• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Acquire Jose Calderon In Trade

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are dumping Calderon in a trade to Los Angeles and sending Mike Dunleavy to the Cavaliers. Not sure what the terms are, but ESPN is calling it an opportunistic trade. He will earn 7.7 million and averages 7.6 ppg, 3 rpg and 4 apg. Not the greatest but does provide the Lakers with some help with the guards. His age shouldn't be a problem since he won't be there only one year

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs and lakers get players for nothing, those are always the best type of trades....because if they don't work out, who cares

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you're being a bit dismissive. Calderon is still pretty viable. This is a really solid get, especially considering they gave up effectively nothing for him. And when you look at all the PGs left in FA, he's rank above them all

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you're being a bit dismissive. Calderon is still pretty viable. This is a really solid get, especially considering they gave up effectively nothing for him. And when you look at all the PGs left in FA, he's rank above them all
I don't know what to think to be honest. I saw that ESPN spoke well of the guy and all of the reports I've ever seen has him as being pretty good, but I don't take ESPN as a station that is knowledgeable. That said, I am hopeful he is as good as they say. His numbers aren't that great, so his skills as a point will be bringing the ball up the court and teaching Russell. It would be the first time ever that the Lakers actually had two legitimate point guards that I know of since Magic Johnson

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to think to be honest. I saw that ESPN spoke well of the guy and all of the reports I've ever seen has him as being pretty good, but I don't take ESPN as a station that is knowledgeable. That said, I am hopeful he is as good as they say. His numbers aren't that great, so his skills as a point will be bringing the ball up the court and teaching Russell. It would be the first time ever that the Lakers actually had two legitimate point guards that I know of since Magic Johnson

He's not starter quality anymore (at least not on a playoff team) but he's still got enough game to where he could help a contender. He'll be a great fit with Walton since he's got a very solid shooting stroke and is a nifty passer

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not starter quality anymore (at least not on a playoff team) but he's still got enough game to where he could help a contender. He'll be a great fit with Walton since he's got a very solid shooting stroke and is a nifty passer
I would be happy if he helps get to at least 40 wins. With Deng, Mozgov and Calderon - the Lakers only have to have two rookies start and can actually compete and take the rookies a little slower

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy if he helps get to at least 40 wins. With Deng, Mozgov and Calderon - the Lakers only have to have two rookies start and can actually compete and take the rookies a little slower

Lower your expectations unless you want high blood pressure come next season. We'll be doing exceedingly well to hit 30. That's much more reasonable and attainable

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are dumping Calderon in a trade to Los Angeles and sending Mike Dunleavy to the Cavaliers. Not sure what the terms are, but ESPN is calling it an opportunistic trade. He will earn 7.7 million and averages 7.6 ppg, 3 rpg and 4 apg. Not the greatest but does provide the Lakers with some help with the guards. His age shouldn't be a problem since he won't be there only one year

He'll be good for the young guys, especially Russell. He's a solid backup off the bench. If nothing else, he shot 41% from 3 last year. If you took the 3 point shooting percentages from all of the Lakers last year, it might not add up to 41%. lol

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the worst starting pg in the league last year but coming off the bench he could give a little spark every now and then.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be good for the young guys, especially Russell. He's a solid backup off the bench. If nothing else, he shot 41% from 3 last year. If you took the 3 point shooting percentages from all of the Lakers last year, it might not add up to 41%. lol
I like it, and when I saw the article - I remembered him as a hot player in the past and got excited. But then you know the feeling you get when you think your wife will be gone the entire weekend with the kids and they walk in the door and reality sets in. Common sense tells me he will help but is not the great player of the past but yeah - he will be able to help Russell

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My nephew is really going to be pissed - He's expecting 50 wins:lol:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so many changes and players I have no clue how next season is going to go

Should be exciting

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the text here - He said may be we will have a .500 season. I never said he was realistic. This is the same one that told me he was the boss(not his wife) after he got married, so consider the source:pound:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be thrilled if the Lakers get 35 wins. It would turn the franchise page and put the Lakers on the map next summer

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did we get him, but we got 2 second round picks as well. And if the Lakers are smart they can trade him to a playoff team who needs depth for a first round pick if for some reason one of their PGs get hurt or they need more depth there.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did we get him, but we got 2 second round picks as well. And if the Lakers are smart they can trade him to a playoff team who needs depth for a first round pick if for some reason one of their PGs get hurt or they need more depth there.
Not a bad move at all and considering how much extra the Lakers paid for Mozgove, Calderon comes at a good price

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great move. And this is what LA should have done with their open CAP before all the 4 year FA signings. Maybe you can teach an old dog