• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really sense that the Lakers have increased their talent even though we lost a few.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really sense that the Lakers have increased their talent even though we lost a few.
You get a decent head coach who can get few young hungry guys to play defense and not suck on offense along with a well rested Kobe and who knows......

So... What's up with the coach?

Anybody got a clue? :noidea:

hi-res-80473454d5f20a0262bc4a21ec16f917_crop_exact.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I'm getting more excited about the Lin signing. Not sure how this was a bad trade for LA?!! If Lin plays well, maybe we keep him as a vet presence at PG, if not, let him go. THEN, get a nice player or 2 from the draft, Nash $$ comes off the books, get a LaMarcus Adridge next year, then go after Durant after that to take Kobe's spot!

Pretty excited for the future of Lakers hoops!!

Aldridge has already said he's going back to Portland

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is jim buss on a short leash or should he be?

was listening to first take earlier today. say he gets blame for much of the state of the lakers...

chose dantoni over phil Jackson. rumor was ego got in way not liking phil..

led to Dwight howard not resigning even when he asked for phil Jackson as coach.

if jerry buss was still around most think howard would have stayed and most likely would have reeled in Carmelo as well.

so ultimately question is should he step down at some point?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows that short buss created a lot of the problems the Lakers are now facing. We have chronicled them before in older discussion threads but it is safe to say that short buss isn't the brightest bulb on the planet.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get a decent head coach who can get few young hungry guys to play defense and not suck on offense along with a well rested Kobe and who knows......

So... What's up with the coach?

Anybody got a clue? :noidea:

hi-res-80473454d5f20a0262bc4a21ec16f917_crop_exact.jpg

its fair to say that now the wait to hire a coach was a failed experiment...didn't help land any big names. probably more so hurt their chances. not sure why wait any longer. only competitor Byron scott has had signed up with the nets. whats even worse is him putting together his staff...this long wait has allowed incoming coaches like steve kerr, Derek fisher, lionel hollins etc...beat them to the top available assistants in the league. seems they are just getting the scraps much like free agency

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows that short buss created a lot of the problems the Lakers are now facing. We have chronicled them before in older discussion threads but it is safe to say that short buss isn't the brightest bulb on the planet.

Yep. I'm hopeful that Jeanie being there for the meeting with 'Melo and the fact that it was held in her office, means that she is going to be more active on the basketball side. Even if it just means that she keeps him from getting in Mitch's way.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TJF12. Jeannie's involvement is going to help a lot and literally inhibit short buss from screwing things up so bad that we would never get out of the hole. That Lin trade was Mitch doing his job and I venture to guess that Jeannie stepped in and turned Mitch loose this year so that he can do what is is paid to do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TJF12. Jeannie's involvement is going to help a lot and literally inhibit short buss from screwing things up so bad that we would never get out of the hole. That Lin trade was Mitch doing his job and I venture to guess that Jeannie stepped in and turned Mitch loose this year so that he can do what is is paid to do.

I hope you're right because that's exactly what should happen. That was the beauty of Dr. Buss as an owner. He hired people and then let them do their jobs. He only stepped in when he was needed. It is said that of all of Dr. Buss' kid's, Jeanie is the most like him.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mitch said in interview courtside that they wont have a coach for a few more weeks...not sure I see the point. let your guy put together a staff. let him take part in summer league..that makes no sense. aren't lakers only team in league without a coach

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm going through the old threads on our Lakers board here making sure we have no nsfw pics in here and I learned 2 things:

1.) Lakers fans aren't pervs or if they are, they keep it to themselves.

2.) I somehow missed that retro is a power lifter. Note to self, if you ever meet retro in person......do NOT piss him off.

And what the hell was Randle thinking trying to go coast to coast.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right because that's exactly what should happen. That was the beauty of Dr. Buss as an owner. He hired people and then let them do their jobs. He only stepped in when he was needed. It is said that of all of Dr. Buss' kid's, Jeanie is the most like him.

I totally agree because if she doesn't, short buss will stumble this franchise into a hole so deep nobody will be able to right it for years.

Like I said, this Randle is doing some things that are way ahead of what he should be doing in a manner of guy who thinks he is better than he is. Methinks Kobe will have a chat with the dude sooner rather than later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea TJF12. I think we went through that history stuff way long ago. I am still doing the iron after 38 years of competitions. I have been known to be pretty beligerent when I am riding my motorcycle. People just don't see you and it really pisses me off because needless to say, one is very vulnerable riding a motorcycle. Don't tell anybody though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea TJF12. I think we went through that history stuff way long ago. I am still doing the iron after 38 years of competitions. I have been known to be pretty beligerent when I am riding my motorcycle. People just don't see you and it really pisses me off because needless to say, one is very vulnerable riding a motorcycle. Don't tell anybody though.

Yeah, I had either forgotten or missed it. One is just a likely as the other since I am both forgetful and not very observant. :lol:

I came across it on Vita's Lakers Fan Roll Call thread. Pretty cool that you were in competitions too.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I haven't competed in a while. I have been busy getting out of debt, but I work-out twice a week on my back porch where I have my gym. It is so nice and hot here in Phoenix, I never thought I'd see the day where I had my own Venice beach-well sort of. The heat is here and the sand and desert dirt but no ocean and no babes. Lol. Thanks anyways. If you want anymore info, get ahold of Vita. He and I have attended a Rams-Cards game here in Phoenix last year so he can give you all the dirt you want to know.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. I just found the power lifter thing to be interesting.

Did you see that last second tip in by Clarkson off the Randle miss?

Lakers win 89-88.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I missed it because I have been scouring threads for questionable avi's, posts, vids, gifs, etc. That Clarkson just may be starter material and we bought his pick in the second round. Similar to how we got Ryan Kelly last year. I hope theey re-sign Kelly this year. I think he'll be vastly improved as well.

Good, I am glad the Lakers won it. I watched until the half. Anytime you want shoot the breeze about exercise, I have a Master's degree in Exercise Science and I have been lifting the heavies for a while. Just say the word.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson looks solid. A very good selection by Mitch. But I think i'd rather see him come off the bench and fill in for both the PG and SG positions. Could be part of a great 2nd unit.

Start him slow like we did with Kobe and see how he progresses.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right Shaqdaddy. Marshall can certainly handle the starter spot unless Nash is going to be able to play more than a quarter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I missed it because I have been scouring threads for questionable avi's, posts, vids, gifs, etc. That Clarkson just may be starter material and we bought his pick in the second round. Similar to how we got Ryan Kelly last year. I hope theey re-sign Kelly this year. I think he'll be vastly improved as well.

Good, I am glad the Lakers won it. I watched until the half. Anytime you want shoot the breeze about exercise, I have a Master's degree in Exercise Science and I have been lifting the heavies for a while. Just say the word.

I will definitely keep that in mind. Much appreciated. I've also seen your efforts on the site cleanup and that is much appreciated as well. That's from all mods, not just me.