• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Could Get To WCF Finals

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duhon is still in the league?

And why haven't the Lakers signed Steven Jackson?

They can't. Rules dictate Jackson can't sign with any playoff bound team due to the timing of his release.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say the lakers win the title this year. Nash and Howard and the boys go on some insane run.. here's the question.. how many laker fans all of a sudden claim Kobe got 6 like Jordan?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey StarBigD and Wild Turkey: Stevie has a way of putting together a couple of games like he did earlier in the season when the Lakers had a host of injuries. He played well for about 2-4 games and then, because he knew Kobe would bail him out, went back to less than optimal playing and riding the pines. Now that he knows Kobe is toast, I think he may step up his game if not offensively certainly defensively. The same goes for Duhon and D'Antoni who the latter had that ridiculously stupid strategy of the 7-man rotation which was probably a factor in contributing to Kobe's injury along with Kobe's insistence on not resting when he should have.Even if guys like Duhon don't do much offensively, their fresh legs are needed defensively which is what happened against SA. If they all go in a shell including Blake, then you both will probably be right.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say the lakers win the title this year. Nash and Howard and the boys go on some insane run.. here's the question.. how many laker fans all of a sudden claim Kobe got 6 like Jordan?

i'd personally wouldn't go that far. but let's face it, Kobe DID at least get this team in position to maybe get in. without that they wouldn't even be sniffing the playoffs right now...

CL67, owner of the thoughts of bandwagoners EVERYWHERE

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers can no longer depend on Kobe's offense. That said the defensive effort now will step up for the entire game. You saw it when Kobe went out a few games ago, and now you saw it against the Spurs. The only thing now to consider, will these guys rally around Pau and Dwight and score enough offense to take a series or two? If they can get there that would put them in the WCF and from there who knows TLF. I guess what I'm trying to say is, one step at a time....

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita!!!! lol, welcome back to the fold, bro...

CL67, owner of the thoughts of bandwagoners EVERYWHERE

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Vita and CL: Good to see both of you made it out of that CBS mess. Vita, I started a Rams thread over in the NFL forum. There is nobody there. We are going to have to change all of that. I hope Blue, Silas, Smed55, Sportsjunkie, ShaneC, Northside, Stevieisgod, and others make over too. I hope other Laker greats make here like Jefe, BRS, wlkwlk, Blue, Kold, and others make it as well.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Vita and CL: Good to see both of you made it out of that CBS mess. Vita, I started a Rams thread over in the NFL forum. There is nobody there. We are going to have to change all of that. I hope Blue, Silas, Smed55, Sportsjunkie, ShaneC, Northside, Stevieisgod, and others make over too. I hope other Laker greats make here like Jefe, BRS, wlkwlk, Blue, Kold, and others make it as well.

lol, well first off i'm a dyed-in-the-wool Chiefs fan, though born here in L.A.(blame my relatives, they're K.C. natives), but i DO enjoy good football discussion...

CL67

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they can dominate but will they dominate? On paper, they are a better team than the Spurs but I'm not betting against wily old veterans like Timmy and Pops. This injury to Kobe due to the severe nature of it, means that he has entered the stage where he's going to likely be a liability to the future development of the team.Kobe is going to have a very difficult time leaving the game.

Hey, I'm very glad to have more NL West baseball fans here. Be sure to chime in over there.

And if you don't mind me asking, are you in LA? I'm out in Temecula. :suds:

Temecula!! I used to live there. In Hemet now!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well CL, the Rams won't be playing the Chiefs this year in preseason for the Gov's cup. I remember you from the Lakers page on CBS.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well CL, the Rams won't be playing the Chiefs this year in preseason for the Gov's cup. I remember you from the Lakers page on CBS.

yeah, no longer an annual event. kinda sucks, actually. but then i'm kind of a fan of tradition...

CL67

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree. Apparently the Rams are moving up in the football world and they added the Ravens and Raiders I believe.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey StarBigD and Wild Turkey: Stevie has a way of putting together a couple of games like he did earlier in the season when the Lakers had a host of injuries. He played well for about 2-4 games and then, because he knew Kobe would bail him out, went back to less than optimal playing and riding the pines. Now that he knows Kobe is toast, I think he may step up his game if not offensively certainly defensively. The same goes for Duhon and D'Antoni who the latter had that ridiculously stupid strategy of the 7-man rotation which was probably a factor in contributing to Kobe's injury along with Kobe's insistence on not resting when he should have.Even if guys like Duhon don't do much offensively, their fresh legs are needed defensively which is what happened against SA. If they all go in a shell including Blake, then you both will probably be right.

Nothing personal, but this is wishful thinking at it's finest.

Blake is not going to give you much on either side of the ball....offense or defense, and neither is Duhon. You match up either of them on a completely healthy Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Steph Curry......they are TOAST.

They didn't even slow Parker down in that game. He just missed open shots and even layups.

MJ23

Rousey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have a shot against the Spurs. OKC would have buried them, but SA is old and slow. Spurs in six

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course anything can happen, but I don't think the Lakers have what it takes to make it to the WCF. I do think they have a good chance to beat the Spurs. The Spurs are the better team but they haven't been exactly playing their best ball recently. They are a little beat up.

The Lakers need to keep the pace as slow as possible, obviously limit TOs and transition opportunities, and pound the paint with D12 and Gasol. I still think an inside-out offense is the most effective. That's really all they have without any creators on the perimeter (Kobe/Nash injured), although Blake is showing me that he can effectively run "horns" sets.

D12 is looking really good on the court recently. He's able to make multiple actions during a single play, has his second/third jumps back, and is getting up and down the court quickly. He is back to having a huge impact on the defensive end which could end up being the difference for the Lakers this postseason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you one of them old farts I always see driving 10 mph and holding traffic up something fierce

Lol!! No, they drive me crazy!! I have learned the different ways to get around town and avoid Florida Ave. as much as possible!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I agree. I think San Antonio takes down the Lakers is 6 at most...Probably 5 if they hold serve in the first 2 games "

Despite their recent play, Spurs are 9 pt favorite game 1 and 11-1 favorite to win the series.

Heat on the other hand are 100-1 favorites to win series vs Bucks