• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: LA Clippers vs San Antonio Spurs

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clipppers better hope to get a short series.
A long series will clearly favor the Spurs.

The Clips bench is horrible. Doc is going to grind his starters into the ground.
Portland might have a better bench.

I actually feel pretty good about the game.
But, they dominated the game anytime the Clips did not play their starters.

I think Pop will attack any Clipper starter who even remotely gets an early foul.
+21 from the bench even with Crawford going bezerk makes me feel a lot better.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either he's reinjured himself or this has gone underreported for the last couple of weeks. I thought he looked ok a few days ago but he looks slow as hell out there tonight
It wouldn't be the first time that a good Spurs team had a player too banged up to get out of the first round.

Tony Parker 10pts 1 assist? Danny Green 1-7 from 3? It could be a fluke game but Im throwing my vcash on the Clippers in game 2 just in case Parker is gimpy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers didn't even play that great which is good for them. Only 3 players really need anything worth a damn on offense. On defense they gave the Spurs way too many open looks.

Lots to improve on for the Clippers

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clips bench is horrible. Doc is going to grind his starters into the ground.

I think Pop will attack any Clipper starter who even remotely gets an early foul.

spurs just have to get back on d and danny green cant play like a jackass.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop is just going to keep rotating fresh bodies like crazy

Blake will collapses by about game 3 if he has to play 43 minutes a night

Spurs can go 12 deep. I am not sure the Clips even have 6 players.

But, their starters might be the best starting five in the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clippers bench is terrible outside of Crawford but it's not like Doc play his starters a ridiculous amount of minutes due to having a shitty bench.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt anybody gasses out through 3 games. they have 2 days off until game 2

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt Blake play 43 minutes nightly and he was the only one that played a ridiculous amount of minutes but isn't a big deal at all since they don't play again until Wednesday.

Spurs doesn't have anyone who can guard Blake. He kills the Spurs all the time. 5 games this year and Blake destroyed the Spurs basically every time they play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt anybody gasses out through 3 games. they have 2 days off until game 2

Yeah and I also don't think Doc plays Blake 43 minutes per game in this series.

San Antonio should be concerned with stopping Blake and Paul. 5 games against Blake/CP3 this year and those guys are numbers are ridiculous against the Spurs

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Blake play 43 minutes nightly and he was the only one that played a ridiculous amount of minutes but isn't a big deal at all since they don't play again until Wednesday.

Spurs doesn't have anyone who can guard Blake. He kills the Spurs all the time. 5 games this year and Blake destroyed the Spurs basically every time they play.

id put leonard on him. have parker play loose and force cp3 to hit mid-range jumpers.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clips take game 2, then I might give them a chance. If not, then bye bye Clippers. Than bench will kill 'em, Doc would have to play his starters to the ground and have no choice. Crawford isn't going to be enough.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id put leonard on him. have parker play loose and force cp3 to hit mid-range jumpers.

I don't get the sense of having Leonard chase Redick around all game either....doesn't make sense to me

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? That's his sweet spot. But yes, if Draymond can shut down BG, I don't see why Kawhi can't.

Put Danny Green on Paul, he will shut him down real quick.

I should get paid for this armchair coaching gig

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the sense of having Leonard chase Redick around all game either....doesn't make sense to me
Yeah, the Spurs might need to tweak their lineup a bit. That said, they hit a couple of 3pt shots and the whole series is different.

Great benches only beat teams who aren't great. Not something to rely on if Blake plays well

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clips take game 2, then I might give them a chance. If not, then bye bye Clippers. Than bench will kill 'em, Doc would have to play his starters to the ground and have no choice. Crawford isn't going to be enough.

I didn't know the Clips were some terrible road team that is not capable of winning one road game if you give them 3 attempts.

Doc isn't going to be a retard and play all his starters 40+ minutes. He will keep them around 36-39 minutes most nights. You guys are making it seem like he is Cal and have all his bench players on the floor at the same time.

Is the bench play really noticeable when you throw a lineup out there of Paul, Crawford, Barnes, Blake, and Big Baby. They kill have more than enough offense on the court at most times because they usually almost always have 3 starters on the floor at the same time. Also Blake and CP3 almost never are off the court at the same time

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiago Splitter is the key.

He has been injured for about 3 weeks. This was his first cameo appearance in a while.
He looked out of shape and only played about 10 minutes.
I hope he is close to 80% and Pop starts him in game 2.

Boris Diaw wants to play point guard and shoot 3s a little too much.
Blake doesnt have to defend the low post when Diaw is the center.

Splitter and Duncan can force Blake to defend the low post and maybe get him in foul trouble.
Foul trouble is essentially irrelevent for San Antonio. But, it will kill the Clips.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Spurs might need to tweak their lineup a bit. That said, they hit a couple of 3pt shots and the whole series is different.

Great benches only beat teams who aren't great. Not something to rely on if Blake plays well

Exactly I'm tired of hearing this bench garbage. At the end of the day if the trend holds up of CP and Blake having their way against the Spurs as they done in basically every game this season, the Spurs will have their hands full this series.

BTW for those who act like if the Clips lose Wednesday that the series is somehow over....Clippers were the 2nd best road team in the NBA behind Golden State

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiago Splitter is the key.

He has been injured for about 3 weeks. This was his first cameo appearance in a while.
He looked out of shape and only played about 10 minutes.
I hope he is close to 80% and Pop starts him in game 2.

Boris Diaw wants to play point guard and shoot 3s a little too much.
Blake doesnt have to defend the low post when Diaw is the center.

Splitter and Duncan can force Blake to defend the low post and maybe get him in foul trouble.
Foul trouble is essentially irrelevent for San Antonio. But, it will kill the Clips.

It will only kill the Clips if you get one of their big 3 in trouble. If you get someone like Redick or Barnes in foul trouble, it really isn't the end of the world because Crawford is damn good and play the same position

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know the Clips were some terrible road team that is not capable of winning one road game if you give them 3 attempts.

Doc isn't going to be a retard and play all his starters 40+ minutes. He will keep them around 36-39 minutes most nights. You guys are making it seem like he is Cal and have all his bench players on the floor at the same time.

Is the bench play really noticeable when you throw a lineup out there of Paul, Crawford, Barnes, Blake, and Big Baby. They kill have more than enough offense on the court at most times because they usually almost always have 3 starters on the floor at the same time. Also Blake and CP3 almost never are off the court at the same time
Because Crawford's in there and he's as good as any starter. After him, they are absolute shit compared to what the Spurs got. And Doc is a scrub, don't care for him tbh
If Pops can't find a way to shut down BG (and he will), then maybe I'll give Clips a chance.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPURS need to shoot a little better at the free-throw line

They kept getting the low post offense working than inexplicably missing their free-throws.

The Clips shooting 56% from 3 while SA shoots 53% from the freethrow line is a weird stat.