in 2 weeks."

So much for his "apology"!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you defending this racist ass hole? What the fuck kind of case does he have?

Have you read the By-Laws yet Tomodach or are you just looking for someone to get into an argument with? I am defending his right to own property and not have it taken away just because he made some comments, which to date, have yet to be substantiated as fact. Until all of the facts are in, and they may never be, I am defending that right because until the law changes and makes it a felony for free speech in the privacy of one's own home, then we are all in danger of having things taken from us just for expressing an opinion.

That would be like me sending you an edict or writ stating that because you asked an inefficacious question regarding what I posted on a free speech site as the SportsHoopla, I am going to have the local government of your domicile take away something you own because you violated my by-laws. Do you get that now?

Granted, I think the Donald is a sleeze ball of the highest order right up their with Al Sharpton, Larry Flynt, George Soros, and others. Eventually the truth will prevail and if Sterling violated league By-laws and is found guilty of an infraction that his private remarks violated, I'll be the first to support the sale of the team.

I am defending his right to own property as well as Shelly's because in this country, property rights are protected and not infringed because of free speech, especially private free speech. I am not sure you have any interest in the rule of the law as it applies here since apparently you are just looking for a tussle of some nature.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fight to keep the team involves both Shirley and Donald. Shirley has already vowed to keep her half as has been mentioned and Donald is now stating privately that he is going to fight the NBA because he believes he has a winnable case and he is seeking a law firm to help achieve that end.

I think this is going to be a protracted fight and I see Donald winning it because I believe he has a case as well. In either case, the Clips are not going to be sold anytime soon and some of the players and the NBA are going to end up looking like a collective set of baffoons.

THIS...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS....