• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: LA Clippers vs San Antonio Spurs

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive only seen these two teams matchup twice now but its clear that Pops hasn't found anything yet. It really seems like his secret weapon is hack a jordan. Game 2 is a kitchen sink game for the Spurs. Neither team can go down 2-0 or 3-1 in a series like this.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Crawford's in there and he's as good as any starter. After him, they are absolute shit compared to what the Spurs got. And Doc is a scrub, don't care for him tbh
If Pops can't find a way to shut down BG (and he will), then maybe I'll give Clips a chance.

Bench play in the playoffs isn't a big deal. Most teams go to a shorter rotation already. Your starters are almost always the key to winning or losing a series. Bench play and having more depth is more important in the grind of the 82 game season. Having a crappy bench isn't the end of the world in the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive only seen these two teams matchup twice now but its clear that Pops hasn't found anything yet. It really seems like his secret weapon is hack a jordan. Game 2 is a kitchen sink game for the Spurs. Neither team can go down 2-0 or 3-1 in a series like this.

In 3 regular season games vs the Spurs, Blake avg 25, 10, and 6. Tonight he finished with 26, 12, & 6 so basically exactly what he did to the Spurs in the regular season.

In 4 regular seasong games vs the Spurs, CP avg 20 and 10 on just under 52% shooting. Tonight he was more of a scoring point guard as he went for 32 and 6 but as you can see, these 2 been manhandling the Spurs all season long.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench play in the playoffs isn't a big deal. Most teams go to a shorter rotation already. Your starters are almost always the key to winning or losing a series. Bench play and having more depth is more important in the grind of the 82 game season. Having a crappy bench isn't the end of the world in the playoffs.
It's absolutely vital, you saw how the Spurs easily got back in the game with the starters out. I always feel it's such an undervalued aspect to the playoffs.

It's why I feel more confident in GSW (even though they shit the bed against the Pels and why the Pels made it a closer game than it should have).

And I'd be shocked if Pops doesn't have an answer to shutting down BG or at least CP3.

But kudos so far to this matchup, best one on paper in this round and game 1 lived up to it.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? That's his sweet spot. But yes, if Draymond can shut down BG, I don't see why Kawhi can't.

Put Danny Green on Paul, he will shut him down real quick.

I should get paid for this armchair coaching gig

paul is an extremely inconsistent shooter. I would live with him hitting hit range shots

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paul is an extremely inconsistent shooter. I would live with him hitting hit range shots
Dude's been balling after ASB. I actually would've had him top 3 in my MVP vote, maybe 2. He did an incredible job with BG out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants to be wrong more than me.

But, I remember when the Sixers beat the Lakers in game 1.

The Lakers didn't have 3 guys on that roster that were Finals MVP's and we still see how that worked out for Philly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make a bet with anyone who think the spurs run off 4 straight against LAC. It is amazing how little confidence posters have in their team when their team is actually good. Clippers gave the Spurs trouble all year long as the spurs have no answer for Paul or Blake. They are one of 2 teams out west who I think is good enough to beat San Antonio in a series

BTW that sixers comparison is awful. Philadelphia was a shit team who played in a weak conference. It was iverson and a bunch of mediocre players. This Clippers team is actually talented and is one of the best starting 5 units in basketball.

Spurs may still win but no way in hell are they winning in 5

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either spurs in 6 or spurs in 7

You still think so? The Clippers led this game from beginning to end except for a brief period in the 2nd quarter. The Spurs played their game in the first half and it was within 10 points most of the first half. The Clippers shot well but so did the Spurs. When the Clippers played defense they shut the Spurs down. In transition the Clippers dominated. Unless Parker and Timmy are saving something in the tank it will be a hard fought series. Spurs have the advantage down the stretch with a great bench.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spurs will come back to win in 6.. spurs are a better team and battle tested.. the clippers are too emotion and will go thru to many highs and lows to beat a championship team

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make a bet with anyone who think the spurs run off 4 straight against LAC. It is amazing how little confidence posters have in their team when their team is actually good. Clippers gave the Spurs trouble all year long as the spurs have no answer for Paul or Blake. They are one of 2 teams out west who I think is good enough to beat San Antonio in a series

BTW that sixers comparison is awful. Philadelphia was a shit team who played in a weak conference. It was iverson and a bunch of mediocre players. This Clippers team is actually talented and is one of the best starting 5 units in basketball.

Spurs may still win but no way in hell are they winning in 5

Why are you playing the pronoun game?

I'm the only Clipper fan here.

These same Spurs dismantled the Heat last year and your Team had the best player on the planet.

My Team's best 3 players combined are barely enough to match Lebron's affect on the game and our bench is basura.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Spurs team that dismantled the Heat also went 7 with Dallas.

The Spurs have a history of turning on and off. They've never repeated. They've had as many 1st and 2nd round exits as they've had final runs in the past 15 years. They are one of the few #1 seeds ever to lose in the 1st round.

I will say that this Spurs team (with Leonard and Green) seems more consistent than past years. They had 2 consecutive title runs which they never really did before... and are going for a 3rd straight run.

Just sayin... it really shouldn't be a shock if they sputter out early... especially considering their seeding this year.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've had as many 1st and 2nd round exits as they've had final runs in the past 15 years. They are one of the few #1 seeds ever to lose in the 1st round

I have to disagree.

In the Duncan era, they didnt lose a first round series with a complete Big 3 playing from 1998-2010, and havent lost since 2011.

Duncan did not play in 2000.
Ginobili did not play in 2009.
2011 was the only time I can remember them losing in the first round with an almost healthy Big 3.
Although People forget Ginobili like a dumbass got hurt in game #82 and missed game 1 of the 2011 series than limped around completely ineffective the last 5 games.

That still makes them 15-3 in first round series.
They are not a team prone to gacking in the first round.

If the Clippers win, it wil be because the Clippers are a better team not some Spurs inconsistency.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree.

In the Duncan era, they didnt lose a first round series with a complete Big 3 playing from 1998-2010, and havent lost since 2011.

Duncan did not play in 2000.
Ginobili did not play in 2009.
2011 was the only time I can remember them losing in the first round with an almost healthy Big 3.
Although People forget Ginobili like a dumbass got hurt in game #82 and missed game 1 of the 2011 series than limped around completely ineffective the last 5 games.

That still makes them 15-3 in first round series.
They are not a team prone to gacking in the first round.

If the Clippers win, it wil be because the Clippers are a better team not some Spurs inconsistency.

Good point on the injuries... I had forgotten all 3 of those instances, honestly.

I made that statement ("They've had as many 1st and 2nd round exits as they've had final runs in the past 15 years") without fact checking. Going back and looking at it, here are the facts.

The Spurs have made 18 straight playoffs. In the past 17 (not counting this year)...
- They have made it to the WCF or beyond 9 times.
- They lost in the 1st or 2nd round 8 times.

But you're right... only 3 times in the 1st round... and all 3 with injury issues.

I agree with your overall premise... that a series win by the Clippers would be because of how good they are... not how inconsistent the Spurs are.

Maybe the mixture of deep playoff runs with earlier exits has more to do with the quality of the Western Conference over that time period than it does with the Spurs themselves.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you playing the pronoun game?

I'm the only Clipper fan here.

These same Spurs dismantled the Heat last year and your Team had the best player on the planet.

My Team's best 3 players combined are barely enough to match Lebron's affect on the game and our bench is basura.

The spurs never been a team to end series against good teams fast. All of sudden because they beat Miami last year in 5 they're some dominant playoffs team who can eliminate every another legit team in 5?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 upsets won game 1, Clips and Wash. My picks are looking good.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the sense of having Leonard chase Redick around all game either....doesn't make sense to me

I expect to see Green more on Redick going forward and then crossmatch Leonard to Paul and hide Parker on Barnes. Barnes has been hitting his 3s pretty well but he's always been streaky so if Parker can just sag back and keep Barnes from getting easy buckets off cuts, they may be willing to let Barnes shoot. I mean if Matt Barnes beats you draining shots, its just not your day.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spurs never been a team to end series against good teams fast. All of sudden because they beat Miami last year in 5 they're some dominant playoffs team who can eliminate every another legit team in 5?

No.

Not every Team.

But, I think they are far superior to my Clippers.

I am a realist.

Do you not remember the game they played against your Heat and the Cavs?

30pt blowouts.

This is the same Team.