• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather keep Nash and see his whole salary come off the books next summer. Could teach a thing or two to Lin this season as well.

:agree:. Don't see the point of using the provision.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall is a very shitty version of Rubio. I hope Clarkson makes the team. He's got a more NBA ready game. Marshall needs to fix alot of his stuff in the D-league.

Clarkson is making the team. They had to spend some cash to get the pick and they had him rated higher than where they picked him.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan · 13m

Lakers also ended up getting 2nd-round pick from HOU. So they got Lin, Rockets 1st-rounder next yr and Clips' 2nd-rounder (via HOU) next yr

Nice deal.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: The 2015 draft was a draft we weren't even going to be able to show up for unless we bought a pick in the second round until yesterday. Now we are back in it with a first AND a second rounder. Mitch really did a good job with that trade.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Henry doesn't sign with Miami, I see us bringing back Henry, Kelly, and Wes Johnson because they'll play on the cheap. The rest will be summer league players.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who fills out roster? might be wishful thinking but seems like have room for one more decent player..2nd or 3rd tier...one guy I like that can contribute is aminu...played for new Orleans. pretty good defender, rebounder..might have too high of asking price. don't like idea of nick young starting. keep him as spark off bench.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I think Lin is going to revive his career with the Lakers and he may just have a great year.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on Nash, kind of. In the unlikely event that he is healthy enough to play, I think you let him start out of respect for who he is, but don't have him playing "starters minutes".

In the little bit of time that he's actually been able to be on the floor for the Lakers, he has shown that he can still be very effective.

As for Lin, I agree with the prevailing sentiment that he should be the one with the starters minutes. He has shown that he can be a brilliant point guard at times, but he's inconsistent. I'd be very interested to see how much he can improve and how much more consistent he can be with a little mentoring from Nash. They have very similar styles.

... maybe if he possessed some kind of tenure and accomplishment with the Lakers, but he has done virtually nothing with them. We're not talking about Kareem here, not to mention the fact that Kareem in his forties could still get his shot off at any time, make an impact defensively, and be relied upon for almost every game.

Personally, I think that the Lakers have already lost a year or two and cannot afford to lose any more time. Plus, coming off the bench would better enable LA to manage (i.e. limit) Nash's minutes. A lot of great point guards have ended their careers coming off the bench, including Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, and even Magic Johnson. There's no reason why Nash could not do the same.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... maybe if he possessed some kind of tenure and accomplishment with the Lakers, but he has done virtually nothing with them. We're not talking about Kareem here, not to mention the fact that Kareem in his forties could still get his shot off at any time, make an impact defensively, and be relied upon for almost every game.

Personally, I think that the Lakers have already lost a year or two and cannot afford to lose any more time. Plus, coming off the bench would better enable LA to manage (i.e. limit) Nash's minutes. A lot of great point guards have ended their careers coming off the bench, including Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, and even Magic Johnson. There's no reason why Nash could not do the same.

True. Whether he had a history with the Lakers or not, though. He's still Steve Nash, he's still a first ballot HOF'er. I think I'd at least give him the choice.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who fills out roster? might be wishful thinking but seems like have room for one more decent player..2nd or 3rd tier...one guy I like that can contribute is aminu...played for new Orleans. pretty good defender, rebounder..might have too high of asking price. don't like idea of nick young starting. keep him as spark off bench.

The Lakers have 4 spots left counting Clarkson who isn't officially signed yet. Looking like it will be Xavier Henry, Ryan Kelly and maybe a couple of guys off the summer league team.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have 4 spots left counting Clarkson who isn't officially signed yet. Looking like it will be Xavier Henry, Ryan Kelly and maybe a couple of guys off the summer league team.

Maybe Thompkins. He looked pretty good yesterday.

I wonder if they put in a claim for Boozer, assuming he gets amnestied. I think they have roughly $3mil to bid on him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Lakersrule, the Lakers like that Thompkins kid a lot. I agree with TJF12. Henry and Kelly are next unless Henry signs with Miami.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I'm getting more excited about the Lin signing. Not sure how this was a bad trade for LA?!! If Lin plays well, maybe we keep him as a vet presence at PG, if not, let him go. THEN, get a nice player or 2 from the draft, Nash $$ comes off the books, get a LaMarcus Adridge next year, then go after Durant after that to take Kobe's spot!

Pretty excited for the future of Lakers hoops!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I'm getting more excited about the Lin signing. Not sure how this was a bad trade for LA?!! If Lin plays well, maybe we keep him as a vet presence at PG, if not, let him go. THEN, get a nice player or 2 from the draft, Nash $$ comes off the books, get a LaMarcus Adridge next year, then go after Durant after that to take Kobe's spot!

Pretty excited for the future of Lakers hoops!!

Mitch has preached patience all along and we knew there had to be a plan B because the FO knew Lebron and 'Melo were long shots.

The Lakers return won't be as fast as we hoped, but it will happen sooner than many seem to think.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guy's. :wave:

Hows our championship roster shapping up so far ?

And what musty Kobe be thinking ? he must be excited for this season.

:L

Last edited by a moderator: