• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: LA Clippers vs San Antonio Spurs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Not every Team.

But, I think they are far superior to my Clippers.

I am a realist.

Do you not remember the game they played against your Heat and the Cavs?

30pt blowouts.

This is the same Team.

You think way too highly of the Spurs

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think way too highly of the Spurs

Possibly.

But, I think it's hard to overvalue a Team with 5 Championships and 16 straight 50 win Seasons when they are facing a Team who's greatest accomplishment is sniffing the 2nd round.

Look, it's nauseating to have to argue against my own Team.

But, these are the facts of the situation...thru my eyes anyway.

Agree to disagree.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly.

But, I think it's hard to overvalue a Team with 5 Championships and 16 straight 50 win Seasons when they are facing a Team who's greatest accomplishment is sniffing the 2nd round.

Look, it's nauseating to have to argue against my own Team.

But, these are the facts of the situation...thru my eyes anyway.

Agree to disagree.

:agree: Hate to say it cause you know how I feel about the Spurs but everything you've said is true. Honestly, nothing against you, I truly don't see the clips winning more than 2 games because of the Spurs ability to make adjustments immediately.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Hate to say it cause you know how I feel about the Spurs but everything you've said is true. Honestly, nothing against you, I truly don't see the clips winning more than 2 games because of the Spurs ability to make adjustments immediately.

Yeah, you hate those mofos!

It's not that I see them as some Super Team.

But, the Clippers crumble like a cookie the first sign of adversity.

If they were playing the Rox, Mavs or Blazers I would have picked them to advance.

Might be a little homerism picking against Houston.

But, the Griz, Spurs or Warriors?

Gone fishin

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point.

The point is, it's stupid to NOT think highly of the Spurs. People don't think highly of them every year, yet there they are, right in the middle of things, every year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, it's stupid to NOT think highly of the Spurs. People don't think highly of them every year, yet there they are, right in the middle of things, every year.

So you got the Spurs winning 4 in a row also?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are down 1-0. Why would they have to win 4 in a row?

This whole thing started with Mecca comparing the series to the the Lakers-sixers finals and saying that the Spurs are gonna win the next 4.

Of course the Spurs deserve respect... they've proven that. They've also proven that they can lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs just as often as they don't... and that they can get into a long series with an inferior team even in the years they win it all (as recently as last year 1st round).

Oh, yeah... and the Clippers are a very good - probably underrated - team. 2nd only to the Warriors in point differential.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing started with Mecca comparing the series to the the Lakers-sixers finals and saying that the Spurs are gonna win the next 4.

Of course the Spurs deserve respect... they've proven that. They've also proven that they can lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs just as often as they don't... and that they can get into a long series with an inferior team even in the years they win it all (as recently as last year 1st round).

Oh, yeah... and the Clippers are a very good - probably underrated - team. 2nd only to the Warriors in point differential.

Uh, the Spurs have been to the playoffs 18 straight years and have lost in the first round 3 times. I agree though that they have shown that they can let a series go longer than it should.

:lol: @bks what a stupid reason to make that comment. Especially since Mecca's comments had as much to do with her own teams shortcomings as how good the Spurs are. Until the Clippers show that they can actually overcome a little adversity and get past the 1st or 2nd round, there's no reason to think they are suddenly going to get it figured out and make a deep run.

Point differential in the regular season has little/nothing to do with playoff performance.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, the Spurs have been to the playoffs 18 straight years and have lost in the first round 3 times. I agree though that they have shown that they can let a series go longer than it should.

Yeah, I said "1st or 2nd round".

In the last 17 years (can't count this year yet) they are 9 - 8 getting out of the 2nd round. That's obviously not a huge criticism... plenty of teams would love to have that record. I'm just saying... lately it feels like people think of SAS as a shoe-in to the WCF but I don't see it... especially as a 6 seed.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point differential in the regular season has little/nothing to do with playoff performance.

Definitely... but over an 82-game stretch its a pretty good indicator of how good a team is. Playoff basketball is a completely different animal and we'll see if the Clippers are up for it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I said "1st or 2nd round".

In the last 17 years (can't count this year yet) they are 9 - 8 getting out of the 2nd round. That's obviously not a huge criticism... plenty of teams would love to have that record. I'm just saying... lately it feels like people think of SAS as a shoe-in to the WCF but I don't see it... especially as a 6 seed.

2 of their 2nd round exits were to the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and at least 2 others were when they were a lower seeded team (I think they were the 7th seed at least one of those seasons).

It's not so much that they are a shoe-in for the WCF as it is how strong they finished the regular season and they are the one team in the playoffs with a proven track record of success. When things get tough, we pretty much know exactly how the Spurs will respond. We don't know that about any other team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of their 2nd round exits were to the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and at least 2 others were when they were a lower seeded team (I think they were the 7th seed at least one of those seasons).

It's not so much that they are a shoe-in for the WCF as it is how strong they finished the regular season and they are the one team in the playoffs with a proven track record of success. When things get tough, we pretty much know exactly how the Spurs will respond. We don't know that about any other team.

Very fair. I completely agree with all of that.

Tonight is huge for the Clippers. If they pull the win out... they put the Spurs in a position where they have to win 4 of 5. If they lose... the Spurs have homecourt advantage and the Clips have a huge hill to climb.

I think the series hinges on tonight's game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very fair. I completely agree with all of that.

Tonight is huge for the Clippers. If they pull the win out... they put the Spurs in a position where they have to win 4 of 5. If they lose... the Spurs have homecourt advantage and the Clips have a huge hill to climb.

I think the series hinges on tonight's game.

Yep, tonight's game is huge. If the Clips win, it could be the one that finally gets them started on a run to at least the WCF. If they lose, they likely go back to being the same ol' Clips.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny story:

Apparently, Clippers owner Steve Ballmer has turned the Lakers locker room into his own personal owners lounge during the playoffs. Lakers fans reactions have been pretty funny. Probably the best comment so far was: "So the Clippers like to sleep in their parent's bed when they're on vacation. Yet another reason they will always be little brother." :lol:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: @bks what a stupid reason to make that comment. Especially since Mecca's comments had as much to do with her own teams shortcomings as how good the Spurs are. Until the Clippers show that they can actually overcome a little adversity and get past the 1st or 2nd round, there's no reason to think they are suddenly going to get it figured out and make a deep run.

Exactly.

I never said the Spurs would win 4 in a row.

I picked them to win in 5 games before the series started.

So, since the Clippers won game 1, that somehow morphed into " Mecca picked the Spurs to win the next 4".

I pointed out that it was done when the 76ers lost to the Lakers AFTER Bks said those who picked the Spurs in 5 must think they are winning the next 4 in a row.

Reading is fundamental.