• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lacy 2nd Team all pro

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

Not sure who would be the best player in the NFL,but manning is the best qb in the NFL....................He`s how old and still putting up numbers that are ridiculous.While Rodgers is in his prime and can`t sniff his records and you wanna call Rodgers the best player?

Nope sorry.............

Wait... now being old makes you great?

Rodgers has been the best QB in the NFL over the last 5 years or so. This year he was injured. It happens.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't bother debating with most Bears fans when talking about the Packers

hatersgonnahate.gif

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Level-headed Packers fan here - the o-line certainly did NOT get better overall by subtracting our best blocker at the most critical position (LT Bulaga) and inserting a 4th round rookie, but the run blocking itself was at least on par, maybe even superior to last year. I can get with that argument.

However, during literally half the games this year, the Packers trotted out the worst line of QBs in the NFL, and teams simply stacked the box to stop Lacy. It's not like Randall Cobb was there to help; Jermichael Finley was out for the season. The only legit weapon on the team was Lacy, the only player that teams game-planned against was Lacy. So yes, he had a hell of a season creating his own holes & blasting through arms crowding the line of scrimage, and deserves ROY.

He is not, however, at this point in his career the 4th best back in the NFL. He's a better pure runner than Forte, but he hasn't proven he can block or catch like him; he's comparable to Lynch, though, I'm not sure why anyone's up in arms about that. Their stats are close, their style is similar, and Lynch had the advantage of a fully-functioning offense to go along with a stellar defense. There was simply more talent around him, and again, they had similar seasons. Regardless, I agree that he may be a bit overranked here, but it's also not as ludicrous as the Bear fans hyperventilating about it.

And as for all the tinfoil hats out there crying about all the "advantates" Packers have, the team that won their division and came a last-second field goal short against the defending NFC champs had a grand total of 2 players show up on the list, behind juggernauts like the Cleveland Browns.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers has clearly been the best QB in the game, the last few years. No question.

The Forte vs. Lacy stuff is garbage and you know it. He's a better pure runner than Forte? Puuhlease.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers has clearly been the best QB in the game, the last few years. No question.

The Forte vs. Lacy stuff is garbage and you know it. He's a better pure runner than Forte? Puuhlease.

Well he is 2nd team All Pro so yes he must be

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So people are elevating Lacy above Forte because of his stellar blocking and receiving skills? :laugh3: Give it up dude, he's an excellent all-purpose back for sure, and I was saying I'd rate him above Lacy due to that, but in terms of pure running ability, I'm putting him above Forte like the majority of folks out there.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RK ATT YDS LNG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM

2 Matt Forte, RB CHI 289 1,339 4.6 55 9 9 83.7 2 74

8 Eddie Lacy, RB GB 284 1,178 4.1 60 3 11 78.5 1 61

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte ranked 2nd in rushing vs. 8 for Lacy.

Total rushing yards is better, yards per attempt is better, 20+ runs is significantly better, attempts are essentially equal...the only category Lacy was better in was TD's at 11 to 9 respectively.

But then Forte did have 74 catches for 594 yds and 3 TD's, compared to Lacy's 35 catches for 257 yds and no TD's.

I guess I don't know wtf the you mean by pure runner??? Sounds like some lame way of justifying your position??:noidea:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the voting results for the running backs

x-Running Backs
LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia, 48; Jamaal Charles, Kansas City, 47; Adrian Peterson, Minnesota, 1; Eddie Lacy, Green Bay, 1.

x-one voter selected only one running back.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is delusional to place Lacy ahead of Forte or Lynch this last season. Just more evidence that the fix is on.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is delusional to place Lacy ahead of Forte or Lynch this last season. Just more evidence that the fix is on.

Are you the parent of one of the players involved? If not who cares?